Citizen
Discord Moderator
Pronouns
He/Him, They/them

Sopo's Top 8
A Frequency Analysis of EuroChoice's Thread of the Year

Sopo's Friend list cuts a wide swath, though Monkey and Maowi come out on Top

1613709943880.png
With forty updates since Sopo's Top 8 list went live on June 18th, Sopo has been busy keeping Europeia up to date on the inner workings of Sopo's social sphere. For good or ill, this thread has been one of the longest actively updated Republic Square threads created in recent years and many people have weighed in after each update, simultaneously praising or cursing Sopo for each shift in his social agenda. Beginning in June of 2020, we can see that there was a flurry of activity for the first few days between the 18th and the 24th, with 13 updates in those 7 days alone. The following month, July, saw 9 updates in total, with most coming in the third week. With only two updates in August, Sopo slowed down immensely on his updates, only updating again in November of the same year one time. Pausing again through the holidays, Sopo picked up his activity in January of 2021, with 4 updates, and February up to 9 updates through the 18th. Having won the EuroChoice Award for Thread of the Year perhaps spurred Sopo to continue his long-standing project.

1613706834270.png

With a total of 40 updates over the course of the thread, exactly 38 citizens have appeared on Sopo's Top 8 at least once, displaying a very broad friend base within Europeia. Though one might have suspected that Sopo's thread was a mere trolling effort, the strong lack of turnover in the top spot may belie these claims. Over the course of the 40 updates, the top spot has only been changed 4 times, and only held by 4 individuals: @Monkey, @GrandfatherClock, @Seva, and @Darkslayer. By far, the top citizen in Sopo's Top 8 thread was @Monkey, who retained the #1 spot for a total of 24 updates, from June 18th, 2020 through August 4th, 2020. However, in length of days in the Top Spot, the top citizen was @Seva from August 4th, 2020 through November 11th, 2020 and today February 18th, 2021 -- 100 total days.

1613707501322.png

With a very diverse group of Europeians appearing on the Top 8 list, there were a notable few who appeared very frequently. With 29 total appearances (though oddly enough, never in the top 1 spot), @Maowi was the top citizen over the 40 total updates. Coming in just below that were @Monkey at 27 appearances and @Pichtonia with 21 appearances. Fifteen citizens appeared on the list at least 10 times, with 38 total citizens appearing at least once, roughly just under 40% of the region's citizen population.

1613707534214.png

While the list was updated frequently, the top spots had noticeably lower turnover and relatively steady tenures compared to the list as a whole.

1613710499476.png

1613709548936.png

1613709572435.png

Last edited:
I can't believe you did this

I had way too much fun going through this - thanks Prim!

Prim this article is mad!!!!! Love it

This analysis proves that Sopo's MySpace Top 8 is the dumbest thread ever.

Prim I adore this, thank you for putting this article together!

Prim, I absolutely love this analysis! That thread, while not serious, is always fun to watch haha

On a side note, I love that I hold the record for longest tenure in the top spot

I am proud of my achievement vis-a-vis the Top 8 List.

Having not appeared once sets me apart from the rest, who pandered to Sopo to appear in the list.

I am proud of my achievement vis-a-vis the Top 8 List.

Having not appeared once sets me apart from the rest, who pandered to Sopo to appear in the list.
I never pandered!

Back