Two-Man Senate Panel

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
On Monday, The Panda's Pen conducted a panel, consisting of The Panda's Pen Editor-in-Chief, Calvin Coolidge, and the Citizens' Assembly Chair, Marnip. This panel is affectionately known as the "Two-Man Panel". Unaffectionately, it is called "The Worst Panel in the History of All Panels. How Could You Possibly Think This Panel is Any Good?" Naturally, I prefer the first name. I also prefer Taylor Swift to practically anything, in case you were wondering.

These two sat down to discuss each of the Senate candidates, as well as their chances. At least, I assume we sat down. I was sitting down, but for all I know, Marnip was parading around in his underwear, typing these words with his tongue. He probably wasn't, but now that image is in your head. The transcript of this panel has been posted below. Keep in mind when this panel was conducted, and that this was before the number of seats had been decided, or Anumia had posted his platform.

Calvin Coolidge: writinglegend

Calvin Coolidge: I think he's got a good shot. The EBC poll showed strong support for him, and his performance as Minister of Culture has been nothing but positive.

Marnip: I believe writinglegend is looking like a strong candidate this election. After being appointed to the President's cabinet he has wasted no time in orchestrating several events for the community. He also looked great in the prelim polls.

Calvin Coolidge: The only thing I can see holding him back is his membership in the DAF, but I think he has distanced himself from them enough to not turn away many voters.

Marnip: Political Parties have been a very controversial topic in the past month however I don't believe it will affect the vote too much. It may sway a few however and for the close seats he may need to watch this.

Calvin Coolidge: Agreed.

Calvin Coolidge: Cordova I

Calvin Coolidge: I'm not so sure about his chances. Since most of his contributions to the region seem to be several years ago, I'm not sure voters are ready to make him a Senator, when he is so recently returned to the region.

Marnip: This is one I'm honestly unsure about. He wasn't listed in the prelim poll and has been inactive for a bit. As you have stated, even though he is an older member most remember recent activity and this is where I see his downfall. However, his platform has caused quite a stir and has become a hot topic.

Calvin Coolidge: Yes, but I don't think his platform has helped him that much. It really just highlights his unfamiliarity with the region's newer, relevant topics.

Marnip: It will be interesting to see how he does. He may be an underdog to watch out for.

Calvin Coolidge: PaulWallLibertarian42

Calvin Coolidge: I honestly can't see Paul getting elected. He is dead last in the EBC poll, with only one vote, and he didn't even post an actual platform. His contributions to the region have mostly been a few months ago, and most of them are connected to the unpopular DAF.

Marnip: Paul is one of those individuals who I believe just needs more experience before running for the Senate. I believe once he builds his reputation in Europeia he may have a chance but for right now I don't believe we will see him in a Senate seat.

Calvin Coolidge: Anumia

Calvin Coolidge: I'd be very surprised if Anumia doesn't get elected. He performed well in the EBC poll, despite a poor poll showing just weeks earlier in the Grand Hall Forward/North Poll results. His Senate record is very strong, as is Minister of Foreign Affairs record.

Marnip: Anumia looks strong going into this election however I don't believe he will be the top candidate. I believe he will get elected due to his past performances in the government and his activity within the region. I was expecting polling to be higher for him.

Calvin Coolidge: True. He may also be hurt by not posting a platform, expecting to get by on his record alone. I also agree he will probably not be the top candidate.

Marnip: He may need to watch in future elections.

Calvin Coolidge: Drecq

Calvin Coolidge: I think he's got a very good chance of getting elected. He got the best results in the EBC poll for an incumbent Senator, and I think he dealt with the criticism of his previous Senate term very well. He needs to watch out for his temper, though. He frequently gets into arguments, any of which could make him unpopular overnight.

Marnip: I think he may be a shoo in for this election. He is one of the top performers in the prelim poll and has defined himself as an integral part of Europeia. I am worried however of his sometimes harsher than average criticism of members that garnered him much attention weeks ago.

Calvin Coolidge: Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge: I think he has probably the most momentum going into this election of any candidate. His performance in MinComm has been constant, and he had the best showing in the EBC poll.

Marnip: Calvin has shown great resolve and effort going into the election. He is atop of the prelim poll and has made many contributions to Europeia. I see him as the top candidate going into this election.

Calvin Coolidge: Notolecta

Calvin Coolidge: I can definitely see Noto getting elected, but I'm not going to say it is a guarantee, by any means. Another candidate who has just recently returned to the region, but has a long list of achievements. What makes him different than Cordova, however, is his presence in the CA, which has been a huge plus.

Marnip: Noto has garnered support over the past week with his experience and fortitude. He has knowledgeable thoughts and has become active as of late. He may be one of the individuals not listed on the poll to upset a borderline candidate.

Calvin Coolidge: PhDre

Calvin Coolidge: He has been widely praised for his term in the Senate, and had a strong showing in the EBC poll. I not only predict PhDre will get elected, but he'll probably be the next Speaker. He's avoided controversy and been very active, which should help him greatly. He'll probably finish in the middle of the pack, however.

Marnip: PhDre is probably one of the most moderate candidates at this election. He is consistent and stands by his ideas and thoughts even if no one else does. I see him to be an easy shoo in when election day comes. He will probably be in the middle of the pack.

Calvin Coolidge: Overall, I think this race has a good mix of newcomers and experienced candidates, with a lot of strong candidates. My only issue is that there has been too little discussion of this race, in my view, for the amount of people running.

Marnip: In conclusion, I believe the election will be pretty cut and dry. We may need to watch out for one or two close finishes but other than that I say it will be close, if not exact, to the prelim poll. It has been interesting to see the transition of different members running now that many schools have started classes once again.

Back