The Basics of the Navy

The Basics of the Navy
How to Succeed in the ERN
Written by Cool Spring

The sound of the natives rage-quitting; the sounds coming from Kraken's closet with a sign on his door that says "Don't come in plz;" the sweat rolling down the face of the Midshipmen; the order coming from the Grand Admiral - these experiences, and more, are the life of an Active Duty Europeian Republican Navy (ERN) Sailor.

Serving on Active Duty in the ERN is a fun environment where sailors enjoy the thrill of adventure, while serving the great Republic of Europeia. Cpt. Carrot, befittingly a Captain in the ERN, recently discussed Active Duty life. "The Active Duty group of the Europeian Republican Navy is great! All of the Active Duty members are friendly and are absolutely awesome," Cpt. Carrot said. "It is low stress and an easy enough way to get involved with the region. You really get to know people and you get to make friends in this game through participation in the Active Duty."

The Europeian Reublican Navy has long held a social atmosphere for individuals to socialize among others within the region, with the military priding itself on a long history of camaraderie. "The Grand Admiral, the person in charge of all operations, is really helpful to newcomers and he answers every question that's asked to him," Cpt. Carrot added. "You also get to serve this great Republic, so that's also a plus."

By participating in the ERN, sailors are directly advancing Europeia's foreign policy objectives abroad and projecting Europeian power on a global scale. By working with allies, running a large hold operation, or improving naval skills, Active Duty sailors find themselves with immediate gratification for their progress.

The operations of the ERN are secretive due to their military and security nature. "I'm not sure how much detail I can go into, with all the laws in place to keep us from spilling the beans, but basically the Grand Admiral makes our preparations, then he tells us what time to report and we show up at raid time," said Cpt. Carrot, providing a glimpse of how ERN operations work. "We do what the operation leaders tell us to do or we get sent to the gulags," the Carrot said with a grin.

The length of time that operations require varies. It can range from 10 minutes after the Update period or 45 minutes after the Update period. When asked about the wait times and what he does during that, Cpt. Carrot responded that he "occasionally spams inspirational music in the Chat. It's usually old naval songs."

"Refresh your computer. You'll know what I mean when you join. But, refresh," said Carrot when asked about advice for newcomers. "Also, listen to the veterans, they know what they're talking about. Talk to your fellow sailors in chats and turn up for raids. Don't, I repeat don't, be scared of failure or messing up. It happens to all of us and we all overcome that part of us."

When giving his last bit of advice, Cpt.Carrot encouraged sailors to plan ahead. "You don't want to be that person that pledges to be there on a night and then remembers 'Oh, grandma was going to see me at that time.' And you also don't want to sleep through an operation," he added, while staring at a particular member of the ERN.

Moral of the story: stay away from drowsy medication, because the ERN has a party cooking all night long. What are you waiting for? Attend that party and serve the Republic today, here!

Ninja Kittens said:
Cpt.Carrot said:
Common-Sense Politics said:
Don't worry, I didn't mention the bondage parties... Shite!
But those are the best part. :ph43r:
Are Volunteers invited to these parties? :gentleman:

Volunteers are usually who get shackled up....

Back