Unedited VP Debate Transcript

Writinglegend Welcome all. Thank you for coming. As usual, there are some rules.
WritinglegendFirst, only candidates and the moderator are allowed to post in this.
12:15WritinglegendI don't see anyone with OP, so, if you are not debating or moderating, join #euro to talk about the debate as it happens live
12:16WritinglegendIf anyone has any questions that want to be asked during the debate, please send them to me via Skype, IRC PM, or Forum PM.
12:16WritinglegendWe will starts with foreign policy questions, and then more domestic questions first, if that's OK
12:17WritinglegendWhen you are done answering a question, please follow your answer with (done)
12:17WritinglegendOnce all have answered, we will move on to rebuttals. Does anyone want a specific placement, or can we just go with Mala-Cal-Rach?
12:18RachThat sounds right as rain
12:18CalvinCoolidgeIndeed.
12:18MalashaanWorks for me
12:18WritinglegendAny questions?
12:18CalvinCoolidgeDo you have questions?
12:18WritinglegendOf course
12:18CalvinCoolidgeThen I'm good.
12:18WritinglegendWe will begin with foreign and Navy questions
12:20WritinglegendFrom the Peanut Gallery: Would you support the allied invasion of Canada if it was your decision back in August? Do you feel we shouldn't raid regions we have embassies with?
12:20WritinglegendMalashaan first.
12:20Writinglegend*should/shouldn't
12:21MalashaanI wasn't very involved in the Navy at that point, and so I say this with the proviso that I am relying on the facts as reported second and third hand
12:21*** Kraketopia joined #euro_debate
12:23MalashaanBut based on what I know of the facts, I would have advised against our involvement at the time. That said, it is certainly within our rights to have taken part. As others have noted, we have non-aggression clauses in our treaties, accords and other agreements. The fact that we had no such agreement iwth Canada implicitly means we have not agreed not to raid them.
12:23Writinglegend(if you are done with your answer, put (done))
12:24MalashaanI think that we should a degree of resistance to raiding regions with which we have embassies - it is generally not something that refelcts well on us - but if the FA reasons for doing so are adequate, we should not consider embassies a total shield. If we did so, it would make the inclusion of non-aggresssion clauses in our treaties essetially meaningless.
12:24MalashaanDone
12:24WritinglegendCalvin
12:26WritinglegendYour turn
12:27CalvinCoolidgeLike Mal, I also was not involved in the ERN at the time, so I am also relying on recycled information. That being said, I believe the Canada incident was regrettable, in that we participated in a hold on a region we had an embassy with, which I believe should be discouraged. However, we did not do anything wrong, technically speaking. (Done)
12:28WritinglegendRach
12:31RachAs no one has answered whether or not they would have supported the mission or not, I will state that I would have supported the Canada mission with the one caveat that I would have first closed their embassy rather than have raided them with an embassy. Thus we can still do what is in our best interests without stepping on any toes and avoid any unfortunate
12:32Rachincidents. It is important that when we participate in missions that we are taking every precaution and taking in all the data as well as ensuring that there is co-operation and information being passed through to the President especially in the cases of potentially contentious missions.
12:32Rach(done)
12:33WritinglegendRebuttal (if any), starting with Malashaan
12:34MalashaanI just don't think the idea that we could close their embassy with them and then raid would have worked. The whole incident arose because we got asked to help out of the mission at the last minute and had to make a quick decision
12:35MalashaanClosing our embassy with them and then occupying them a few hours later would look at least as bad, and probably worse, than any negative perception genrated by the actual event
12:35Malashaan(done)
12:36Rach(can I reply or is it Calvins turn or what?)
