The Future of Goldenblock

The Future of Goldenblock
Brunhilde, Vice President and driving force of CAIN, resigns

By Seven Deaths

In an Administration plagued by controversy, however mild, President Aexnidaral Seymour must face yet another resignation. A Leave of Absence was lodged on Vice President Brunhilde’s behalf on February 3rd, barely a week after the pair were elected to the top two offices in Europeia. Since then, her voice has been noticeably absent from the forums. Of course, there’s no cause for blame on the Vice President’s part as a health scare left her hospitalized and her attention was rightly focused away from the region.

On February 26th, the Vice President, in a formal statement, informed the region she’d be resigning from her post effective immediately. In a moving statement about her condition, she left us with these kind words:
Brunhilde said:
I never wanted to need to do this. I love this region, and its people, and the work I've been able to do in it. I've liked the arguments and the late night talks about things that were going wrong but needed to be fixed. I've loved the interaction I've had with gameplay and I love the friends I've made. Working as your Minister of Foreign Affairs and, now, Vice President has been the most enjoyable part of my NationStates career.
Although it is difficult to think about, Brunhilde’s resignation raises significant questions. What will become of CAIN, an organization that has seen more than its fair share of ups and downs, without its most vocal supporter?

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kuramia, had this to say when asked about the future of CAIN:
Kuramia said:
I think there will be a shift in leadership in CAIN. I know all those on as signatories care about CAIN and wish to see it succeed. Have no doubt that action is being taken and everyone is aware of the situation at hand. Much like in Europeia, this is unfortunate news, but it's not too surprising. I'm positive everything will work out for the best.
Finally, the biggest question out there on everyone’s mind: Who will President Seymour nominate for his next Vice President? As of the time of this writing, the President has just returned from a short Leave of Absence and hasn’t even had the time to reply to Brunhilde’s resignation, so no official response has come forward yet.

Discussion ran rampant throughout the region since the resignation and two names seem to have struck a chord with Europeians: Chief of Staff North East Somerset and Grand Admiral Common-Sense Politics. Firstly, there’s more than enough concern that North East Somerset's activity wouldn’t make him the optimal choice for Vice President. Activity aside, NES is first in line for the Line of Succession should something happen to the President, and if he were concerned about activity, perhaps he wouldn’t have placed him in that primary spot. There’s also the added benefit of not requiring any additional shuffling if he puts up his Chief of Staff as his new Vice President; the rest of the Cabinet could remain the same.

Common-Sense Politics has recently returned to the Cabinet following Cat’s resignation as Grand Admiral, and he’s been making waves kicking the Navy back into shape. Like NES, CSP suffers from potential activity problems, but of the two he’s clearly the more active and his past history in the Goldenblock shows he’s more than capable of taking the position and leading effectively. Perhaps we’ll see CSP make his first trip back to the Goldenblock since August of 2016.

It would be a mistake not to give current Minister of Culture, Writinglegend, an honourable mention. Having just finished two Presidential terms in a row and still serving in the Cabinet, Writinglegend knows the current state of affairs better than almost anyone. However, his extraordinary service in Culture and his current position of Chief Justice makes this an unlikely pick.

Whatever happens, whoever is nominated to fill the now vacant Vice President position, everyone here in the Ministry of Communications extends their hearts and best wishes to Brunhilde in this trying time.

Cerian would be a very outside VP choice considering he was just fired from FA by Kura. I do not expect it for that reason. I think the three names offered above (NES, CSP, WL) are the proverbial talk of the town. NES as mentioned during his confirmation is not active enough to be President currently, as far as I can tell. CSP is marginally more active, but turn over in the GA would be probably a bad decision because it is one of two bright spots for the administration. The same problem exists in Culture, which is the other highlight of the administration. I fear that under new leadership in either ministry, they would flounder. So I expect someone not mentioned in this article to be considered.

I haven't been offered VP, I won't be offered VP, if I was offered VP I would decline.

I doubt Mal would have taken it - he wants to be in the Senate right now, and VPs cannot be in the Senate.

Common-Sense Politics said:
I haven't been offered VP, I won't be offered VP, if I was offered VP I would decline.
What if you were nominated?

HEM said:
Can you imagine CSPs reaction to being nominated to a position he doesnt want without being asked? I would pay good money to see that.

Cerian Quilor said:
I doubt Mal would have taken it - he wants to be in the Senate right now, and VPs cannot be in the Senate.
This.

Drecq said:
HEM said:
Can you imagine CSPs reaction to being nominated to a position he doesnt want without being asked? I would pay good money to see that.
It's happened to the best of us.

(How do I tag people / Rach in this post? :p )

Back