Ranking our Government

Ranking our Government
A Poll on the Europeian Government
Written by JayDee, Aexnidaral, Le Libertia, and Darcness

Europeian Government

Written by JayDee

ehh
WL is in a tough place. He didn't run for President again, and here he is with yet another term. Clearly his heart isn't in it, but he could do this in his sleep so we'll be fine.
When the question is this broad, I almost have to approve.
The Executive is not doing that much, as no real progress is being promoted or shown, although the Navy is performing well, or at least performing missions and having decent support. The Senate seems to be slowly working it's way through legislation, with no apparent new ideas. The WA Delegate is not performing that well either. The Citizen's Assembly is barely moving, as it appears difficult for new members to participate. It does appear the new member integration is something that should be addressed.
The term started off rocky, and WL inherited a decent team (though he had to replace Kaboom). Things are going well enough that I'll approve but think of it less like 80% and more like 51% approval
It seems okay. Some ideas seem to be taken from the Brun/Rand ticket but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Based on the results, many people seem to be satisfied by the progress of the Europeian government as a whole. However, one comment indicates that some people might have actually felt obligated to vote “approve” based on the wide ranging nature of the question. The other comments seem a bit more optimistic, with many vocalizing their faith in Writinglegend to lead the region through these trying times. After a series of resignations in the Senate and Executive, some may have lost a bit of faith in the government as a whole to lead the region. The results, however, point handedly to the fact that most citizens seem content as it stands. With three very experienced Europeians leading the helm of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branch, Europeia seems to be in good hands. There are some, very few, who believe more should be done; one person bashed the Executive and Legislative Branch for their seeming lack of progress and generation of new ideas.

Executive

Written by Aexnidaral​

Largely, the respondents reinforce the narrative of the previous question. A total of 85.2% continue to approve of the Executive, while disapprove drops to 7.4% I wouldn't particularly add too much to what was stated from the previous question since largely the numbers break about the same way, with some shift away from raw disapproval. The general consensus seems to be that Writinglegend is steering the Executive in the right direction

Limited improvement/work in general, as stated before, although Navy is stepping up.
Just fine

President Writinglegend's approval stands at a whopping 77.7% with only 14.8% disapproving. For a modern President this is about as good of an approval rating as one can get. However, the President’s approval ratings see a slight dip compared to the Executive as a whole, with many people concerned the Writinglegend no longer has the energy for another term. It seems to show that, largely, Europeians understand the President was thrust into a situation no one saw coming and are giving him wide latitude to leave his mark this term.

He's shown himself well from being thrust into a position he didn't want to have to take, and things are flowing smoothly.
Does not really appear to be implementing parts of the platform. I understand it is difficult to be thrust into the position, but that is what a VP is for, to be ready to step up, or at least that is what I am seeing from the forum.
WL has done a good job of leading the region in a time of turmoil.
I dislike WL as a president at this point. I don't think he is doing a good job managing his ministers. The great ones are doing great and other ones are mediocre. It's the president's job to increase their effectiveness. The prime example is Sam. Sam has barely been active at all, and thus Interior has been dragging along tremendously bad. WL needs to manage his ministers better.
Inherited the term, doing a good job thus far.
I'm kind of burnt out on having WL as a President. He's a good President but it feels stale to continue to go in one direction.

Vice President HEM's numbers vary widely from his boss'-- with 48.1% stating no opinion, 44.4% approving, and 7.4% disapproving. The Vice President's numbers seem to be a confluence of a number of events-- having been elevated to the position by the President after Cat's resignation. If the comments are any metric to pry into the mind of respondents it would seem that many of the "no opinion" responses come from the respondents feeling as though they haven't seen much of what the Vice President has done publicly and aren't quite sure what progress he's made. It will be interesting to see how those who voted "no opinion" break to hard disapprove or approve in later polls. The good news for the Vice President is that his total approval rating weighs his disapproval by a healthy margin.

