Remsol Tonight

Hello and welcome to Remsol Tonight. My name is Remsol Greyjoy, and tonight I will be interviewing President Vinage.

Vinage is a incredible example of a dedicated, hard working member of this region who never stops giving. This interview takes an in-depth look at some of his thoughts, beliefs, and his plans for the future.

---------------

Remsol: Mr. President, you have had a very good term so far, and you have received a lot of praise for your work. Do you personally think that you have been successful so far this term?

President Vinage: I think we have been successful and I think I have been successful in ensuring the citizens of Europeia know what is going on with my Administration. If you look to successful Presidents they often give weekly or fortnightly addresses just letting people know that they are still about. If you look to my platform there were two areas I wanted to focus on and these two areas we have improved on. Communication and stability. I touched on it during the most recent address, we have brought back the stability and the want to come onto the forums. That’s a great sign.

R: What do you think that your administration could improve upon?

V: Mmm, probably making a bigger impact in the Nationstates. We’ve started to and we are looking to involve ourselves outside of Europeia now that the stability back home has been achieved. It’s just time to start expanding Europeia’s reach and maintaining Europeia’s spot at the top

R: Just out of curiosity, what in your opinion, is the most ambitious goal you have set for this term?

V: Probably to help nurture and develop new regions who agree and support our values and our vision. While this might seem like a strange one to be ambitious – most new regions don’t last unfortunately. In-fighting, lack of recruitment, frustration are all ‘diseases’ that can turn a blossoming region into a former region. However, to combat this and assist our regional friends, we are looking to further the member nations of the Bealtaine Accord.

R: Do you plan to run for a second consecutive term?

V: HA! I might as well come clean. Yes.

R: What do you think is the most important thing you have accomplished so far in office?

V: Bringing back the….. good times probably. For a lack of a better word I think I will have to stick with that one. I’ve not looked into the regional statistics but it would seem that the number of citizens is up, people online is up, forum posts is up. A while ago we were wondering ‘what next for Europeia?’ and ‘are we on the decline?’ – my term has shown that Europeia has a bright future. That Europeia is no longer on the decline. That is incredibly important.

R: What are your thoughts on the new Citizens Assembly?

V: What to do with the City Council has been an issue for numerous Mayors and for numerous individuals. The City Council would always be up-down-up-down-up-down. It was impossible to predict and understand what was going to happen next. Will a rebrand have an effect? Gosh yes! With Swak’ as well as the first Chairman it could bode even better in defining the future of the Citizens Assembly. We will see how things go though.

R: If you were to have led the reform of the Assembly, what would've you done differently?

V: Oh gosh…. honestly I have no idea what I would have done that was different. That’s quite typical though for Swak’ led projects – he thinks of everything and sees it done.

R: You are arguably one of the most storied members this region has ever seen. Is the end in sight? Do you have any plans on retiring?

V: Am I? Honestly I think I’m just a lucky guy who’s stumbled into opportunities and when given the chance has grasped onto it with both hands. But anyway, am I planning on stepping back? Gosh no… I am love with Europeia and wouldn’t ever leave her. Is this me saying I would go for a third term? Nah I wouldn’t – I don’t think that would be healthy for the region if I did. So no retirement plans here yet. There’s still a lot of roles I’m yet to sample!

R: Your cabinet has seen a drastic decline in the amount of Minister resignations compared to President Sopo's administration. Why do you think that is?

V: Mmmm… this is honestly a hard one to put your finger on. I think timing is a key thing here and when I came to contacting the various individuals I wanted in my Ministries one of the first things I wanted to stress on was: ‘Will you be here until the end?’ I’ve banged on the drum about consistency breeding success and that is really what we’ve tried to do with my Ministers. And, honestly, most of my Ministers I would call my ‘Nationstates Friends’ outside of it. I talk and banter a lot with them and I think that’s kept people on board.

R: With the population now hovering around 1240, what specifically is your set policy for the Ministry of the Interior? Does your administration have a specific 'recruitment plan'?

V: From the start I called on Europeia as a whole to stand up and recruit. The math is simple. 4% of TGs bring in new citizens. The region that has the highest population outside of Game Created Regions and puppets send out the most TGs. So, I guess, the plan here is to flood the TG market and get it out as much as possible. We have some fantastic citizens picking up recruitment and getting on with that and that is a great sign! If they are running for a Senate seat next term – guys you have my vote! One thing of note though is do we take our high population for granted? I mean you do not have to go - that - far back and we weren't even in the 1,000s! The amount of effort it took for us to up and around that number was incredible and I think we forget that sometimes. From the Ministry itself, well I don’t want to reveal too much just yet and me and Shadowlurker touched on it earlier but we are thinking of bringing back something from Rachel’s second term as President. That’s all I will say on that for now.

R: What is your general feeling about the state of the region?

V: We are on the up. After a slightly unsteady previous term things are looking very different now. I know I have said this a fair few times already but there are things quietly rumbling underneath that’ll be big. And I mean BIG.

R: HEM's retirement from the region is a huge loss for us. Being the vital member that he is, do you have any comments on his retirement?

V: I’m not sure vital even expresses how important a founder like HEM is. His retirement isn’t too much of a surprise admittedly as some would have noticed his activity was slowly being reigned in. He won’t be gone from us completely though – he’ll still be here as a private citizen in the very least. What this does mean though is that Lethen, closer to the date, will be taking a more active role with the Supreme Chancellorship, root admin and founder accounts. It also means there will be a slot going vacant. Place your bets guys as to who’ll be the new Supreme Chancellor!

R: Any final comments?

V: Keep up the great work Europeia! Honestly a President is only as successful as his region is and how engaged they are with what’s going on. Europeia has been through a lot through the years and each time we have come out stronger. Better placed. Once again Europeia we have come through some troubles and once again we are better placed for our future. Keep on shining guys!

-----------------

Thank you Mr. President for the incredible interview.

I hope all of you enjoyed, and that will be it for us tonight.

Signing off, Remsol.

Some more good questions, Remsol. Find yourself a theme or direction and stick to it!

Back