Trouble in Osiris and More!

From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.

Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

Trouble in Osiris

Nearly, but not quite.

Once known for being the more stable of the new sinkers, Osiris recently faced a threat to that stability with a coup attempt from (Bachman-Turner Overdrive). With Dalimber inactive, the endo-swapping nation hoped to catch the region unawares. Fortunately for Osiris, the threat was noticed and Vice-Pharaoh Oliver was established as delegate in order to deal with the threat.

After securing the region, Oliver revealed through a log obtained that Kurosaki and citizen Tim had discussed destabilizing the region. Originally, the source of the logs was unknown until an admission by Avakael on the Osiris IRC. Currently, Kurosaki has been banned from entering the region while Tim will be charged for treason once appointments are made.

In a show of sinker solidarity in the spirit of the newly signed pact, Balder and Lazarus pledged their support to aid Osiris. Oliver pledges to hold the region until the circumstances change or elections are to be held.

UDL Struck by Unprecedented Losses

Harm, Spartz and Mall leaving the UDL in good shape.

The United Defenders League saw three of its key figures leave in a short time. Harmoneia retired, while Spartzium and Mallorea & Riva defected to The Black Hawks. Shocking for many, it was described as “Unprecedented” by long-term player, North East Somerset. The EBC secured an exclusive interview with Spartzium and this is what he had to say regarding his defection.

EBC: Why did you leave the UDL?
Spartz: I'm not unhappy with the UDL or anything... I just tried raiding out, and had enough fun with it that I decided to switch.
EBC: Do you feel it's a long term move?
Spartz: Well... yes, I don't expect to be switching back.
EBC: There are some who feel that the defection are damaging to the defender/raider game, and that it is damaging to the politics of it. What would you say to that, looking at the history of defending and raiding from your perspective?
Spartz: Well... it happens from time to time. I don't feel that it damages the game or politics, only the individual orgs. When it does happen, I think as long as people in these orgs forget about it and move on, they can recover from their loss. If they don't, then yeah, it can and likely will damage the org.
EBC: Thank you :)
Spartz: you're welcome :)

Over 200 WA Votes up for Grabs

Irish Soccer players upon hearing that the ever Irish Fortana had resigned.

In Europeia the Delegacy often takes a backseat to the hotly contested Presidency, Senate and City Council. This election however features a battle between two of the regions rising stars, PASD and Vinage. Both have served in Cabinet, PASD as former President Rachel Anumia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Vinage as President Common-Sense Politics Minister of Culture. As well, they have both served in the Senate. Despite similar Europeian credentials, PASD is a much older and experienced player in Nationstates.

Former President and media guru PhDre has this to say:

EBC: Who do you think has the edge in the Delegate Elections?
PhDre: I dont think that either candidate is a particularly strong choice, however I feel PASD has the edge when it comes to experience and overall Nationstates knowledge, which is a very important trait to have in a WAD. At the same time, Vinage is much more involved in Europeian politics, as he's currently a Senator and was, earlier this term, MoC. I think it'll come down to how comfortable the Europeian people are with handing the reigns of the WAD over to a young and quite unexperienced Vinage.
EBC: Thank you.

How the West was Won

The Black Hawks won the West and held it against relentless attempts from the United Defenders League to win it back. Faced with what appeared to be insurmountable odds initially, The Black Hawks were able to hold off the UDL long enough for more reinforcements to arrive (including Europeian troops). The Black Hawks, having beaten off the defenders last ditch efforts decided not to hold the region longer, and soon departed.

A strong article. Lots of good stuff!

The next issue should be out soon including:

Focus on The Black Hawks
Recent Military Events
TNP Election

And more with commentary from NSers all over the world.

The UDL is a new org that Unibot founded after he resigned as Arch Chancellor of the FRA, following people questioning his ability to run the organization. It is not a regional alliance for defending, like the FRA is but is a military one for defending composed of the people it recruits. FRA's military basically just does what the UDL wants currently.

It has been criticized as a dictatorship and a cult in some quarters of the FRA and many raider organizations. As well, it's far more "moralistic" and "idealistic" than the FRA was and is reliant on fewer people.

You mean FRUDL? :p

lol, well they do a lot together now, so for all practical purposes the have a shared military - albeit controlled by the UDL. The difference officially though is UDL is a group of individuals united in defenderism etc, whereas the FRA is a group of regions. Thats the main difference in its most obvious form. But there are others. For instance the FRA leadership is elected by Representatives from its member regions who allegedly look out for their members interests - in practicality though its a self-interested Oligarchy which is superimposed on regional structure and thus controls their external stances. Whereas the UDL leadership is chosen by The Great Leader and his Chosen Disciples. God Bless his Cotton Socks.

Back