I haven't really seen a lot out of HEM, not quite sure what's going on with the internship program.
Have not seen him do much. The internship program doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Intern Program looks promising.
Very little activity. Not really present.
Hard to tell.
I would like updates on the Intern program if that work is being done behind the scenes.
Can't give an opinion as I haven't really followed the Internship program that is his primary project this term.
It is hard to judge HEM when so much of the Vice President's job is done outside of the public eye.

With an approval rating of 74% and a disapproval rating of 11.1% Europeians support the efforts of the Grand Admiral so far, giving him high marks nearly across the board. Commenters point to a debate that occurred on the forums recently, saying that they feel the ERN is starting to do more after the publicized debate in response and largely are noticing the effort the Grand Admiral is putting in. Despite complaints in the comment, the strong approval ratings seem to point to a narrative that the population as a whole is very satisfied by the increase in operations.

Great
Needs more rum.
Fest, Brun, and Vac are right. We could do more.
Don't really follow the navy enough to be certain, but it seems that the ERN is doing a few more raids after Fest spoke up.
He's doing better than I expected him to do but it seems like other people are doing most of the heavy lifting this term.
Ops are very active.
Getting the Navy to perform raids, letting and encouraging others to lead missions.
Opportunities for volunteers to get involved is always nice. The loss of that region was a blow though, however it was not calvins part.
Raids are happening, but I'd like to see his input on the debate ongoing between the citizens about tag raiding vs. the tactics (and activity) of the ERN.
The ERN responded to criticism by starting to hit more targets more frequently, which is a step in the right direction.
As a Grand Admiral of the ERN, he's doing great

The now-resigned Minister of Interior's approval ratings aren't particularly relevant anymore, but perhaps they can be used by the incumbent Minister to see where commenters felt progress was lacking. The former Minister's approval rating stood at 22% with 37% having no opinion and 40.7% disapproving. Due to the Minister’s resignation, we see no reason to kick what is essentially a dead horse. Regardless, we wish the former Minister all the best.

hasnt done much
Pls bring back old recruitment helper.
MISSING EUROPEIAN: Sam111 last seen: ???
Doesn't seem that active.
Hasn't really been present.
I'm going to grade Sam on a curve. We need more recruitment, people.
Interior is almost totally dead. It took two weeks for Sam to even post awards once. If he's too busy or experiencing real life problems to consistently fulfill his duties he should resign. There are plenty of other good options for minister.
Don't pay enough attention to Interior to notice re: recruitment and integration.
While the population has continued to dip, that's not his fault. He's doing a pretty average job and that's okay.

Minister JayDee fares fairly well with an 85.2% approval rating, with only 11.1% of respondents disapproving in any capacity. The Communications Minister seems to hit unanimously high marks, with respondents commenting to note his activity and drive. Most people seem satisfied by JayDee’s work ethic and clear show of progress; one commenter however, stated the opposite, claiming that s/he has not seen much from the brand new Minister. A handful of commenters note their opinions on the EBC Update debate. The polarizing decision by the Minister has since been rescinded, but not without its fair share debate.

he's doing good, needs to learn how to back down from an argument though.
Not a fan of the EBC Update.
I believe he is trying, it just doesn't really appear to me.
I think JayDee has done well.
I really love the activity comming out of Comms and fully support his EBC updates decision.
The ongoing debate about hard news is fascinating to read, and I don't agree with the current policy, but I think JayDee is handling the discussion well. We shall see if he's open to listening and changing the policy, however.
I don't really care for the division of articles but JayDee's EBC has produced a good deal of content in a short time. This and the effort put into the "Who's Who" project has been impressive.

Freshly minted Minister of World Assembly, Sanctaria's numbers show respondents didn't have much time to form an opinion on him before the poll. With 59.3% of respondents recording their opinions as having none, the next largest chunk show 37% approving with 1 person (3.7%) disapproving. With so many people being undecided by stating no opinion, it's hard to get a truly representative feel. However, since the closing of the poll, many people seem to view the World Assembly Minister in a favorable light.

