SOURCE: President Pland Adanna Not To Seek Re-Election

President Pland Adanna Not To Seek Re-Election
EBC has learned that in President Pland Adanna's upcoming address, he will announce his intention to not seek a second term.

Written by HEM

Photo of President Pland Adanna addressing Europeia during his mid-term speech [generated using AI]

In an exclusive scoop, the EBC has learned that President Pland Adanna intends to announce in an upcoming address that he will not be seeking a second term:

"My intention was always to seek just one term due to my real life commitments," the President will say in his speech. "Unfortunately, the unforeseen events at the beginning of the term pushed back my administration's progress and visibility a little, but I am overjoyed with how quickly we got back on track and how much we are accomplishing, which makes another 70 days to finish the job somewhat appealing. Still, I know that, this fall, I will not be able to keep up the many hours each day I currently spend on Europeia and that this term has been extremely strong overall."

The President is likely to give more detail and speak to his administration's accomplishments in the upcoming Third Quarter Address.

Pland Adanna will become the fourth consecutive President to only serve a single term. President Icarus declined to run again, as did President Lloenflys after announcing his non-intent unusually early. President Rand sought another term only to be defeated at the ballot box by Adanna.

Prior to this string of one-term Presidencies, Writinglegend served three terms in the Goldenblock — bringing his total count to a cool ten.

One-term Presidencies have been the norm in Europeia since the executive re-merge in July 2020. In fact, Writinglegend's three consecutive terms are the only instances of Presidential re-election in the re-merge, post-split era. However, it hasn't always been for lack of trying. Presidents Pichtonia, Kazaman, SkyGreen, Darcness, and Rand were all defeated at the ballot box. Interestingly, the second term dreams of both Pichtonia and Kazaman were smashed by President Calvin Coolidge who has served two non-consecutive terms since the re-merge.

Prior to the executive split — which featured the powers of the Presidency divided between a domestic-focused First Minister and external affairs-focused Chief of State — President Sopo served for two consecutive terms in 2018.

Looking forward, President Adanna's decision leaves a large vacuum for the upcoming Presidential election. After a term of dynamic shifts in foreign affairs, and internal discussions regarding the intensity of politics (re-sparked by the recent departure of Icarus) there is a major opportunity for a vigorous campaign season in the coming weeks.

Love this sort of reporting, keep it up! Super interested to see who decides to step up 👀

Very disappointed this wasn't a scoop of ice cream! Great coverage though

PA had a lot first half of his term. He deserves to rest after all of that!

You scooped your own president? :p
I'm not revealing my source! ;)
I wonder who the tentacle who slipped the informative note under your office door could have belonged to...

Anyway, the rumors (which I definitely didn't start :p) are true! I'll elaborate more in the upcoming third-quarter address, but I figured that a dramatic EBC article would be more fun than a boring speech. Plus, I'm always looking for an opportunity for the EBC to break some news before everyone knows about it. Good luck to all of the presidential candidates!

That said, we still have A LOT planned for this term, so stay tuned! In the mean time, join in the Olympic fun, and watch the Goldenblock for further updates. Love you all! 💙

Interestingly, the second term dreams of both Pichtonia and Kazaman were smashed by President Calvin Coolidge who has served two non-consecutive terms since the re-merge.
I was so real for this. Best of luck with the rest of the term, PA, and hope our next President gets their platform tidied up this weekend!

Interestingly, the second term dreams of both Pichtonia and Kazaman were smashed by President Calvin Coolidge who has served two non-consecutive terms since the re-merge.
I was so real for this. Best of luck with the rest of the term, PA, and hope our next President gets their platform tidied up this weekend!
can you do it again

can you do it again
when you least expect it
👀 you really want to open Presidential elections so we know it's not this upcoming term

Back