12:36Writinglegend(yes)
12:37Writinglegend(you can reply)
12:37CalvinCoolidge(So, not my turn? I'm making a thing. D
12:40RachI disagree with the notion that we shouldn't close embassies with regions that are relatively inactive and which have missions being planned against them. Malashaan is forgetting that Canada was not simply a "tag" raid but that it was in planning for a long time. This is why it is vital to build our bilateral ties so that we may make informed decisions and
12:43Rachdecide long prior to the mission whether or not to participate. It is only when we are out of the know and when we are not able to fully digest information that we increase our likelihood of making a mistake. I do not think it is worse to close embassies prior to raiding them because it at least shows we are
12:43Rachcognizant of the fact that we have embassies with them and aren't left with an awkward situation for weeks after. (done)
12:49CalvinCoolidgeI don't know for sure if the Canada mission had been planned by the ERN for a long time or not (as I said, I was active in it then). What I do know is that if we want to conduct a raid so far ahead of time, as you stated, there are many other targets to pick that we have no formal ties to. If it was a snap decision, then I could see that we might have to agree with our raiding partner, or something, but either way, what you s
12:49CalvinCoolidge*You = Rach
12:50MalashaanI would add that the goal of being involved in planning from the begining is a good one, but it is a fact that sometimes missions like this come along - yes it had been planned by others for a long time but they only came to the ERN at the 11th hour. I...
12:51Malashaandon't know why that was - the ERN wasn't what it is now back then, or maybe they realized last minute they were short a few hands. Whatever the reason, the fact was that the ERN was faced with a snap decision - and at that point, ccancelling the embassy wouldn't have helped. It would have looked underhanded to post we were cancelling embassies and then occupy them immeidately afterwards
12:51CalvinCoolidge(I heard that my answer got cut off, so... *what you suggest still seems in bad taste)
12:52MalashaanI agree that cancelling embassies with innactive regions is something we should be doing as appropriate, but with regard to this question, that isn't what happened - by the time the military question came along - it was too late for cancellation to ehlp
12:52Malashaan(done)
12:53WritinglegendAre we done and can move on?
12:54RachI think what both Calvin and Malashaan aren't realizing is that we didn't participate in the actual raid of Canada as we clearly were not part of the process. Rather, we were asked to help provide re-enforcements. Our foreign affairs philosophy has always been based upon the notion that regions which can't secure themselves as in the case of Canada aren't
12:55MalashaanI don't believe that is the case - I believe we provided troops for the force that captured the region - but as I said, I wasn't involved in the ERN at the time
12:55Rachthat sovereign. Thus, it is not a big deal to end an embassy with a region that can't even prevent itself from being raided. If only simply reads the statement by the Grand Admiral at the time, it is clear that we were asked following the raid to support it. So I am unsure about why Malashaan and Calvin have stated they are not fully informed of the details.
12:56RachMalashaan, if you wish... you may read about the actual raid here: http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/topic/8912059/1/
12:57RachAs well, I would like to request that you do not respond to my points until after I have finished speaking (done).
12:57CalvinCoolidgeIf you are saying that we should raid (or assist in the hold, as it was in this case) any region without a founder, or that can't secure itself, regardless of who they are, even if they are a region with an active embassy (unlike Canada), then that seems very misguided. (Done)
12:59RachThat is not what I am saying, as I would prefer to avoid raiding regions with embassies altogether. However, in the case of Canada it was clear that we should have applied more diplomacy to the issue. (done)
12:59MalashaanThat is something we can all agree on (done)
13:01WritinglegendWe will be moving on now
13:01MalashaanI will add that there was a lot more discussion about the exact series of events than is present in CSP's announcement - at least some of it would undoubtedly count as classified under the current law, so I'm not sure how much can be gained from discussing the fine details
13:01Malashaan(done)
13:02WritinglegendSorta a foreign question along the lines of the International Paper. From NES: Do you believe Europeia should build a media source independent of the TRR Times - and do you agree that TRR Times is a problem for Europeia?
13:02*** NES_ quit (Ping timeout: 198 seconds)
13:02MalashaanMe first?
13:02WritinglegendYes. Mala-Calvin-Rach
13:03*** NES_ joined #euro_debate
13:04MalashaanTRR Times certainly presents a messaging problem for Europeia. They are openly hostile towards us on a fairly regular basis and there's not an equivalent newspaper providing a counter narrative on the world stage right now
13:05MalashaanThat said, I do think we are doing an increasingly effective job of ocuntering the narrative in other ways - whether it be interating with other regions through the Winter Ball, helping out with delegacy transfers, reaching out to medium size regions diplomatically, our use of dispatchess, etc. etc. etc.