Too soon (2)
The eternal question: What goes on in this ministry?
Sanc is doing fantastic!
he's been Minister for a few days, not enough information to decide
Too soon to tell.
Sanctaria has already managed to accomplish more in terms of setting a tangible direction for MoWA than Boomer did in all of his terms combined.
He's doing good work so far. Not much to judge yet though.
He literally just got the job. No opinion. But this ministry is going to remain one where the majority of Europeians have no idea what it does or how to grade it.
He only just started.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Darcness scores well across the board, with only 1 vote of disapproval (3.7%), 74% approving, and 22.2% stating they've got no opinion as of yet. For the most part, people are extremely satisfied by the work of Minister Darcness. Commenters note that they feel that the Minister of Foreign Affairs is largely doing a good job, having moved towards establishing stronger relationships with UCR partners and handling the TSP repeal. The decision for some consistency in the FA Ministry proved to be a good decision; Minister Darcness holds strong ratings and has been consistently reliable in the position. One comment noted Darcness’ choice to tag CSP as a Deputy as a poor choice due to his inactivity. Other than that, Darcness

Great
We seem to be moving in the right direction gathering more UCR partners. Darc/Gleg handled the FA problems at the beginning of the term quite well.
Literally don't know what he's been up to.
Not talking to other ambassadors/foreign leaders. Although the Kantrias treaty was just announced.
Not involved in FA
No surprise there, good job.
Darcness wasn't the driving force behind the TSP treaty repeal but he did see it through. This, combined with a new treaty in Kantrias is good.
I am concerned with his pick of CSP as Sinker deputy. Not because CSP is incapable but because he has his own, self professed issues with activity at the moment.

Newcomer to the dark blue, Minister of Culture Monkey scores relatively positively at 49.2% Approve, with 18.5% disapproving, and 22.2% stating no opinion. Most commenters seem to express their shock, with many saying he’s been doing “better than expected.” There is no doubt the nomination was a big risk by former President Cat, but it seems the decision has payed off so far. However, some people seem concerned by the seeming lack of activity. Perhaps the Minister could ease the opinion of the 22.2% of respondents who had "no opinion" by communicating his progress more clearly.

better than i expected
Literally don't know what he's been up to, haven't seen much out of culture since the start of the term.
I've seen him around a little, but has not done anything to really beef up the culture of the region.
He's trying, but I'm not sure if it's enough.
He's doing well as far as I can tell.
I see a lot of discussions going on behind-the-scenes, but not much else. Has he been around to run Weekend Games? When are we going to have some festivals rolled out?
I like Monkey. Nothing revolutionary but he has done a solid job.

The former Minister of Radio largely scores fairly well, with 62.9% approving and only 7.4% disapproving, and 29.6% stating they had no opinion. Despite resigning with his tail tucked in (because he’s a dog :p ), Siol’s term enjoyed relatively high approval ratings. Some commenters noted that the showreel was clearly out of date, one of the contributing factors to the former Minister’s resignation. Most, however, seemed to be willing to look past this, giving the new Minister the benefit of the doubt in his relative youth to the position. Unfortunately, the Minister was not able to see his high approval ratings before resigning. Like Sam, we wish Siol the best.

barely pay attention to radio, can't have opinion
I don't pay attention to radio.
Siol does appear to be trying, yet it is difficult to determine the success of Radio. I haven't been the most up to date with this department.
I feel like broadcasts have been down recently (note that nothing is on the showreel from 8.17 to 9.4 and nothing since then) and I don't know how much is being planned behind-the-scenes. It arguably isn't fair that I must be comparing his activity levels and production output to Cat, but those are the hands he was dealt and he should be working to get out of her shadow.
So far, so good. Keep it up.

The Attorney General's approval rating stands at 55.5%, with 11.1% disapproving, and 33.3% stating they have no opinion. While the Attorney General has a healthy approval rating, it should be noted that he is the only incumbent Cabinet member with a vote registered against him as "highly disapprove" Commenters range from silly to serious, with complaints that while he has done a good job articulating his cases, his arguments to the Court come very slow. For the most part though, people seem satisfied with the Rand at his post; his legal knowledge has certainly won him a few favors, some commented that they were impressed by the Attorney Generals’ nuanced arguments in the Advisory Opinion thread.

