War Games: A Positive Step

War Games: A Postive Step
A Mixlr Supplement to Notty Talk 009

War Games with EPSA
On June 7 Grand Admiral Kraketopia of the Europeian Rebpublican Navy (ERN) and Erelim General of the East Pacific Sovereignty Army (ESPA) Xoriet came together in a first for both regions to host their own war games.

There were four objectives in total, each side had to try and take the same region and scored points based on the amount of nations in the objective and who took it. Each side also took turns defending a region against the other side's invading force. Finally, there was a competition that tested the reaction times of each side, scoring points for the number of nations in the objective and being penalized for going too early. In total the EPSA won two of the objectives; the ERN won one of the objectives, and one was considered to be a draw.

"The War Games with the EPSA were a great way to bond with the members of the EPSA, as well as drill different military skillsets in a fun, competitive environment," said Kraketopia while discussing the benefits of War Games. "I look forward to hosting more War Games with TEP and other regions as well."

The Benefit
War games provide excellent training for all involved whether it be learning new things or drilling in already known tactics. Many different situations in such a short space of time requires service-members to think and act quickly to be able to succeed. Practicing such war games will in the long run will help the ERN. War games don't just help to learn and hone military tactics but they also help to strengthen bonds between regions. Recently there has been an increase in diplomatic activity between Europeia and TEP, and state visits and these games have undoubtedly helped to improve Europeia's relationship with TEP.

New skills are developed for those who participated. "It was certainly a good way of honing jump timing and coordination," said Mate CptCarrot of the ERN, who participated in the war games. "It also helped me realize the importance of precise timing."

Servicemembers worked on a variety of skills at the war games, such as triggering, jumping, raiding, and defending. "Defending was the hardest part," said President Writinglegend. "I've never participated in a "proper defense" before, so it was something different; it was new, exciting, and it really helped me better understand certain skills."

Notolecta Discusses the Benefits of Wargames (40 Seconds, YouTube)

The Future of War Games
Undoubtedly, war games have a bright future in the Europeian Republican Navy. Those who participated in the war games with the EPSA clearly noted their development and further understanding of new naval techniques. War games are another way to use our military to beneficially cooperate with another region, and it's a strategy of cooperation we don't see that often. In a time when Europeia should be opening up to unique ideas and ways, it's safe to say that war games will continue to be used for foreign cooperation and the development of domestic sailors.

Written by Zapperzx and Writinglegend
Edited by Writinglegend, Noto, DH

Back