ZB forum upgrade

r3naissanc3r

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
As you may have already noticed, there have been a few changes to the forum recently. Probably the most noticeable is the appearance of a button to tweet threads, but there are a few more.

These are part of an upgrade implemented on all ZetaBoards forums. Below is the full list (taken from here):
  • Admin Control Panel: Improved portal workflow. Custom modules and portal settings are all managed on one page. Built-in modules can now be turned off.
  • Custom topic fields. Much like a custom profile field, except for topics.
  • New forum data-feed modules. View your moderation report panel, shoutbox, calendar events, or online users list as a forum section.
  • New portal modules: shoutbox, profile status updates, and calendar events.
  • Multiple login option. Allows members to log in to more than one account and quickly switch between accounts.
  • Share topics on twitter.
  • Moderation: Combine topic supports topic tags.
  • Moderation: Edit Topic Title supports topic tags.
  • Show which topics are being viewed on forum page.
  • Combine the Last Activity and Online fields in a member profile into one row.
  • Search engine compatibility improvements.
  • Support for HTML5 multiple file uploads. Attach more than 1 file to a post by just selecting additional files.
  • Admin Control Panel: a few layout, linking, and wording adjustments to make the ACP more intuitive and new admin friendly.
I should also mention that I have disabled the multi-login system. The use of multiple accounts is strongly discouraged.

Next time I catch you online we'll have to talk about this. Exciting.

I've also disabled the twitter option, as it slows down forum loading considerably (and admittedly personally I find it just obstructing).

If anyone intends to use the twitter function, please post here and we'll consider turning it on again.

Back