Very slow to respond in Court
Our WA Minister and AG haven't been in office long enough for me to form an opinion. Haven't really seen a bunch from the Foreign office. Haven't seen anything from Interior.
Pedantry. Pedantry everywhere!
Competent, argued his points well.
The Attorney General needs to stick to timelines. He's jerking the Court around waiting for him to decide when he wants to bother with his job.
Really active and doing a lot of good work as AG. Seems to be tacking more than previous AGS.
He never did get back to me about actually prosecuting everyone's favorite spammer...
He has been pretty open to questions and has made attempts to get the region more involved with his department, both of which I like.

Legislative

Written by Le Libertia

Meh
best senate we've had in a while, despite a couple of dark spots.
We took over after a horrible term and got stuff done.
I'm not really sure what this Senate has accomplished, in it's entirely it hasn't left a large mark. Just because it has big names doesn't mean it's good.
It is very clear that the Europeian populace was satisfied with the performance of the 61st Senate. A exceptional majority of 70.3 percent of participants showed either approval or high approval of the former Senate’s performance. This is more than double the rating the previous senate received, which was around 30 percent. The notable increase of activity and productivity in the Senate compared to the relative failure of the 60th senate is likely one of the main reasons participants expressed a high level of satisfaction. The 61st senate managed to pass eight pieces of legislation, which were the Chancellery Reform Amendment, the ESPA Repeal Act, the Hidden Platforms Integration Amendment, the Proxy Waiver Repeal, the Moderator Action Review Amendment, the Judicial Review Expansion Act, and the Organisations Act. This is compared to the one piece of legislation passed by the previous Senate, which removed speaking rights from Supreme Chancellors. Comments also reflect this idea, which one person noting that “this was the best we’ve had in a while,” and another noting “We took over after a horrible term and got stuff done.” It appears that Europeians are excited to observe the Senate steadily rebounding from the inactivity that once marred the region.

Drecq is best Mal 2017... or is Mal best Drecq 2016? Who knows. He's great.
Has done well to get the Senate on track.
Good as usual
The widespread approval of Drecq is very evident, with an impressive approval rating of 80.7 percent, the highest approval rating of all of the Senators. Only one participant rated him negatively, with the remaining 14.8 percent expressing indifference towards his term. Europeians may have been applauding his ability to “get the Senate on track,” as one commenter stated. People also seem accustomed to the quality work that Drecq put into his term. The high expectations and approval of Drecq continues, with him receiving the most votes during the election for the 62nd Senate as well. It seems there is little doubt among Europeians that Drecq is a talented player with a keen legislative mind.

Skizzy has been phenomenal.
A strong, experienced voice.
Skizzy is obviously very experienced.
Skizzy holds the second highest approval rating, with 66.6 percent of participated either giving him approval or high approval. Skizzy slightly diverges from Drecq with a 22.2 percent rating of indifference and a 11.1 percent disapproval rating. Similar to Drecq, Skizzy was likely most applauded for his experienced hand in the Senate, as well as for his work. Two-thirds of the comments about him expressed satisfaction with his experienced presence in the 61st Senate. While he did not run for the 62nd Senate, he would have likely secured a seat in the Senate.

During his last term JayDee carried a lot of the senate on his shoulders, he shone in an inactive senate because at least he was doing something. But he needs to learn to compromise and back down from disagreements.
Active and knowledgeable, but seemed to get into a lot of fights with Drecq.
He's really active considering all the work he does in Comms and other areas.
Former Senator JayDee trails Skizzy with a 59.2 percent approval rating. This is a significant increase from JayDee’s previous term in Senate, which received a polarizing response by Europeians. People showed approval of his hard work in the Senate, although some seemed dissatisfied with the minor conflicts that arose between him and other senators, particularly Drecq. “[H]e needs to learn to compromise and back down from disagreements,” one commenter stated. While JayDee has made significant improvements to his conduct along with exceptional work ethic, it is clear there are still some improvements that people expect.

