Senate Polling Results

How would you rate the Senate's performance this term?

Avg: 5.875
Mode: 5
The region seems unimpressed, but not necessarily pessimistic about this past Senate term. The Senate’s slow pace likely contributed to this lower than normal score, but it may have been counterbalanced to some degree by an understanding that the term took place during the holidays, which can make activity difficult at times.

How would you rate Speaker Drecq's performance this term?

Avg: 6.875
Mode: 7
Despite being the highest average among the Senators, Drecq’s approval is lukewarm at best. His long Senate history may have played a role in making him the highest rated Senator, or it may have been caused by a belief that he performed better than the other Senators.

How would you rate Senator Writinglegend's performance this term?

Avg: 6.4375
Mode: 5, 7, 8, and 9
Writingledgend has been a bulldozer ever since getting his first public office, but now he faces his lowest approval score yet, dipping below an eight average for the first time in his career. Despite this turn, he remains the second highest rated Senator of the term.

How would you rate Senator Anumia's performance this term?

Avg: 5.75
Mode: 5
“Meh.” That is the response you would likely get if you asked someone what they thought of Anumia this term in the Senate. Anumia had a strong 2014 for most of the year, but one must wonder if this below average score for the last Senate term of 2014 is going to set the tone for his year in 2015.

How would you rate Senator Sopo's performance this term?

Avg: 6.3125
Mode: 7
Sopo managed to keep his approval above that of the overall senate, but that’s probably not saying much.

How would you rate Senator Kraketopia's performance this term?

Avg: 6.3125
Mode: 6&7
Krake puts up a similar score to Sopo, but it is unclear whether his Emergency LoA was taken into account. Krake is likely to have an easier time convincing people to overlook this term due to his unfortunate circumstances this term.

How would you rate Senator Shin's performance this term?

Avg: 4.9375
Mode: 3
The region seems unsure about how to judge Shin’s performance with a relatively even spread without any extremes. Still, his approval seems to be weighted a little to the negative side of thing, and his average is lower than we typically see in approval polling.

How would you rate Senator Angelus' performance this term?

Avg: 3.0625
Mode: 1
Angelus is the worst rated Senator of the term, with one of the lowest averages seen in any recent approval polls. This is likely linked to his recent absence, and his low level of Senate activity throughout the term.

How would you rate the Senate Advice and Oversight Committee's performance this term?

Avg:3.875
Mode:1
Something is clearly broken in the Committee with it’s performance getting five respondents answering one and an overall average of just 3.875. This could spell trouble for supporters of the Committee in the upcoming election, but dissatisfaction with the Committee alone may not spell it’s end quite yet.

The high level of dissatisfaction with the Committee may also have contributed to the low approval scores of it’s chairman, Angelus.

What Is your viewpoint on committees?

Half of the respondents expressed a lack of support of the existence of committees, with an additional individual responding as other who wrote “Kill it with fire.” The rest is split with two individuals each saying they support returning to separate committees, saying they support moving the committee to the CA, and expressing indifference to the topic. With this in mind it is nearly ensured that the committee in it’s current form will not continue, with only one respondent expressing support for it.

How many seats should the next Senate have?

It appears the most popular move would be to keep the Senate at 7 seats, but at the end of the day this will be determined by the Electoral Panel.

Do you approve of the Senate Aide program?

The Senate Aide program has a strong majority supporting it, and will likely not be scrapped anytime in the near future.

What do you think will be the hot topics during the pre-election standing period?

Activity levels and how to proceed with the vetoed IP act.
The Senate Oversight Committee
It's continued relevance in Europeia

What legislation topics do you hope the next Senate will address?

Nothing particular atm.
IP - either to remove it entirely from the statutes and rely on RL law completely, or to more clearly define the metes and bounds of the law (I prefer the latter). The process of referenda. Non-citizen rights.
Reforming itself

Would you like to see Drecq serve another term as Speaker?

It seems people are split between wanting a continuation of the Drecq era of the speakership and not really caring. Since the speakership is an internally elected position that is largely administrative in nature it is unsurprising that significant portion of the respondents have no strong opinion on the matter.

If Elections were today, which current senators would you vote to re-elect?

Drecq and Writingledgend seem to have a second term in the bag if they wish to pursue one with 75% of our respondents willing to re-elect them. Kraketopia and Sopo both have solid backing with more than 50% of those polled expressing a willingness to re-elect these incumbents. Anumia and Shin would face a slightly steeper fight, but they don’t seem to be out for sure; however, Angelus seems unlikely to gather support.

What new faces (not currently in the Senate) do you hope to see stand?

Newcomers Vicky and Brunhilde each got several mentions, and one of them could likely be our next freshman senator. Ninja Kittens got a few mentions as well, while Prometheus and RRA each got a mention. Others identified include Vinage, Calvin Coolidge, Drexlore, Rach, Notolecta, Seven Deaths, CSP, HEM, Lethen, Onderkelkia, Phdre, and Hyanygo.
Do you have any comments regarding this past senate term, the coming election, or this poll?
The Senate has been average. Not good, not bad. OK.
I think this Senate needs to pick up its activity. They had several days with a vote open, and only three votes, out of seven. The committee has been inactive, and it's just sad.
Overall a good Senate term. The Senate Committee has been a notable failure, and despite what some proponents may claim, has accomplished very little. Those in opposition appear to have given it a fair chance to operate and it has failed on its own accord. Whether this is due more to the poor leadership of Angelus, or the Committee itself, it is clear that change is needed.

These are the lowest Senate approval ratings I've ever seen. I hope that those Senators running for re-election take these into serious consideration.

I will actually not be running for reelection. I have spend so much consecutive time in the Senate that I need a term or two at least to recharge my legislative batteries. I wish luck to whoever takes up the mantle of the Speakership next.

Drecq said:
I will actually not be running for reelection. I have spend so much consecutive time in the Senate that I need a term or two at least to recharge my legislative batteries. I wish luck to whoever takes up the mantle of the Speakership next.
I'm very sorry to hear this, but completely understand. I look forward to seeing you in the Senate again :gentleman:

Drecq said:
Understandable, but sad. :(

Drecq said:
Senate or not, you'll always be Mr. Speaker to me. :ph43r:

Back