13:07MalashaanHaving an International Paper would certianly be a very valuable tool, but it is more important to do it right than just do it - and that takes a very specific skill set and a lot of time. As President, I recently made the decision to focus more on quick news updates rather than putting togetehr a traditional newspaper. I think this is the correct approach at present. It gets our narrative out there, and if it continues to go wel
13:07MalashaanPaper will be a more feasible project for a future President to launch
13:07Malashaan(done)
13:08CalvinCoolidgeI believe Europeia should pursue an international media source. Whether or not it would be along the same lines as the Times, in terms of outright bias, I think not. I believe we have the ability to create and release media in several forms, as we already do through dispatches, and the EON, and I would really like us to take advantage of what we can already do before undertaking a massive project that we have shown we can't d
13:11CalvinCoolidgeplatform to tarnish our image on a frequent basis, and blatantly misrepresents us at times. Not to mention the fact that they set the tone in media in a way that is decidedly against us and our allies. I hope that by cultivating our current FA media tools, down the line a future President can create a more formal international paper. (Done)
13:11CalvinCoolidge(My answer was cut off. *a massive project that we have shown we can't do right now. I agree that the Times is a problem for Europeia in that it uses its)
13:12WritinglegendRach
13:14RachI think we have to first acknowledge the fact that Malashaan has dropped the ball when it comes to providing a counter narrative and fulfilling his promise of developing a foreign newspaper. During his term we have seen ONE foreign update that is quite short and unpolished based on Europeian standards. It was not even posted on the NS forums, with the last
13:15Rachactivity there being the foreign update I helped write! http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=109571&hilit=europeian+embassy&start=250. If one would like to see the "quick news updates" that Malashaan and Mousebumples team has produced, one can see the single foreign update here: http://balderns.net/topic/10803694/1/
13:18RachClearly, not only has the promise to create the newspaper been embarked on but even this narrative that Europeia has been engaging with short news to combat the TRR times, is patently false. Under a Seven Death and Rachel administration we do not take failure lightly. Rather we are inspired to do the things that others have failed to do. It is not an
13:18NES_The Foreign Update is here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=22691514#p22691514
13:19MalashaanIndeed - we have published three official releases this term
13:20NES_2 of them were just invitations to the Winter Ball.
13:20NES_This isn't a "focus more on quick news updates" - it's total incompetence and ineptitude.
13:20RachImpossible task to create a newspaper worthy of the Europeian name. While the Rejected Realms might have talent, they are nowhere near Europeia and we can produce a paper even greater than TRR can. We will work with our allies to create a foreign affairs paper and to actually create our own narrative to compete with the TRT.
13:20NES_You have a whole Department dedicated to this, and this is the best you can do.
13:20NES_Pathetic. Anyway I'll pipe down now.
13:21RachAnd as NES said, it is rather pathetic that that is the full amount of news updates we can produce... two invitations and one actual update. Anyone who thinks a Seven Deaths and Rachel administration would accomplish so little would be proven wrong again and again. We are a results based ticket. (done)
13:23MalashaanFirstly, as NES pointed out - updates were published gameside promptly, so that part of your warrantless attack was just plain wrong. Second, you are showing your lack of knowledge of what has been going on with
13:24Malashaanthis. There hasn't been as much activity with regards to traditional updates. Part of that was a direct result of the International Paper project, and part of it was a consious move towards other approaches.
13:24NES_No I didn't, I didn't point that out at all. I'm saying your Administration has made an utter balls up of Foreign Updates.
13:25NES_And the International Paper has flopped as well.
13:25MalashaanI certainly don't think we had the ideal balance this term, but one of the main reasons I made the decision to refocus the International Paper was precisely becuase it was eating up respurces that could be mreo effectively used elsewhere
13:25NES_That has been one of the key initatives this term, and its seen some of the most ineffective Leadership I've seen in my time in Europeia.