Darc has done really well.
Former Senator Darcness closely trails JayDee with a 55.5 percent approval rating. One notable observation is the great amount of indifference of his term. A considerable 33.3 percent of respondents expressed indifference towards his term, the most of all of the senators, while he has a disapproval that matches Skizzy at 11.1 percent. This indicates that while Europeians felt he overall did a positive job, some felt that Darcness did not distinguish himself enough during his term.

I honestly don't know how to put my thoughts on Fest's term into polite words, but it's been bad.
Doesn't know enough about Europeia.
Not a big festavo fan
Senator Festavo was by far the most polarizing member of the senate. He etched out a meager 37 percent approval, along with a 40.7 percent disapproval rating, a near even split. Festavo was the only senator who received greater disapproval than approval. While it is clear that Europeians desire change from Festavo, they remain vague as to why they disapprove of him. Of the four comments regarding Festavo, only one specified a specific criticism, which stated that Festavo did not understand enough about Europeia. “I honestly don't know how to put my thoughts on Fest's term,” said one commenter. Further proving the wavering opinion of Fest was his close reelection to the Senate recently, by which he won by only one vote. Fest will have to work hard to prove his value, as many remain uncertain of him presently.

Boomer was doing a good job.
I mean, it's me...
I'm disappointed to see someone resign suddenly from office decide to immediately run for office again.
Really Sad he resigned
Former Senator Boomer, who resigned late into his term, received a 40.7 percent approval. He received both the second highest rating of indifference (at 29.6 percent) and of disapproval (also at 29.6 percent). This indicates a generally uneventful term as senator, and it is likely people expected more during his tenure.

Judiciary

Written by Darcness

They've been busy.
There's not much to disprove of.
If poll lasted another day I could have an opinion on their judgments.

A quick glance at the poll results tells us that the citizenry is quite pleased with the Judiciary. Not a single respondent provided a negative response. Some voters noted, however, that the poll's timing was less than optimal, as various Advisory Opinions were on the cusp of being published, to provide respondents with a better set of results to measure against.

Onder always does good work.
His work to rewrite the entire Court Procedures is incredible.
Skizzy is good.
All I think I've seen from him is the case against Don which was kinda flounder-y, but I don't think that was Aex's fault. Hope to see more from him before his term is out.
He seems to be doing a good job in this role.
I think polling Justices is largely a popularity contest. Skizzy and Onder will score high, JayDee will be middling, and Seymour will be the lowest. Which is a shame because they've really done nothing to deserve negative ratings in the context of how they do their job.if you're voting disapprove on anyone in the Judiciary at this point, it's just personal animus and you should be ashamed.
I liked this pick

What does this data tell us? It tells us that those Justices with long tenures on the High Court (OnderKelkia and Skizzy Grey) have solid approval ratings, but Europeia isn't sure what to think of Associate Justices Aexnidaral Seymour and JayDee. Aexnidaral's one visible venture into the Judiciary was a Judicial Review which was dismissed as unnecessary before it ever got off the ground, and JayDee, as of the time of this poll, had yet to publish anything. Praise is given to Chief Justice Onderkelkia for the rewrite of the High Court's procedures, but other than that, Europeians seem to have little to say about the Judiciary itself this term.

One respondent, however, took this time to specifically call out the very idea of polls regarding the Judiciary. "I think polling Justices is largely a popularity contest. Skizzy and Onder will score high, JayDee will be middling, and Seymour will be the lowest. Which is a shame because they've really done nothing to deserve negative ratings in the context of how they do their job. If you're voting disapprove on anyone in the Judiciary at this point, it's just personal animus and you should be ashamed." While not everyone agrees (every single Justice received at least one negative opinion), it appears that Europeians find the Judiciary to be, overall, humming along.

I deeply apologize for how long this took. I have no excuse, but I hope you can still enjoy the results.

Full disclosure, even I voted No Opinion when it came to me, so I don't blame Europeians for doing the same at all. It was way too soon into my tenure to make a decision heh

I can't say I was surprised by Europeia's lack of conviction regarding your tenure. I expected most of the people who took the poll to select "No Opinion" for the exact reasons expressed in the comments.

Back