Ad banners and new header

I would suggest either the President or the MoCI has the final say on what banner goes where. Likely it should be a power the President have that he can delegate down to an individual like many of the other powers.

Edit: Wrong Ministry

In my previous post, I was considering only Ministers. The President obviously has (or can claim) all of the powers his Ministers have, so it'd be redundant to mention him too.

In my previous post, I was considering only Ministers. The President obviously has (or can claim) all of the powers his Ministers have, so it'd be redundant to mention him too.
*nods lots*

I didn't see anywhere where it was posted - what are the standard image dimensions for these banners R3n?

For now, we are just using rescaled versions of the originals, such that their height is about 38 pixels. So, if you use the aspect ratio of the originals, you can find what the width should be.

However, as Leth said, I think they are still very large. I would prefer something of the same width, and height equal to that of the forum userbar (the blue bar with the Euro flag at the left).

In those dimensions, their design should also be simpler. A single icon, and a one-line text (most likely the name of what is being advertised), in a font/color that contrasts well with the background.

R3n and I were also experimenting with having two lines per column for banners instead of one...but that all depends.

Personally I quite like the size used for the current ones up there. They are a workable size and I think anything smaller gets a bit pointless.

That said you two are the forum experts :p

I like the current sizes. I think University should replace Pseudonym.
Here's the thing though: it will be hard for guests who are not signed in to find Psuedonym almost any other way. And I have seen guests read the Pseudonym thread. Only one person has ever asked for help in Pseudonym, it's true, but Pseudonym is one of the few cultural projects that will not be measured by activity. Instead, it is an unqualified success because it gives guests and newcomers to the forum peace of mind that there is a place to go, just in case they need a bit more support. The University needs no such exposure, as new citizens and foreigners alike have found it just fine.

Here's the thing though: it will be hard for guests who are not signed in to find Psuedonym almost any other way. And I have seen guests read the Pseudonym thread. Only one person has ever asked for help in Pseudonym, it's true, but Pseudonym is one of the few cultural projects that will not be measured by activity. Instead, it is an unqualified success because it gives guests and newcomers to the forum peace of mind that there is a place to go, just in case they need a bit more support. The University needs no such exposure, as new citizens and foreigners alike have found it just fine.
Sure, but are we trying to provide exposure with these banners, or are we trying to direct people to the most important things they need to know? I think for new members, certainly the University is a great resource. I mean, you're the boss, just my two cents.

Sure, but are we trying to provide exposure with these banners, or are we trying to direct people to the most important things they need to know? I think for new members, certainly the University is a great resource. I mean, you're the boss, just my two cents.
A bit of both. If it were up to me, I would remove the Citizens' Assembly one and replace it with the University. Then we would have the following:

-Join the Navy
-Pseudonym
-University

Or we could place the text links to the Europeian Region, Europeia Wiki (once it takes you to the new wiki), Law Index, and Regional IRC Channel over where the flag is now, and have two more ads to have the following:

-Citizens' Assembly
-Join the Navy
-Pseudonym
-University

And then two others.

In my unbiased opinion I believe that the board should be shared between:

- Citizen's Assembly
- University
- Join The Navy

This allows for quick access to the legislative body as well as the University in which in unarguably the most efficient and best culture experience that Europeia has in terms of versatility and amount of Europeia history. The Navy is the greatest suggestion in terms of Foreign Affairs, not to mention that it adds to Culture as well.

If I had my way, we'd just have color-coded hyperlinks doubled up (instead of only one line of text).

In my unbiased opinion I believe that the board should be shared between:

- Citizen's Assembly
- University
- Join The Navy

This allows for quick access to the legislative body as well as the University in which in unarguably the most efficient and best culture experience that Europeia has in terms of versatility and amount of Europeia history. The Navy is the greatest suggestion in terms of Foreign Affairs, not to mention that it adds to Culture as well.
I think Citizens Assembly, Pseudonym, and Navy...but think that ad space should be rotated between these three and then rented out by CitInt.

Yes, because we Admins not only consented to everyone else having a choice but we're also fine with periodically changing coding on a semi-regular basis to placate people who need pretty pictures. :rolleyes:

KISS, Gus.

KISS.

As I've said in a previous post, I think this is something the Minister of Citizen Integration (or equivalent) should be given the power to decide on.

Also, as Leth said, ideally it should be stable and not something changing every week.

As I've said in a previous post, I think this is something the Minister of Citizen Integration (or equivalent) should be given the power to decide on.

Also, as Leth said, ideally it should be stable and not something changing every week.
I agree about the CI part...it seems like CI should be handling this, the citizen app, and CSO, and not just be the other side of the Interior coin. But yeah, definitely not every week. :lol:

I agree about the CI part...it seems like CI should be handling this, the citizen app, and CSO, and not just be the other side of the Interior coin. But yeah, definitely not every week. :lol:
The CSO is going to be folded into Citizenship Integration soon (or we have at least discussed it in Cabinet); as for the cit app, that's never going to fall under a ministry.

Back