13:25RachClearly, a warranted "attack". What international paper Malashaan?
13:25CalvinCoolidgeI think that Rach also forgot to answer the part of the question where she states whether or not she would pursue an International Paper, and whether The Times is a threat to us. So, most of the question. She just attacked Malashaan.
13:26RachI have blank sheets of paper that are as complete as the international paper
13:26NES_It warrants an attack, it really does.
13:26NES_There is a whole Ministry dedicated to publishing foreign PR material.
13:26RachClearly, I believe The Times is a threat to us as I am the most active one here when it comes to debating the points made in it......
13:26NES_(as well as domestic publications, which were very nice thank you very much)
13:27MalashaanWe put together a team of experienced Europeians tasked specifically with creating an International Paper, and we went through cycle of cyle of content being produced and then rejected for various reasons
13:27Malashaancycle after cycle
13:27NES_You should have put your foot down.
13:27NES_And published something.
13:27RachThen perhaps we should change the leadership to people who can get things done?
13:27NES_Thats the problem.
13:27MalashaanI did, countless times - and what I got ultimately was then rushed content that wasn't good enough to put out
13:27NES_No one is prepared to take decisions at the top
13:28MalashaanThat is just BS - I did exactly that - I could have put a paper out, but it would have been crap, so I made the decision to axe it
13:28RachIf it would have been crap, that reflects on the leadership as well.
13:28WritinglegendAlright, NES. I'd like to thank you for your input. Any further comments should be put into #euro
13:28MalashaanI pushed for the paper longer than most people were advising me it was worth while because I thought (and still do believe) that if we made it work - it would be hugely valuable
13:28RachIncompetence makes me so mad!
13:29WritinglegendAlright
13:29WritinglegendLet's get back to the question.
13:29WritinglegendDo you believe Europeia should build a media source independent of the TRR Times - and do you agree that TRR Times is a problem for Europeia?
13:29WritinglegendFor reference, that was the question.
13:30WritinglegendDid all candidates answer?
13:30MalashaanWhere the discussion ended up is the only way to answer that question
13:30WritinglegendAlright. Can we move on then?
13:30Rachi just want want to say that yes it should and that of course it is.
13:30RachYes.
13:30WritinglegendLittle poll
13:30CalvinCoolidgeRach/NES, there are clearly more issues here than a leadership issue. As I have said previously, the staff was unwilling to cooperate, and the many articles we presented were shot down. I think it was a group failure, and anyone that just blames me or Malashaan needs to accept that. Also, WL, I think we are discussing the question.
13:32RachIt's a classic sports question... do you fire the coaching staff (Mal and Mouse) or trade the players?
13:32CalvinCoolidgeBoth may be in order.
13:32MalashaanThat's a bad analogy. The real analogy is how do you put a team together when you don't have players at all
13:32WritinglegendAlright, alright
13:33WritinglegendOne last statement from each candidate and then we are moving on.
13:33RachSo Malashaan is saying Europeia has no talent in this department
13:33WritinglegendStarting with Malashaan
13:33WritinglegendAnd then CalvinCoolidge
13:33WritinglegendAnd ending with Rach
13:33WritinglegendLast comments (if any)
13:33Writinglegend(So we can move on)
13:34WritinglegendIf there are no last comments, just say so so we can move on
13:35RachOh, I have last comments... just waiting for the others
13:35CalvinCoolidgeAs do I.
13:35MalashaanRach wants to paint this in a utopian light where we can magically have an International Paper if we just push harder. The facts of the mattter are though that such a project requires people who are both good writers, have a lot of time, and are very knowledgable about NS politics. We have lots of people who meet two and
13:35*** Eluvatar joined #euro_debate
13:36Malashaaneven three of those criteria - but the last two months of extensive cylves and pushing show that we do not have people with all three of those requirements at present. There is nothing that can be done to fix that other than what we are doing - building our media service to increase our resources in this area
13:36Malashaan(done)
13:36WritinglegendCalvin....
