Sunday Morning Update #2

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Information (TG): Fest is Best

(Europeia, February 10, 2018) - The past week has been an eventful one for Europeia with news ranging from a new law to a new election. The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) has your back with an update on all the news you need to know for your Sunday morning reading pleasure.

In legislative news, President Rach signed the Forum Administration Modernization Act (2018) into law on February 5. The Senate is currently debating an update to the Criminal Code while the Citizens' Assembly (CA) is debating the Senate Formulaic Apportionment Amendment (2018) and the Presidential Release of Secret Information Amendment Act (2018). Discussion on a new Constitution is also still underway in the CA.

The Senate was further occupied this week with President Rach nominating then-Attorney General Darcness to fill former Justice Skizzy Grey's seat after his resignation. This left the spot of Attorney General vacated so the President soon nominated Vice Chancellor Drecq to be the new Attorney General. Both of the nominees were swiftly confirmed. You can read the in-depth piece the EBC released on this here.

Election season has started once again with standing for the Senate General Election being opened on February 8. The election is scheduled to take place on February 16 and excitement is high with as many as 10 candidates already announcing their campaigns.

In military news, the Europeian Republican Navy conducted an operation on three regions on February 8. This marks the first operation under the command of Grand Admiral Drexlore.

The official ceremony for the Ovation of Calvin Coolidge has begun. Festivities include speeches, radio shows, and games all in celebration of Calvin Coolidge. The ceremony began on February 9 and will conclude on February 11. You can read the in-depth piece the EBC released on this here.
##​
More news from the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation available here.

I remember when this was called the EBC Wire :p

Moronist Decisions said:
Lethen said:
We still have the EBC Wire. This is more of a weekly roundup.
Oh I know, I was being tongue-in-cheek. :emb:

Moronist Decisions said:
Lethen said:
This is just the weekly dispatch that has been release game-side for a long time. It usually has not be posted on the forms as well so it might seem new to some I suppose.

GraVandius said:
Moronist Decisions said:
Lethen said:
This is just the weekly dispatch that has been release game-side for a long time. It usually has not be posted on the forms as well so it might seem new to some I suppose.
It was done like once maybe last term so I am not surprised some people are a bit surprised to see it again

Back