What Motivates Europeia?

Where to begin? I think it starts with the Presidency. Every new Europeian looks up to it and the person who holds it is almost mystical... transformed by the teal into a role that makes the holder of the office seem much larger than life. Rarely do people see it and immediately think “that could be me”. I remember first serving in Common-Sense Politics cabinet; I was scared of him… this person who won the legendary position. When he asked me for advice on the TUK situation (since I was a TUKer at the time), I didn’t give it because I didn’t want to impose on him.

This is what many Europeians revolve around. From the Presidency flows the Ministries. How many of individual Europian’s actions (within Europeia) are defined by their relationship with the Presidency and the Ministries?

Well, there are 8 Ministers. Each Ministry employs Junior Ministers and people in other positions. From there, you could easily expand to include nearly each and every single Europeian from the current stalwarts like Crist Seymour to the more critical PhDre.

Another way to look at it would be to split the region up into structural spheres. Here you have:

-The Executive
-The Senate
-The City Council
-The Judiciary
-The Chancellery
-The Navy (maybe)

Which would be the most important influential? Which would be the least?

Here’s my opinion:

1.The Executive
2.The Senate
3.The Chancellory
4.The City Council
5.The Navy
6.The Judiciary (it shouldn’t really be that influential politically)

But does this really describe Europeia?

Maybe we should go by personal political spheres…

The Rachel Anumian sphere…
The NES sphere…
The Skizzy Grey sphere…

Oh god, that’s even worse… countless overlap…

The truth of it is that Europeia is a huge region. It is not so easily defined, and any “correct” definition can easily be challenged by a different way of analysis. Here, enters a common concern that we are a conservative region…

People often expect that there will be universal acclaim or universal dejection. However, when you have over 40 citizens… that is rarely attainable. Unless you hold massive clout, you must really fight for what you believe in. If every single persons “amazing” idea’s were readily accepted by every single person… we’d be having IF forums one day, then ZB the next, then proboards the next and then back to IF!

So because there is such a large amount of people with differing thoughts, backgrounds and combined with a built up set of idea’s that it is difficult to simply walk in and declare your idea’s superior. One needs to work, because one can say “well, what makes your opinion better than person X who has worked so hard here?”. Also… that person x will likely have a good idea of how do things well since they have experienced such success with hard work.

I just think it’s much more complicated than some people think when it comes to Europiea, simply because of our size. Back to the background part, there are so many Europeians who hold titles and such in other regions. But they do this not out of a Europeian “empire” but rather it is their own personal body of work. This simply adds to the amount of complexity.

I fear, I’ve muddled this completely… but I disagree heavily with the notion that the region is inherently anti-change. For me personally, I’ve seen a ton of changes in the region and they came from hard work and dedication. It is rather too complex and large, with too many competing to be swayed easily by any idea in a heartbeat…

So… what do you think motivates us? Why is Europeia the region it is and what is the driving force? How does one examine Europeia?

What is your Europeian story? And what defines/motivates you?

What motivates me?

I want to someday be worthy of being made MoFA. Which is a long time from now, true, but that is my long, long term goal.

So many spelling mistakes :(

Europeia is an Anumian dominion; you are all my playthings.

Except Skizzy. I won't play with him. :p

Motivates me? Retiring eventually.

What motivates me? Trying not to piss Anumia off with spelling mistakes.

Recruitment used to motivate me, now I just bumble about like a British minister.

Back