Ad banners and new header

r3naissanc3r

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
I'm creating this new thread, so that we can discuss the changes without spamming the admin task thread.

Any opinions on the current version of incorporating them in the header?

I know I said this on MSN already to you, but here's what R3n and I have fleshed out:

- Banners need to be smaller, not as wide (userbar size, roughly)
- Color schemes, boys and girls --> Light colors, nice contrast, easy on the eyes (burnt orange and black = shit)
- Simple - small logo, name, nothing else
- Lighter, less saturation

This is the pocket sized Citizens' Assembly banner if you're making them small.

I don't mind having them as they were before. I think they attract more attention that way, but maybe only for short periods of time.

Also...I think your point about colour scheme is, to an extent, opinion. I like the orange and black the way it was in the Pseudonym banner.

I agree with the simplicity part, if they are going to be small.

For now, I've brought back the Pseudonym, and left a single row of ads with one of the columns empty. When you decide what you want it to look like, I can tell you how to change things.

This is the pocket sized Citizens' Assembly banner if you're making them small.

I don't mind having them as they were before. I think they attract more attention that way, but maybe only for short periods of time.

Also...I think your point about colour scheme is, to an extent, opinion. I like the orange and black the way it was in the Pseudonym banner.

I agree with the simplicity part, if they are going to be small.
We'd need the pocket-sized version to be userbar-sized, ideally. Even the current banners (as 3) were stretching the forums a bit.

As for the color scheme - the fact that you think darkly-lit orange black looks nice makes you crazy. :p

If no one's using that third spot can we put the Navy banner on there and have it link to the 'Join the Navy' forum?

For the admin, CSP has approved this photo, if it could be placed in the last, bottom-right slot in the header below the IRC link. And, could we have said image link to this forum, please?

If no one's using that third spot can we put the Navy banner on there and have it link to the 'Join the Navy' forum?
That spot should be for the University.
Right, because Culture should get two out of only three spots available. It's also widely known that the University is vital to the health of Europeia's foreign agenda. Take down the Pseudonym one. It's been up for weeks.

Right, because Culture should get two out of only three spots available. It's also widely known that the University is vital to the health of Europeia's foreign agenda. Take down the Pseudonym one. It's been up for weeks.
Fine, you get to have your Navy banner if I get to keep Pseudonym.

Fine, you get to have your Navy banner if I get to keep Pseudonym.
Works for me.

One solution over this battle for banner real estate would be to give the President the power to designate what goes where on the banner (and what to link). Ministries as well as private citizens could lobby the President for 'real estate' on the banner, instead of striking deals between themselves (as we've done above :p).

One solution over this battle for banner real estate would be to give the President the power to designate what goes where on the banner (and what to link). Ministries as well as private citizens could lobby the President for 'real estate' on the banner, instead of striking deals between themselves (as we've done above :p).
Go away. :ph43r: :p

The Minister of Citizen Integration (or whoever runs integration in future Cabinets) is arguably the most suitable Minister for deciding what banners go in the header.

Back