Right

Unless a good reason is given within 24 hours, this newspaper is being moved with the rest of the media outlets as a subforum.

I just assumed that since the EBC is part of the Culture Ministry, it has special status.

But I'm not going to argue, because I don't think it really matters that much. :p

I just assumed that since the EBC is part of the Culture Ministry, it has special status.

But I'm not going to argue, because I don't think it really matters that much. :p
Well, technically, we're the government-sponsored media outlet, with a status similar to that of the EuroUniversity, or so I had thought.

Well, technically, we're the government-sponsored media outlet, with a status similar to that of the EuroUniversity, or so I had thought.
Either way, the best outlet in the region will be read.

This paper hasn't had anything to do with the government for months. If we didn't have a problem with forum space I wouldn't care, but we do, so I do.

This has turned into a private enterprise under Jus, and while the quality is fantastic, I just don't see the reason for it to get special treatment.

How much government coordination have you had? How many government officials did you consult before changing the name etc. etc.?

I'm really not trying to be a...well, erm..jackass. I really want to know.

I get my instructions from the Minister of Culture.

I didn't consult any government officials before asking for the name to be changed.

While I love the EBC (Is that what we're calling it now?), it has morphed into something larger than a government regional outlet, into Jus's personal newspaper. I think that it should jump into the regional newspaper forum so there isn't any issue of preferential treatement (either that, or we can pull all active newspapers out and have them be present on the main forum rather than as a subforum).

While I love the EBC (Is that what we're calling it now?), it has morphed into something larger than a government regional outlet, into Jus's personal newspaper. I think that it should jump into the regional newspaper forum so there isn't any issue of preferential treatement (either that, or we can pull all active newspapers out and have them be present on the main forum rather than as a subforum).
This is pretty much my stance...

If we're going to do this, though, we need to set guidelines of activity for media outlets to justify their presence on the main page of the forums.

If we're going to do this, though, we need to set guidelines of activity for media outlets to justify their presence on the main page of the forums.
It has nothing to do with activity. I'm not sure who made the call to have a "government paper" on the front page of the forum, but that's been the justification for keeping it here. Ordinarily no paper get's front page placement. But it really doesn't seem like the government is running this paper atm.

Jusduckria's culture JM duty is to run this paper. That's what he's doing. Therefore, the government is running this.

It has nothing to do with activity. I'm not sure who made the call to have a "government paper" on the front page of the forum, but that's been the justification for keeping it here. Ordinarily no paper get's front page placement. But it really doesn't seem like the government is running this paper atm.
I believe this is still under the Culture Ministry.

Also, HEM, what would you like myself or Modern Sin to do, dictate what kind of programming the EBC can run and how it gets portrayed? <_<

Back