The Rise and Fall and Rise of Political Parties in Europeia

Lethen said:
I think political parties are more bad than good, and will ultimately do nothing of use for our region that cannot - and would not - be accomplished by focused individuals with an informal support network of friends and community, i.e. what develops organically and operates easily without political parties.
So much this ^

Kraketopia said:
Lethen said:
I think political parties are more bad than good, and will ultimately do nothing of use for our region that cannot - and would not - be accomplished by focused individuals with an informal support network of friends and community, i.e. what develops organically and operates easily without political parties.
So much this ^
I can see single issue parties working. The paradigm that's usually used is incompatible with our politics. A single issue party wouldn't be.

GraVandius said:
hyanygo said:
Both parties will collapse and be so immensely unimportant in the grand scheme of things that we'd find it difficult to even remember it. Both parties have a platform that many have described privately to me (in so many ways) as cringeworthy and as much use to the Europeian political climate as an anthem.
....so you have not actually read the platforms yourself? Seems a bit strong of a opinion based on hearsay from other people.

Also I'm willing to bet that as long as I'm active in the Euro community the EPP will not cease to exist.
Don't presume I haven't read the platforms. They're a waste of forum space with virtually nothing of value. It's a tremendous destruction of the party metaphor, so bland, banal and trite.

I will stand by my statements that both parties are a steaming pile of irrelevancy.

hyanygo said:
GraVandius said:
hyanygo said:
Both parties will collapse and be so immensely unimportant in the grand scheme of things that we'd find it difficult to even remember it. Both parties have a platform that many have described privately to me (in so many ways) as cringeworthy and as much use to the Europeian political climate as an anthem.
....so you have not actually read the platforms yourself? Seems a bit strong of a opinion based on hearsay from other people.

Also I'm willing to bet that as long as I'm active in the Euro community the EPP will not cease to exist.
Don't presume I haven't read the platforms. They're a waste of forum space with virtually nothing of value. It's a tremendous destruction of the party metaphor, so bland, banal and trite.

I will stand by my statements that both parties are a steaming pile of irrelevancy.
Did you have a bad week or something?

Not really, though I can see how it would seem so. I just don't like parties and I'm irritated at spending money for mixlr and people not following through. #thegrumps

hyanygo said:
Not really, though I can see how it would seem so. I just don't like parties and I'm irritated at spending money for mixlr and people not following through. #thegrumps
I get the last part, but like, with parties, these are people who are working hard to try to establish something and build it from the ground up. They might fail, they might even *probably* fail, but I'm not sure they deserve this level of indiscriminate hostility.

And they can work as hard as they'd like for a venture that will inevitably fail. Doesn't stop Hy and others from having strong opposition opinions.

Lethen said:
And they can work as hard as they'd like for a venture that will inevitably fail. Doesn't stop Hy and others from having strong opposition opinions.
This is quickly going to be become a circular argument lol. Nobody is protesting Hyanygo's right to have his opinions, I just thought he presented them in an uncouth way. Which is my opinion about his opinion, which I am also entitled to have. :lol:

Back