former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network - "Senate Race Competitive"
Written by HEM Tiberius

Results of the latest ENN Senate poll show a strong showing among most candidates. Out of 22nd responses, the averages for each are below.

Oliver: 3.18 / 13
Jusduckria: 4.36 / 13
McEntire: 6.05 / 13

karthikking: 7.36 / 13
Lia Moss-Firen: 8.86 / 13
Blake: 10.05 / 13
Caninope: 7.09 / 13
North East Somerset: 5.82 / 13
ACKJVR: 7.82 / 13
Blumenwitz: 11.09 / 13
James Hanover: 9.77 / 13
Peaceful Llamas: 5.50 / 13
Klatonia: 4.05 / 13

The candidates who would win on election day are bold. Polls don't show an endgame for any of the Senate candidates. Both Oliver and newcomer to the race, Klatonia, seem to have cemented strong leads. Jusduckria seems like a solid bet as well, but little beyond that is conclusive.

"The race could go in so many different ways," Paul Krugman says, "The usual 'top tier' of candidates is smaller and more uncertain than usual."

77.3% of respondents support the Senate taking a more active role in Executive affairs. 22.7% oppose the notion that the Senate should be intervening in the Executive.

Even more agreement was found on the third question. Asked whether Europeia is too politically or stagnate, 90.5% agreed. Only two respondents disagreed.

ENN also asked another unconventional question. Who should be speaker?

Former UK Prime Minister, John Major says, "It was an odd question, because the Europeian people have a very limited role in selecting a position that the Senate elects from within."

A slim majority of 54.5% support the vocal Oliver Marlowe for the post. He has contributed several editorials this term, pushing for the Senate to go beyond the traditional scope of people. A solid 22.7% of those polled support Klatonia, perhaps recalling his time as a firebrand leader in mid 2009. Klatonia served as Speaker for almost an entire term, rallying the New Conservative Party to intensive moral victories.

13.6% supports former Senate Speaker Jusduckria. 4.5% supports North East Somerset and Blumenwitz respectively.

Finally, when asked if a government should stay in office after a VoNC, the result was split. 45.5% stated they should, while 54.5% says they should not remain in power.

77% is a huge mandate for taking a more active role in executive affairs, I'm pleased to see it.

More legislation would also be nice :p
Good legislation would be better. It's easy to say "moar!", but it's harder to provide things that fit the criteria of new and not a minor tweak while still being relevant and helpful for Europeia.

On the same note, I'm sure there will be, but saying "we want more laws!" is, I think, a very major oversimplification of the duties of the Senate and the issues of legislative writing.

Good legislation would be better. It's easy to say "moar!", but it's harder to provide things that fit the criteria of new and not a minor tweak while still being relevant and helpful for Europeia.

On the same note, I'm sure there will be, but saying "we want more laws!" is, I think, a very major oversimplification of the duties of the Senate and the issues of legislative writing.
Duh :rolleyes: :lol:

Duh :rolleyes: :lol:
:rolleyes: You're the one who said "MOAR!"

This poll is... interesting.

As for the analysis, I don't remember my term as NCP leader as being full of anything close to intensive, moral, or even a victory, but I'll take that trip down memory lane on another day :)

@Rach: I didn't include it in my platform, but I have a tendancy towards what I called "legislative fitness", which basically meant merging laws that were related and abolishing those that infringed too much on people's liberties, at least to my taste. So.... don't expect a sudden legislative boom, at least not if I get my way.

I'm a bit disappointed newer members aren't getting much traction.

Back