Senate Candidate Interview - Ellenburg

Senate Candidate Interview - Ellenburg
Phoenix interviews Senate Candidate Ellenburg

Written by Phoenix

Phoenix: Hello everyone, as always I am your special guest interviewer Phoenix. Today I am interviewing Senate Canididate Ellenburg. How are you doing?

Ellenburg: I am doing great! Excited for the Senate Election! I am excited to see so many candidates this time as well!

Phoenix: Indeed, it is quite a competitive race this time around. Old faces and even new faces appearing in this election! As someone who has run for Senate before (albeit we are reaching the point for polls to open soon) , do you have any hints or words of encouragement to give?

Ellenburg: I would say don't give up! Get your idea's out there and start conversations! Even if you don't win the first time keep trying. As you can see this what I live by as this is my third attempt to become a Senator again.
I was new not long ago and was lucky and won my first Senate election so it can be done by a newcomer or someone who hasn't been in the Senate for a while.

Phoenix: All great suggestions and words of encouragement, I definitely agree on the don't quit attuide that you seem to be vibing with! However, I do think that brings me to an important question of why did you decide to run for senate this term?

Ellenburg: I choose to run again because I felt that I came so close in the by-election against Gem. They were a very worthy opponent and it was a very fun election for me at least even though I came up short. I felt that I still had some ideas and the overall drive to try a run for the Senate once again!

Phoenix: That's fair and speaking of one of your ideas, your mentorship proposal failed to gain a lot of traction in the Peoples' Assembly, what did you take from this that you can apply to the senate?

Ellenburg: I learned the hard way that Executive type ideas like the Mentorship program should be done within the Ministry not legislated by the Senate. I think we have all learned allot on things the Senate should or should not do this past month or so.

Phoenix: We'll put a pin in what we've learned from the Senate so far this term for a later question, however on the topic of legislation.. Do you have any legislative ideas for the term?

Ellenburg: Nothing to major overall. I would like to get even if its not legislated the Senate to hold a Town-meeting style meeting at least once a month where citizens can ask questions of the Senators it could be rotated through Radio, Text in Grand Hall or even try a RMB type meeting like that as well.

Phoenix: That's an interesting concept of holding a town hall meeting once a month. Might draw some interest from folks if you are elected and gives people a perfect opportunity to directly communicate with their Senators, although in my opinion - there is hardly an issue of communication when it comes to the Europeia Senate. Moving on though, what kind of Senator do you want to be known as?

Ellenburg: I would like to be known as a Senator that can mediate when there is a divide on an issue. One that can find the middle ground and move things along when there is an impasse.

Phoenix: I see, we'll have to see how that plays out if you get elected! We may come back to this question later, however what kind of Senator do you think your colleagues would say you are?

Ellenburg: That's a good question! I think it would depend on which ones you asked. lol I would hope they would see me as a Senator that brings allot of experience to the Senate in many different areas of the game and one they can work with to solve issues that come up in a responsible and professional manner that will benefit all of Europeia.

Awucard: Haha, it does indeed always depend on who you asked, right? As you said earlier, there were things we all learned on what the senate should or should not do this term, such as oversight. What are your thoughts on oversight from the lessons learned this past term?

Ellenburg: Indeed we learned allot! As many know I believe in the Senate's oversight power and from this last term we learned that if its done during a situation it needs to be done properly. Preferably the oversight should be done after but when called for it can be done during but as means to check not a means to hinder the on-going situation. If done during it should be done as a group not on an individual level. The Senate should not oversight to the point of making the Executives job harder.

Phoenix: When a conflict arises from the Senate's oversight which gets the public involved in a manner - as someone who wishes to migtiate things.. how would you handle issues that might arise? You're welcomed to use the oversight used during this term as a example.

Ellenburg: I would look at the situation at hand first. Look from the perspective of each side of the argument overall. From there I would offer a compromise that takes both sides of the issue into consideration. Sit both sides down and agree to something that will appease both parties in the matter regardless of my personal opinion. Since the public is involved meeting in the middle is key to resolving the issue so that both sides are happy with the results even if they both don't get everything they wanted out of the issue in the end. If that makes sense? As a Senator your job is to look out for what is best for the region as a whole. If its hotly contested then you need to meet in the middle to resolve the issue.

Phoenix: That's fair! Well, that's all the questions I have for you tonight. Do you have any last words to say to the epic auidence that has had to endure a guest interviewer?

Ellenburg: You have been a great interviewer and I thank you for all the great questions. I ask you all to consider voting for me if you are looking for experience and proven leadership even if it hasn't been in this region overall. The biggest thing I ask is everyone to get out an vote on Friday a good turn out will make a great election that I already anticipate it to be!

Phoenix: Thank you so much for accepting the interview, have a good night!

Back