Variance Report

For my article on the variance to update times, I've contacted some notable figures on both sides of the R/D game, including Uni, Jakker, Eist, and COE. If the nation chooses to accept my invitation for an interview, they were asked the following series of questions:
Questions said:
1) What is your current military "alignment" (raider, crasher, defender, etc.)? Before the added variance, which "alignment" do you think was "winning" the R/D game?

2) Have you noticed any significant or drastic changes to the military gameplay of NS with the added variance, be that less raids succeeding or more defends succeeding thus far?

3) Do you think that the added variance to updates will (in the future) pose a significant change to the current state of R/D gameplay?

4) What is your opinion on the overall state of R/D gameplay in NS? Is it too one-sided? Is it too easy to raid, defend, or liberate?

5) Do you think the added variance is a step in the right direction for R/D gameplay? If so, why? If not, what different steps do you believe should be taken that affect the R/D gameplay?

6) Will the new variance help the raiders or the defenders? Please explain why you believe so.

7) Please feel free to provide any additional commentary on the variance and how it affects the R/D gameplay.
Once I get some responses, I'm going to use that information to compile a report on what the NS notables think about the new variance. I'll keep everyone updated here as I draft.

Welp, it's surprising slim at this point. I sent TGs to Eist, Uni, Wordy, Topid/Weed, Jakker, COE, Tramier, Mall, and Gest. Got one response so far. :angry:

Mmm disappointing since most of us did the Political Compass project. Onder et al sent a copy as well?

Back