So, About Renaming the Forums for Honoured Citizens...

Also, with my VP masking I just counted 46 subforums which could be renamed. Not all of them are super flashy, but still, if it took us 16 years to hit 30, we have at least another 16 years of forums available to rename, not even factoring in the ever-expanding bureaucracy. I also think we could manage a handful hyphenated titles (maybe not portmanteaus).

I think hyphenated titles in terms of like, combining two people is a bad idea and kind of lame and takes away from the prestige. It's like when the NYT endorsed both Warren and Klobuchar at the same time lol

Not all of them are super flashy
That's more the concern than just running out. Yes, we technically have 46 subforums to be renamed, but some of those are either too important to rename (like the Voting Booth, or Ask Questions Here) or not really all that flattering to get your name on (Guys and Dolls Theater, Ordinance Index). Additionally, we want to rename things actually related to the person being honored. We're out of Radio subforums, Culture subforums, etc. The subforums that we look at more scarce than you are presenting.

That's more the concern than just running out. Yes, we technically have 46 subforums to be renamed, but some of those are either too important to rename (like the Voting Booth, or Ask Questions Here) or not really all that flattering to get your name on (Guys and Dolls Theater, Ordinance Index). Additionally, we want to rename things actually related to the person being honored. We're out of Radio subforums, Culture subforums, etc. The subforums that we look at more scarce than you are presenting.
Yea, we don't often struggle with this because we're all unaware of the subforums. Trust me, we're all well-aware of the bloated forums subfora

Last edited:

I am perfectly fine with the OD memorial trash can

Reactions: Vor
Yes, fair enough, I just did a quick count. However, that's why I pointed out there is 46, and presumably only a third of those would go in the next 5 years. I would consider 30 renamable.

• Ask Questions Here
    • Could be for a community/integration focused person, NAMENAME Information Desk or something like that
  • Newcomer's Handbook
    • Good for a recruitment/integration type person
  • Office of Foreign Diplomats
    • see earlier suggestion for Kaz
  • Citizen Registry
    • I will gladly take this one
  • Office of Naval Recruitment
    • Any Naval person
  • 21 Tomlinson Street
    • Has historical value but could easily be NAMENAME Cabinet Room
  • Office of the Vice President
    • great candidate for Gleg with his unparalleled executive experience, imo
  • Senate Archives
  • High Court
    • NAMENAME High Court Chambers
  • Circuit Court
    • NAMENAME Circuit Court Chambers
  • Bar Association Commons
  • Boardroom of Bar Examiners
  • Office of the PA Chair
    • PA may come and go but I feel like some sort of more larger legislature is always on the horizon
  • Voting Booth
    • personally I am not opposed to attributing this but idk
  • Candidate Debates
    • NAMENAME Candidate Debate Hall
  • Public Referenda
    • NAMENAME Referendum Hall
  • Welcoming Headquarters
  • Outreach Discussion
  • Classified <Interior> Research
  • Gameside Conference
  • Gameside Fusion
  • Writinglegend (Culture) Conference Area
    • WL is versatile enough that he could be relocated and this one renamed
  • Radio Education Center
    • doesn't exist but definitely could, yes now i am creating subforums for this tradition, sue me
  • Foreign Affairs Leadership
  • Diplomatic Training Centre
  • Ambassadors' Offices
  • (RSC) Council Chambers
    • another decent idea for Kaz
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Spam and Games
  • Debate Hall
    • I think all 3 of these RS forums are usable, the honor could be about someone's community contributions or personality just as much as their government involvement

So yes, Ministry-specific ones are getting a bit tight, I'll give you that. I'll think about what else could be done.

A lot of those more generalized ones are a non-starter for me, imo. I mean, some of them have held the name for so long and are directly referenced in other material (e.g., Newcomer's Handbooks) that it would make things less intuitive for their primary audience.

Also another thing to keep in mind: any time an Executive decides they want things reorganized and rearranged, we have to possibly archive named subfora and find suitable replacements.

EDIT: also no one is getting the citizenship spreadsheet redirect named after them :p

A lot of those more generalized ones are a non-starter for me, imo. I mean, some of them have held the name for so long and are directly referenced in other material (e.g., Newcomer's Handbooks) that it would make things less intuitive for their primary audience.

Also another thing to keep in mind: any time an Executive decides they want things reorganized and rearranged, we have to possibly archive named subfora and find suitable replacements.

EDIT: also no one is getting the citizenship spreadsheet redirect named after them :p

The Lethen Spreadsheets :p

Revert all subforums to their original names and rename something like Pinkerton Way into "Honoured Citizens' Way"
Honestly this makes the most sense to me, but I also don't care enough to say "undo all old names."

It makes little sense (to me) to spend much time and energy trying to figure out how to reorganize the forum to ensure that every Honored Citizen past current and future gets a subforum name.

Revert all subforums to their original names and rename something like Pinkerton Way into "Honoured Citizens' Way"
Honestly this makes the most sense to me, but I also don't care enough to say "undo all old names."

It makes little sense (to me) to spend much time and energy trying to figure out how to reorganize the forum to ensure that every Honored Citizen past current and future gets a subforum name.
I'm leaning towards this idea more and more for thar reason.

This idea is a bit more silly, but we could create an Honored Citizens Way a la Dove Swoop Lane, where each HC has a 'manor'/'monument'. Maybe @John Laurens and the Historical Commission could help populate/decorate them. Could also function like the old Senate Offices where each HC could post as they please. Similar to the Hall of Fame idea but maybe more customizable.

I'm also not sure I like retroactively removing HC forum names. I feel like they give a lot more character to the forum. It'd be pretty boring if every single Ministry just had a "(Ministry Name) Conference Room."

This idea is a bit more silly, but we could create an Honored Citizens Way a la Dove Swoop Lane, where each HC has a 'manor'/'monument'. Maybe @John Laurens and the Historical Commission could help populate/decorate them. Could also function like the old Senate Offices where each HC could post as they please. Similar to the Hall of Fame idea but maybe more customizable.
Perhaps something like this

I kind of like this actually??????? I will take my own BS forum to shitpost in thanks

I kind of like this actually??????? I will take my own BS forum to shitpost in thanks
Okay. This can't be allowed.

I really like this idea too — it can be kind of like presidential libraries in the US? Like the HCs can also customise their own place in the alley

Reactions: upc
I am fine with Rand's idea about having a specific area like that for everyone since it solves the problem going forward, but I still don't think we should go back and strip the names from everything that currently exists; I kind of like the history that they have, since some of them have been around for years.

I am fine with Rand's idea about having a specific area like that for everyone since it solves the problem going forward, but I still don't think we should go back and strip the names from everything that currently exists; I kind of like the history that they have, since some of them have been around for years.
I agree with this too

Back