The Shadow Cabinet

Oliver - the shortcomings of the media which you pointed out in this piece is, as you stated yourself, that by nature it cannot be a 'a formally recognized body' which holds the government accountable. Indeed, it was a lack of accountability from the Senate, from the Media, from the general populous, that prompted the extension of Aftermath into the political arena and ultimately into an 'alternative news source' which has been inappropriately cited as "douchey." You're correct in saying that Aftermath represented "private concerns;" it was after all run by one individual. At the same time, Aftermath was a platform for private citizens to voice their own "private concerns" - either anonymously or in response to opinion pieces.

Additionally, I don't believe that critique of government should be exclusively in the hands of the media, or the Senate, or the citizenry as a whole (namely - there is no 'better channel' to dissent).

I don't really call what you do, and my responses to it, flaming or flame-baiting, for the vast majority of it.
No, but once it devolved into personal attacks, the line may have been crossed into flame-baiting. Of course, much of that was in private chats (MSN) which have a tendency to be passed along, and at that point it's not flame-baiting at any rate.

Interesting read, and I like what I'm seeing in the Senate so far.

Oh look, my two favorite divas are fighting again. :rolleyes:

Back