13:38CalvinCoolidgeI agree that the International Paper project is being greatly misrepresented by Rach/NES. Like Mal said, many of the staff had those criteria and were unwilling to cooperate, or just didn't have the criteria. All three are required, he's right, and we need to acknowledge that, yes, an International Paper can be made, but we need to focus on what can be done right now, with the use of the EON, dispatches, etc. (Done)
13:40RachI think it is clear that blaming Europeians and saying that it is their fault for not being good enough to do such a project is not only patently false but extremely damaging. Is this our answer for whenever things don't go correctly? Even if this narrative is true... why can't we look outside for help which is something the TRT has done again and again.
13:40*** KringPhone is now known as KringAway
13:41RachWe can be doing this in other ways, which is why I have stated I will work with allies to get this done. Failure is not an option and I know that we can make anything work quite easily. There is talent out there for writing the paper and bringing them on board will aid Europeia as a whole. If you want your foreign paper and you want it to be as great as it
13:42Rachcan be. The clear answer is to vote Seven Deaths and Rachel and we will never blame Europeia for failures. The buck stops with us and we are creative enough to always find solutions. (done)
13:42WritinglegendAlright. Moving on
13:43WritinglegendLittle poll for the candidates. Do we want one more foreign question or move on to domestic matters?
13:43RachI think we have barely started to scratch the surface when it comes to foreign affairs. Thus, I vote for at least one more.
13:43CalvinCoolidgeI agree.
13:45WritinglegendI'll regurgitate this one from yesterday that was discussed. With Sopo recently publishing an article on our foreign affairs, what will you do to ensure more foreign information is public, and discussed as a community? What do you make of his proposals (Optional)?
13:45WritinglegendMala-Cal-Rach
13:45WritinglegendSame order
13:47MalashaanThis is something I discussed with a lot of people, including Sopo, before his article and it is always going to be a balancing act. A lot of FA work necessarily occurs behind closed doors
13:47MalashaanThat said, it is healthy for the populace as a whole to express opinions and get involved. I certainly think that greater discussion, at least at a general level is a good thing.
13:48MalashaanI also think that it is important to broaden our concept of foreign affairs. A good way to get people involved is events like the winter ball, where regular citizens interact and build relationships with people from other regions. That undoubtedly helps with our FA and I hope the next president will continue to explore such options
13:49MalashaanI also think the ambassador training program that is under development is essential - we need our ambassadors to be educated on NS politics, but also to engage on a more regular basis with the region's they are assigned to.
13:50MalashaanOverall, I think Sopo's proposals are positive suggestions worhty of serious consideration - but they should not be the only steps - the more we can open the Europeia citizenry to the world, the more they will be willing and able to debate matters of substance
13:50Malashaan(done)
13:51WritinglegendCalvin...
13:52CalvinCoolidgeI think there has been a severe lack in FA information being told to the public, at more than just a basic level. Updates have always been a big thing of mine, and I see no reason why those should stop in the Goldenblock. Obviously, sensitive information will be handled carefully, and I support the EAAC's mission and all that. Sopo makes good points and I agree with pretty much all of them. A big way we can get people more in
13:53CalvinCoolidgeactually see these events, and understand how we, as a region, feel about them. (Done)
13:54CalvinCoolidge(I was cut off again *A big way we can get people more involved is to just talk about FA events, to open the door for our citizens to)
13:54WritinglegendRach....
13:54CalvinCoolidge(*lack of FA information)
13:55RachWell, I think that clearly there can be more done to ensure more foreign information is public and discussed as a community. It is my opinion that the President, the EAAC and the Minister of Foreign Affairs can be publishing regular updates as part of their mandate.
13:56RachIn addition, with our training program we would seek to also increase the general amount of knowledge about foreign regions available to regular members of the community. People might not know this, but I was the one who initially put the update requirements on the EAAC. So clearly it is a big issue for me.
13:56RachWhy trust the current team when you can go with the tried and true for FA communication?
