Sopo Fails To Lose Debate

Oliver

Sopo Fails To Lose Debate
Candidates Scramble to Catch Front-Runner

In the minds of the voting public, the ENN experts who analyzed the debate seem to be a little off. When asked who, in their mind, won the Presidential debate, seven (46.7%) respondents said Sopo won, compared to only three (20%) respondents who believe Swakistek was the victor, one (6.7%) respondent who believes Ogastein won it (vanity, perhaps?), and a shocking four (26.7%) who said they believe Blumenwitz won! This of course rather muddies up the numbers, as it is an out-of-place showing, but perhaps other questions will be more illuminating.

When asked who won the Vice Presidential debate, McEntire was the clear victor with seven (46.7%) respondents in favour of his showing, compared to four (26.7%) for HEM, and two each (13.3%) for Abbey and AA. When asked how much the debate performances changed voting preferences, the nails began hammering themselves into the coffin for Ogastein and Swakistek. A mere 13.4% of respondents felt their voting preferences were changed "a lot" or "entirely" by the debate performance (one vote for each), with another 13.4% of respondents saying their voting preference had changed moderately. In contrast, 40% of respondents said their voting preference had not changed at all, and 33.3% said their voting preference had only changed a little. When the preference overwhelmingly favoured Sopo before, this is not good news for Swakistek or Ogastein.

When asked who they would be voting for on voting day, the candidates overwhelmingly favoured Sopo, to the tune of 10 votes (66.7%), which would be a victory on the first ballot, should the sample hold true for the population. The other five respondents came through as expected; 2 votes (13.3%) for Swakistek, and one each (6.7%) for Ogastein and Blumenwitz. There is also one undecided vote out there on the poll which, should the trends hold true, will expand to three or four undecided votes in the whole population.

Further dark news for the challengers is the firmness of the vote; 60% of the respondents said that their voting preference was "entirely firm", with another 6.7% saying that their voting preference is "firm". 13.3% for each of "moderately firm" and "flexible" begin the tapering off, with only 6.7% of respondents saying their voting preference is "entirely flexible". This very much suggests that any midnight-hour, last-ditch attempts will be met with derision from the electorate, rather than a reward.

The ENN Pollsters would like to note that the sample (15 respondents) is much smaller than most ENN polls. With little more than 12 hours left to go before the polls open, we felt it was more important to release the data we had. Stay tuned for updates if another group of respondents check in, and remember, if you don't like the results of this poll, get out and vote.

Very interesting results so far.

Although, one thing to keep in mind is that there might be a further loss of support for Sopo. If a candidate is believed or perceived to be heading for a landslide or have it "in the bag", as it very much were, there will probably be some who will, out of sympathy, vote for those candidates who don't even have a bag, much less anything in one.

Very interesting results so far.

Although, one thing to keep in mind is that there might be a further loss of support for Sopo. If a candidate is believed or perceived to be heading for a landslide or have it "in the bag", as it very much were, there will probably be some who will, out of sympathy, vote for those candidates who don't even have a bag, much less anything in one.
Very true.

Another case is a supporter of Sopo who, believing his candidate has it won already, won't bother to vote.

In both cases, Sopo should make sure to have a good "Rock the Vote" campaign until the polls close.

I think it will all depend how soon and how big of a lead Sopo will take right after the opening of the voting booth.

I do expect however that both OO and Swak will be able to garner some extra support, if only some sympathy votes. The polls so far have been very clear, all of them.

Let me go ahead an out myself hear. I voted for Blumenwitz as having won the debate. Partly out of funniness, partly out of respect to the decent statement he said, and partly because I felt that there wasn't a real winner to the debate out of the candidates who actually participated. It was a bit of a protest vote there.

Back