Senate Candidate Interview - Prov

Senate Candidate Interview - Prov
Interview with Prov and Forilian
Written by Forilian and JayDee

Forilian: In order to remove all semblances or perceptions of bias, I have run all the questions that I am going to ask by Minister of Radio & Senator JayDee (who should be pretty impartial).

Hello Prov and thank you for agreeing to this interview, we really appreciate your time and energy, both in this interview and in deciding to throw your hat into the race! First question, a bit easier to start: why are you running for election?

Prov: I am running for election because the Senate is the one body that is the most interesting besides the People's Assembly and truly it has been my dream to be in the Senate to make change in Europeia and to help this wonderful region in the Senate as much as I can!

Forilian: Very interesting! Next: do you have any experience or skills that you think will help you be a good senator?

Prov: To be frank, I don't have or know many Euro-related skills but trial and error is important so I can further improve.

Forilian: That's ok too -- learning is a crucial part of becoming a good legislator!
Moving on to a different type of question: what is the most important issue (in this election) for you as a candidate?

Prov: Oversight of the executive is the most important issue that I am running on. One of the main issues is the [legislature] is the body that holds the President, Vice President and all the ministers [accountable] — which are important members of this government that make it function.

Forilian: Can you summarise your platform/ideas in 2-3 sentences?

Prov: My platform is all about removing removing Election Administrator Discretion and reforming executive oversight to ensure stability and that it goes smoothly.

Forilian: I see -- in a senate, how do you think your colleagues would describe your legislative approach?

Prov: They would see my legislative approach as a more radical or even newbie approach

Forilian: Got it! And finally, perhaps one of the most controversial issues of this election (JayDee made me ask this, for the record): What is your ideal approach to oversight?

Prov: My ideal approach to oversight would be to set more expectations for a Senator when asking questions to a government official and to put a boundary up when conducting oversight over the executive as both bodies need to set an expectations and boundaries to ensure questioning of any matter goes smoothly and to ensure each senator is asking logically questions while expecting logically questions coming from government officials.

Forilian: Perfect, thank you for answering the questions! That's all for now. Best of luck in the election!

Interesting interview! This Senate candidate outreach project is awesome!

Great work on this! Awesome to see the interviews across so many different mediums.

Back