13:56Rach(done)
13:57WritinglegendTry and make rebuttals (if any) quick. I know Mala has to go soon
13:58MalashaanI have nothing - getting more information out to the public without comprosming security is going to be one of the major issues facing the next President, whoever they are
13:59CalvinCoolidgeI agree, I think I made my point, and I can move on.
13:59RachI can move on too
13:59RachBut I won't!
13:59RachI'm kidding, we can really move on
14:00WritinglegendMoving on to Domestic Questions.
14:00WritinglegendI liked this question from Vinage, so I'm putting it here: In regards then to the CSO and the responsibility of the Assistant Ministers, is there anything new you would personally propose or even do, to ensure that we see you as being active?
14:01WritinglegendFull Question: It can sometimes be a challenge for a Vice President to look 'busy' and active due to the variation in the role and a lot of the background tasks that you'll have to conduct. In regards then to the CSO and the responsibility of the Assistant Ministers, is there anything new you would personally propose or even do, to ensure that we see you as b
14:01Writinglegend*eing active
14:01WritinglegendWe are switching it up
14:02WritinglegendWho wants to go first, second, and third?
14:02CalvinCoolidgeJust flip it, I guess.
14:02WritinglegendRach-Mala-Calvin?
14:03RachOkies
14:04RachWell, I think there is a lot of work that can be done in terms of the assistant ministers and helping with the integration process. It would be my goal as Vice-President to work on doing the work that might otherwise be overlooked. One of the great things I have as a VP is that I have pretty much held every single position in cabinet. This allows me to aid
14:05Rachevery single ministry and to also communicate with other parties such as the delegacy or the city council to help us fully develop programs to their maximum potential.
14:05Rach(done)
14:05WritinglegendMala.....
14:08MalashaanWith the CSO having been moved to a sign-up system, and a lot of information about available rolls going out in various TGs and PMs, the VP is freed up to focus more on personalization.
14:08*** Rach is now known as Rach|Lunch
14:09MalashaanAs VP, I would like to start a pro-active program of seeking out newcomers to fulfil specific needs. For example, if Communication feels it is short of writers versed in a particular concept, a mixture of "classified ads" and direct approaches to people I believe might be intersted could be used.
14:10MalashaanI think this would get more people into work and would also address the common comlaint I used to hear from AMs - they were assigned and then had nothing to do. We need to very consciously start giving all AMs specific tasks - even if the Minister feels they can "just do it themselves" - it might help efficiency in the short term, but in the long term it stifles development
14:10Malashaan(done)
14:10*** Kraketopia quit (Quit: Web client closed)
14:10CalvinCoolidgeI think, again, there is a lot of value in weekly updates to make sure the public knows what we are doing, including the AMs. In our platform, Noto and I would be moving to a system where you sign up once, and you are in all the Ministries
14:12CalvinCoolidgeThat would break down a lot of the barriers, and encourage AMs and newcomers to really get involved in what they like based on the work they see inside, not just what they can see on the outside. Another benefit of the updates would be
14:13CalvinCoolidgeto show people on the outside what each Ministry actually does, to encourage more people to join, get involved, etc. Hopefully, all of that would help the CSO and the VP seems active and involved, because I would be. (Done)
14:13WritinglegendAny rebuttals?
14:14CalvinCoolidgeI'm fine moving on.
14:14MalashaanNot from me
14:15WritinglegendRegurgitating this from Hy yesterday, but a good question nonetheless: Excluding pap answers such as "I'll do what needs to be done and not do what does not need to be done", what is the candidate's overall philosophy?
14:17Hywha
14:17Hyoh sorry!
14:17MalashaanShall I go ahead and answer seen as Rach is apparently at lunch?
14:17WritinglegendYes.
14:17NES_Yeah screw Rach.
