Senate Polling Results

Sentate Polling Results

Mean: 5.85
Mode: 7
While consistent with recent past terms, these numbers show a significant discontent with the Senate’s performance, with no one rating the Senate a 9 or 10, and no individual Senator received even a single 10 rating. This is unusually low compared to historic polling norms, but that could be due to either poor recent Senates or the populace judging Senate’s more harshly than they once did.

Mean: 7.23 (highest average)
Kraketopia received the highest average of any Senator; however, we typically see the highest average rating at 8 or higher. Kraketopia could be receiving some blame for not pushing the Senate harder as speaker, or this could be a reflection of the overall low quantity of work that was done this term.

Mean: 6.3
This is the worst polling yet for Malashaan. These ratings are likely due to the overall disapproval of the Senate and his low level of activity in the Senate, relative to Drecq and Kraketopia.

Mean: 5.53
Mode: 6
Mcentire all but vanished after the presidential elections at the middle of the Senate term, likely contributing to his low scores.

Mean: 7.23 (highest average)
Drecq got tied Kraketopia for the highest average rating in this poll. As mentioned before this is still relatively low for the highest average and could be a reflection of overall satisfaction with the Senate.

Mean: 4
Mode: 5/6
It is unsurprising that Cool Spring received the lowest average rating of all Senators given that he only posted once in the Senate before this poll occurred. The only Senator in this poll to get a 1, this past term will likely haunt any future ambitions for Cool Spring, although it should be noted that he is not running this election due to real life constraints.

Mean: 6
It is unclear exactly what these scores mean for calvin. If anything, there seems to be a clear divide among those polled as to how to rate a Senator that leaves for higher office. Another factor may be the low visibility he has as Vice President leaving a negative impression in people’s minds.

The region seems split on whether they wish for the Senate to have 5 or 6 seats in the coming term, but few seem willing to go for more than 6. This makes the Electoral Panel’s decision of 6 seats seem like a reasonable representation of the public’s will; however, it is unclear how knowing the current field would have impacted this.

Drecq and Malashaan seem certain for re-election, but Kraketopia was curiously left behind gathering votes from only around half those polled. Again, it is unclear how the current field would have affected these results, but what is clear is that Mcentire and Cool Spring will likely struggle in elections for the near future.

What new faces that are currently not in the Senate do you hope to see stand?

Unsure.
Starstream, Fajihas, Stan1400, shufordbrian
Zapperzx
Notolecta, Brunhilde
Anumia, Shin 2.0
Erebos
Starstream Tribe
really any of the newbies. also Lethen
Stan1400, Fortunado, any of the older people who are currently just lurking around.
Eh
Brunhilde
Notolecta isn't fresh faced but bring him back
Notolecta, a cookie,

The region is split on whether other positions should impact voting, with a roughly equal number of respondents answer yes, no, and unsure.

Despite the uncertainty over whether multiple positions should impact voting behavior, the overwhelming majority of respondents do not believe that a legislated ban should be instilled on holding multiple positions. This is largely a sign of support for traditional Europeian views on the issue.

What legislative topics do you hope the next Senate will address?
Separation of Powers
Anumia-based economy. Where do we go from here? McEntire had it right, we are just fixing small issues. We need to expand somehow
anything to keep things active
Intelectual property and referenda
Classified Intelligence, Intellectual Property, Referenda
Non-citizens' rights

What do you think will be the hot topic(s) of the Senate Election?
Separation of Powers
Activity
Extortion, maybe?
Not much probably
Intellectual Property and Position Limitations
multiple positions being held, maybe general activity and cracking down on inactive Senators

Do you have any comments on the past Senate or the election?

Election was underwhelming, Senate has been underwhelming
Very quiet and so-so in productivity. I would have liked to see more activity from the Senate and them take on more things. A lot of stuff fell by the wayside, but I'm unsure if that's the Speaker's fault or the general inactivity of the people in the Senate (McEntire, Malashaan, etc). Anyhow, we need new faces to step up and bring more activity so we stop with dissapointing Senate's like this one.
N/A
The past Senate was rather fitting in terms of its relation to the last Presidential term. It was boring and not much happened.
A little lackluster, but the level of activity was mostly frequent and consistent.
The Senate was lackluster at best. Hopefully we see some active candidates, but I'm kinda expecting to be disappointed.
I don't care which legislative topics find themselves at the forefront of the election cycle this time around. This was one of the most disappointing Senate terms I've saw and I have no doubt that its inadequacy played a part in the terrible activity level we've had.

With the Senate elections marking the midterm, what is your opinion of the Writinglegend Administration so far?

Solid, not spectacular, could use tweaking in some areas
"A" for effort, "C-" for results.
Not too bad.
I don't agree with the importance put on the International Paper and I don't believe in their ability to execute it, but I do think that Writinglegend has been making some good steps forward in his foreign policy. The rest of the ministries, though, level a bit to be desired.
I think it's still too early to judge.
Good, I think that people are gaining more hope in WL's administration now which is good.
Seems like there has been more talk about action than there has been action.
abstain
Making progress. He didn't have much to build on, so I'm happy with where things are.
Good enough.
Writinglegend's administration has been productive thus far. The International Paper has made great strides and our population is going up. More people are getting involved and general activity is increasing. I'm glad to see a State Visit with TEP happening, and the cultural event with TCB. Overall, we are reaching out to new, large regions to forge bonds for the future, and I am glad with the increased focus on that this term.
The Writinglegend Administration has accomplished a good amount so far, and I'm very excited to see what they accomplish by the end of this term.
It's difficult to hold an opinion on something that has been so uninteresting. and boring.

Analysis by Notolecta
Means and Modes calculated by Zapperzx
Edited by Writing Legend

Hm. Lower scores for all than I anticipated. We've had worse Senates, but I guess it's good we don't lower our standards.

Part of the problem may be that the past 7-10 days leading up to the election there has been literally no activity from 3/5 Senators (Mal, Cool Spring, and McEntire), the latter of which seems to have disappeared entirely.

Back