Senate clerks embezzled millions from parkade, AG says

Comfed

Exposing #REF!
Senator
Citizen
Pronouns
he/him
Attorney General accuses former senate clerks, accomplices of stealing millions from Senatia parking machines
Cross-governmental investigation, arrests rock the region, prominent citizens distance themselves from crimes.
NEWS | By Comfed
SENATIA – The Attorney General has filed criminal charges against an array of former senate clerks who he alleges skimmed money off the Senatia building's parking fees. The crimes, which are based on information gathered by multiple government agencies, stretch at least all the way back to 2012, when the current Senatia building was built.

Attorney General @Calvin Coolidge at a press conference.

The defendants, who include current president @JayDee, as well as former speakers @Drecq and @Prim, are accused of a sum total of over fourteen thousand counts of theft, embezzlement, and conspiracy. They are accused of engaging in a years-long conspiracy of breaking into the Senatia parkade at night and stealing money left in parking lot payment machines. Many others have also been charged in relation to the conspiracy as accomplices. They allegedly stole a total of 32 million dollars.

The report from the Attorney General's office, which was heavily redacted for regional security purposes, includes evidence which some have characterized as "highly disturbing." An anonymous source from inside the Senatia Police told Comfed's Quill: "I saw CCTV footage of Drecq stealing the money. He crawled in from a manhole cover carrying a crowbar. Then, he started attacking parking meters left and right, visibly swearing the whole time. And I mean visibly, you couldn't hear anything, but that's obviously what he was doing." Another anonymous source told Comfed's Quill that they saw the location of a hidden parking meter that the conspirators had damaged.

The suspects have all been arrested by Regional Bureau of Investigations agents. Their bail hearings are scheduled for Tuesday.

Prim in his prison cell.

Comfed's Quill had the opportunity to speak directly to Director of the Europeian Intelligence Agency @Kazaman about the typically secretive EIA's role in this investigation. "Well, I first got tipped off when Assistant Director @Peeps found a parking ticket mailed to his office with the words 'you're next' written on it. Oh yeah, and some anthrax was in there too. It really just took off from there." The Director insisted that most of the rest of the interview be redacted, but he did allow us to publish this: "Once we had one of their accomplices, he cracked like an egg." Former Director North East Somerset told Comfed's Quill that one of the means possibly used in the interrogation was playing audio transcripts posts from the Brotherhood of Malice's infamous "assassin" roleplay at ear-splitting volumes for an extended period of time. "No one could withstand that," he said.

DEIA @Kazaman showing a DNA sample left by the suspects.

Meanwhile, the President took a firm stand against the former clerks' crimes. "Let this be a lesson to everyone," said President JayDee in an interview with Minister of Radio @Grea Kriopia yesterday, "that we in Europeia do not take theft lightly. Nor do we take obstruction of justice lightly. If you stand in my way, I will crush you like a grape."

Meanwhile, former associates of the suspects are distancing themselves from involvement. "Drecq? Who the hell is that guy?" asked student activist and former Vice Chancellor @Deepest House, who used to work closely with Drecq in the Office of the Supreme Chancellor. "I never knew him. The accusations that we were in cahoots, I'd just like to preempt those and say that we were not." While Comfed's Quill is not aware of any such allegations, it seems likely that Supreme Chancellor Lethen is on the verge of publishing a book on the subject, marking his seventeenth since HEM retired from the OSC in 2016.

Former Vice Chancellor Deepest House has denied any connection to the plot and any association with the conspirators.

The explosive allegations against the former senate clerks have shocked the region and rocked the halls of legislative power. Citizens of Europeia are left wondering: if this could be done by senate clerks, then who knows what other government officials could be stealing money from the people? Follow Comfed's Quill for more details.

Former Director North East Somerset told Comfed's Quill that one of the means possibly used in the interrogation was playing audio transcripts posts from the Brotherhood of Malice's infamous "assassin" roleplay at ear-splitting volumes for an extended period of time. "No one could withstand that," he said.
@Quebecshire “:3”

I’m rather confused by my role in this but I maintain my innocence nonetheless

1708221251961.png
Yes, officer, this post right here --

:p

You are displaying leadership in this trying time by crushing your enemies like grapes!
Then why am I a defendant?
Because of your crimes? But you are also crushing your enemies like grapes.
Well the Sun is already on Drecq's side, can I get the shade instead?
You already get lots of shade. Don't be greedy.

You are displaying leadership in this trying time by crushing your enemies like grapes!
I didn't embezzle thousands of dollars only to stop at being called "greedy"

I didn't embezzle thousands of dollars only to stop at being called "greedy"

Back