14:19MalashaanMy overall philosophy is pragmatism. I think all too often people get caught up in idealism. Player time is probably the most limiting factor in NS governance, and being in an Executive roll means
14:19Malashaanmaking hard decisions about what is the best way to use the time people are willing to commit
14:20MalashaanUltimately, this decision should come down to what gives the region the best value for the time spent, which is a hard factor to calculate as there are a lot of benefits and disadvantage to any decision
14:21MalashaanDespite the comments of some here, I think the overall results of the last term show that Mouse and I made good judgments in this area, and will continue to do so if elected. Funny that you and Rach have liked to criticize my leadership but recruitment is up, retention is up, activity is up, political engagement is up, and we've strenghtened relations with a number of other regions, including The South Pacific and the Allied Repub
14:21Malashaan(done)
14:23WritinglegendCalvinCoolidge
14:23CalvinCoolidgeMy philosophy is to what is best for the region, of course, and I feel the best way to do that is to keep people informed, on pretty much all that we do (sensitive stuff is a separate issue, although that would be included in some way). A lot of government work is done through collaboration with many people, and that is something that all of us need to work on. If elected, I will carry out both of these goals: communication a
14:23CalvinCoolidge*to do
14:24Writinglegend(You were cut off at "communication a")
14:25CalvinCoolidge(*communication and collaboration, to get the job done. (Done))
14:25WritinglegendAny rebuttals?
14:25WritinglegendI wouldn't think they're needed here.....
14:25*** Rach|Lunch is now known as Rach
14:26WritinglegendRach is back, so I'll let her answer the question.
14:28RachMy philosophy is pretty much in line with that of Kaizen which is a philosophy of continuos improvement and self-examination. My creativity and experience allows me to constantly make each position better and improve our record on a number of fields. For me, there is no perfection only striving towards that. I believe that cabinet is a team and that is must
14:30Rachfunction well as a unit. Lastly, I place a great deal of importance on leadership and believe that we should always hold ourselves most accountable for actions. It is as the Greeks say which is that the wise ruler is he who comes up with the best plan for success. It is the leader who knows what will succeed and what won't succeed.
14:31RachThus, I always look at the leadership to lead and I think it is disingenuous when the citizenry are blamed since it is the leaderships responsibility to put in play the policies that will lead to success.
14:31Rach(done)
14:31WritinglegendAlright. Any rebuttals?
14:32WritinglegendIf not, we can move on to our last question
14:32CalvinCoolidgeI'm good to move on.
14:33WritinglegendEveryone else good to move on?
14:33Rachyes
14:33RachI need to leave soon
14:34MalashaanYeah, I need to run in 2 mionutes anyway
14:34WritinglegendAs our final question, why should voters vote for your ticket come voting day? Why should they not vote for any of the other tickets?
14:35WritinglegendRach-Mala-Cal
RachVoters should vote for our ticket if they wish to see the greatest improvement and improved accountability as well as visibility. Everything we promised we can do, and we won't blame the populace if policies do not succeed. Rather we believe that we can always get things to work and if they do not work then they were poor policies to begin with as policies
Rachshould always be geared towards the populace.
RachAs well, some people mention my "assets" which might be a bonus I guess....
Rach(done)
CalvinCoolidgeVoters should vote for our ticket because we are changing the status quo, despite the somehow "conservative" nature of our platform, which proposes a lot of change in the CSO, and other areas. Further,
CalvinCoolidgewe promise to be more open with this region about what we are up to, and we promise to try our hardest to improve the areas that need improving. The previous term did a lot right, and we can build on that, to make it a lot better, hopefully. (Done)
WritinglegendMalashaan
*** Rach is now known as Rach|LeafsVsKings
MalashaanThe region has seen a lot of success this term, and some areas still need further development. I believe that Mouse will continue to improve the region and I am well placed to asist her, having been involved in every ministry this term.
Malashaan(done - and got to run - bye all)
CalvinCoolidgeAll right, good talk, people.
CalvinCoolidgeVery exciting stuff.
WritinglegendThank you guys for coming. Expect this to be in the EBC shortly.

Ninja Kittens said:
The Iron Rebel said:
Why does the time stamp end toward the end, it's been tampered with :X
This is obviously blatant corruption, the election should be put on hold pending a full investigation and the subsequent punishment of the guilty party.
There must be a hanging too! :D

Back