former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network - "Resignation: Everybody's Doing It"
Written by HEM Tiberius

Where did everybody go? That must be what the remaining three Senators sitting in this legislative session must be thinking, with only one of them having been elected in the last General Election.

Platform shoes, Mini-Skirts, get out of the way -- Resignations are the new thing.

Special ENN contributor PhDre says, "The recent volume of resignations in all branches of government is obviously disheartening, but it also allows for dedicated citizens to re-engage with their government. With great upheaval comes the opportunity for great progress - hopefully Europeia will be able to engage in governance in a more stable manner moving forward."

Oliver Grey, Andrew Jefferson, Tyranna Lucina, Asianatic. What's the prognosis?

"I think it would be easy to write a doomsday prediction," Professor of Interregional activity, Joshua Lyman says, "I think in reality we are having a typical turnover rate that most large regions see. Indeed, this week has been one of the most active weeks in months."

It's true, had someone viewed the City Council and social forums, it would be doubtful that inactivity or in-stable government would be looming in their mind as various proposals are debated and pondered.

"We have seen some elders step aside," ENN contributor John Major says, "But at the same time we see some other elders step up again, and new members really start to push harder. Senator Free Politie has recently proposed a bold change to government, and we are seeing constructive debate. It isn't anywhere near doomsday."

Essentially, a new Senate will be soon convening from the one we saw at the start of the term. What they will do, and how they will react, may very well define the future of Europeia.

Stereotypes are rarely illuminating, but the notion that gay men dominate the fashion industry might be an exception. Because otherwise, would mini-skirts ever not be in ?? B-)

Interesting, interesting. I haven't been lurking in the Senate; whats the radical change that Free Politie proposed?

It's in the Constitution V thread. :ph43r:

Back