Vlaska elected Assembly Chair in landslide election

Vlaska elected Citizen's Assembly chair in landslide election
By The Patriotic Indian

( Europeia- October 18,2017 )- The race for the post of Citizen's Assembly chair came to an end with Vlaska emerging as the victor. Vlaska defeated his onlly opponent Verteger 29-8. The turnout this election reminded Europeians of the bleak turnout in the last Assembly Chair election in which only 36 citizens managed to exercise their franchise.

Moreover, Vlaska was the only candidate to post a platform, or even begin a platform thread. In his platform titled "Assembly to believe in", Vlaska introduced himself by saying,"Many of you know me by now. For those who don't, this is my fourth time running for this position. I almost got into the Senate at the last general election, I am a Senator (3rd consecutive term) and was Speaker of the House for 2 consecutive terms in Olympia, an active member of the Law Clerks program [in Europeia] and [at the moment have] sprung back to activity in the Citizens' Assembly."

Regarding Ordinances, he said that the past 2 Assembly chairs had worked passionately on this and he intended to continue that and hopefully finish it and bring the Ordinances into more clear form. He also plans to revive the Legislative Training Center by getting more mentors to sign up by giving the active ones a honorable mention in the Mockingbird.

"I am not very good with writing but I will appoint a Media Deputy to handle the Mockingbird issues and I will help him with getting material for it. I intend to push out 2 issues of the Mockingbird, one midterm-ish and one at the end of the term which will also be recorded on air. I also will try to bring to life the idea many chairs had before me “The Mockingbird Radio”. I will try to hold broadcasts to follow the two issues of the Mockingbird", said Vlaska regarding Mockingbird, the newsletter of the Citizen's Assembly.

Vlaska also intends to bestow the prestigious " Assembly member of the term" award to anyone who shows remarkable activity and skills in the CA.

Many people wished Vlaska good luck for his first term as Assembly Chair.

Congrats, Vlaska. I'm glad your determination finally paid off

I'm looking forward to seeing what Vlaska can do as CA Chair.

Also, I'd like to join JayDee in saying great job on this piece, Aditya!

Back