Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
E-Mensa - "Sopo Loses His Goddamned Mind"
Written by Sopo

Upon realizing that four legitimate presidential tickets had stood, local Sopo proceeded to lose his goddamned mind.

"I just... I can't... this is so..." he proceeded to stammer as his fucking brain literally jumped out of his skull and flailed around on the ground. Onlookers seemed concerned, but decided to snap some sweet pics for their MyFaces and Instachats rather than seek assistance.

We're all colluding to kill off the electorate bit by bit. :)

Kazaman said:
We're all colluding to kill off the electorate bit by bit. :)
If everybody runs and votes for themselves, we may have a bit of a statutory crisis on our hands. :lol:

4 tickets, none standing out as inspiring :p

When Lethen and I were discussing when to open polls, I made the point that we probably need to prepare for an inevitable runoff. While it's possible that one of the tickets could gain over 50% of the vote on the first ballot, with so many solid tickets, it seems ... quite reasonable to expect another ballot on Saturday into Sunday.

Mousebumples said:
When Lethen and I were discussing when to open polls, I made the point that we probably need to prepare for an inevitable runoff. While it's possible that one of the tickets could gain over 50% of the vote on the first ballot, with so many solid tickets, it seems ... quite reasonable to expect another ballot on Saturday into Sunday.
I agree. All of the candidates are worthy of consideration. I look forward to questioning them all. At this rate, I'll be the Socrates of Europeia. Just please don't kill me. :emb:

Isaris said:
Mousebumples said:
I agree. All of the candidates are worthy of consideration. I look forward to questioning them all. At this rate, I'll be the Socrates of Europeia. Just please don't kill me. :emb:
Here, try this tasty Hemlock smoothie. So good.

If more of the Presidential candidates were affiliated with parties, we could have slowly turned Europeia into a parliamentary government. :troll:

This has to be one of the most interesting elections I have seen in Euro yet and I have the joy of participating in it :D

Legitimate as in legal, yes. Legitimate as in realistic? Nope.

With all these people running a ticket is only going to need like 20 votes to get into that runoff.

GraVandius said:
With all these people running a ticket is only going to need like 20 votes to get into that runoff.
I'll have to review the law, but I'm pretty sure only the top 2 tickets qualify for the immediate runoff. Makes me feel bad for the ticket that will (inevitably) be third in vote count by a few votes. :huh:

Mousebumples said:
GraVandius said:
I'll have to review the law, but I'm pretty sure only the top 2 tickets qualify for the immediate runoff. Makes me feel bad for the ticket that will (inevitably) be third in vote count by a few votes. :huh:
It'd be cool if we only eliminated one at a time as necessary, but I can see that becoming annoying if it wasn't resolved quickly.

Rach said:
Mousebumples said:
GraVandius said:
It'd be cool if we only eliminated one at a time as necessary, but I can see that becoming annoying if it wasn't resolved quickly.
It could be, but I don't think that's how our election law is laid out.

(16) If no candidate in a Presidential Election receives more than half of the total votes cast, a Run-off Election shall be held between the candidates receiving the greatest and second-greatest number of votes. If two or more candidates are tied for second place, the tie shall be broken by a vote of the Senate. If they are unable to break this tie, then the tie shall be broken by the Office of the Supreme Chancellor. Should the Office of the Supreme Chancellor be unable to break this tie, the tie shall be broken by the Chief Justice.

Personally, I'd rather have a 24 hour break between the end of the first ballot and the opening of the runoff elections, to allow for the final 2 sets of candidates to compare themselves or maybe even have a debate. However, our law hasn't changed, so my options as a member of the Chancellery are limited.

Rach said:
Mousebumples said:
GraVandius said:
Perhaps for situations like this we could have a cutoff threshold of like 30% of the vote for a runoff?

GraVandius said:
Rach said:
Mousebumples said:
GraVandius said:
Perhaps for situations like this we could have a cutoff threshold of like 30% of the vote for a runoff?
If the Senate passes and the President signs the law, sure. But that seems unlikely to happen before polls open in less than 72 hours.

Back