WAAtch Out for Fillet Minion!

WAAtch Out!!
An Interview with Fillet Minion

Written by JayDee

After seeing his prolific work in World Assembly Affairs, I became curious with the work of Fillet Minion and his interest in the Ministry. To learn more about him and the incredible work he has been doing, I decided to sit down with him for an interview on his favorite subject - the World Assembly.

JayDee - How did you get your start in Europeia and what brought you to World Assembly Affairs?

Fillet Minion - Well, i first joined in may of this year. As many people do, i looked to the employment opportunities in the forums and found a few enticing opportunities. The WA was especially interesting, due to the ability to somewhat influence the vote of Europeians in the WA. I also felt that the WA was a relaxed Ministry with balanced workload.

JayDee - You've been authoring several IFVs since joining the ministry. What have you enjoyed about that process?

Fillet Minion - It’s very streamlined and efficient, thanks to the preexisting code. With the implementation of the WAAtchtable, i can easily keep track of which ones already have been authored and which ones need doing. With the assistance of AI, IFV’s have become easier than ever to write and get it out to the public before the resolution goes to vote. I will however say that it can be tough to get motivation to start consistently writing IFV’s, as the often long resolutions can cause a bit of an overload and discourage the writer.

JayDee - How does AI help with the process? Do you sometimes feel discouraged doing several IFVs?

Fillet Minion - I mainly use AI to shorten the proposals to a readable length and outline the positives and negatives of the proposal. As for discouragement, I have gotten used to writing more than two IFV’s per session, as we are having some active staffer trouble right now.
But i don’t necessarily dread the task, because it has been taken to such a level of ease that i can write 3 IFV’s in ten minutes if need be.

JayDee - Besides AI, how have you managed such an efficient process?

Fillet Minion - Before i send the proposal to AI, i give it a quick read-over just to establish the basis of the proposal and give an early verdict for the vote recommendation. I also leave the overview and analysis for last and fill out all other fields. Its also just muscle memory at this point thanks to the experience one gains after writing a few themselves. But there is always room for more efficiency and i am actively seeking out more ways to aide me and the rest of the staffers.

JayDee - How about Security Council Resolutions? Those can be a bit more tricky, especially given Europeia's stance on certain topics. Is there anything different or challenging about the process?

Fillet Minion - Definitely. SC is tough due to the complex system of commendations and condemnations in this day and age of NS, so i make sure to ask the others for advice before i post the vote recommendation. I remember the proposal to condemn BoM some time ago, and this was truly the first SC proposal that got turned on it’s head because of my NS inexperience. Turns out that in this case, the condemnation acted more as a commendation for BoM and they were using it to push a liberation proposal down in the queue. Overall, SC isnt that tricky, just a few things to watch out for and whether the nation(s) in question have a hostile relationship to Europeia. But i’d say i have learned a lot about SC proposals during my time and i hope to one day handle these all on my own.

JayDee - Changing directions a bit as we start to close this interview, do you have a dream job in Europeia?

Fillet Minion - I would say either Delegate or WAA Minister. Delegate because i feel like i have the proper WA background and the desire to represent Europeia on the global stage. WAA Minister is actually more of a realistic dream, as im already the Deputy Minister, i feel like it’s a matter of time and patience. Before the Senate run, i would have also said Senator, but it looks like the Senate isnt really my area.

JayDee - Final question! What do you have to say for those who want to get started in WAA?

Fillet Minion - I would say enjoy your job! The WAA is a truly magnificent Ministry and anyone who joins would have the power to influence the entire region’s vote on global issues. If you want to start writing IFV’s, start with the short and straightforward ones, for example commendations or short GA proposals. There is no need to throw yourself into the big, long IFV’s that can also come along, but there is no shame in trying! Finally, if you have any questions at all regarding IFV writing in general or how to decide the vote, dont hesitate to ping me.

JayDee - That's all I have for you! Thank you so much for taking your time to do this interview 🙂

Join the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs to draft IFVs for Europeia and learn how to draft WA Resolutions!

FM is a star in the MoWAA right now, this is a great article!

We love to see it!!!

FM is a star in the MoWAA right now, this is a great article!
FM is a star in Euro generally right now!

Great interview!

Back