Presidential Debate Liveblog

HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
ENN @ 11:21 EST: We're a little late to the party, but better late than never.

Kraketopia on the EBC: "That's a grand misstatement! You can say I did a shitty job, but once you say I've done a really shitty job, you've gone a step too far!"

ENN @ 11:23 EST: Ogastein seems to be under this impression that there are swaths of hidden talent just waiting to work for the EBC, and that as President he will find them. Nice to know his platform is basically just a big game of hide and seek.

ENN @ 11:25 EST: Even though the form for joining the navy is several feet long, we have a google survey to join the Civil Service, and potential Ministry applicants have had respective Ministers ignore their PMs, Kraketopia says that there is hardly any red tape in Europeian government.

ENN @ 11:27 EST: Ogastein: "I don't disagree...want to go for tea and crumpets my friend?"

After this moment of harmony, Kraketopia savvily pivots to a new topic that Ogastein is sure to disagree with him on: the efficiency (or lack therof) of the Civil Service.

ENN @ 11:30 EST:

Kraketopia: "Uhhh the truth is that the Civil Service is awesome"
Ogastein: "YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH"

ENN @ 11:32 EST: Just in case we were worried that a new topic might be addressed, Anumia poses yet another question about the media.

ENN @ 11:34 EST:

Ogastein to his aides before the debate: "Okay guys, I know how I'm going to win this election. During the debate tonight, I'm going to reveal that I -- in my heart of hearts -- believe that the media is....important."

flail.gif

ENN @ 11:36 EST:

Kraketopia's thoughts during Ogastein's answer: "DAMN! Important...? Why didn't I take that angle right off the bat...well I suppose it's not too late to jump on board the bandwagon...hmm...I'll say it plays an 'important role'! That's a little different right? This election is mine! Also, I wonder if that cute blonde in the front row is thirsty...I've really been missing my wife at night since we've started fighting..."

ENN @ 11:39 EST: Kraketopia just announced his plan to appoint a Deputy Minister in Interior to focus on recruitment and technical aspects. Why do I dread the forthcoming six hour debate about why OO's plan to split the Ministry will be better than this?

ENN @ 11:43 EST:

Kraketopia: "Oh by the way, just in case military policy is the next question, HERES A WALL OF TEXT TO DEFEND US FROM EVEN THE WORLDS BIGGEST ARMIES."

#shortandsweetplease

ENN @ 11:47 EST:

Ogastein: "So yeahhhh...I guess members are the lifeblood of the region, and I mean, I can't really deny we have more of them around...and I suppose a simple examination of space and time may lead one to the realization that it has been during my opponent's time as President...so I guess I'll give him a little credit...

Kraketopia: "MOFO ANSWER MY QUESTION:"

Ogastein: "Uhh bitch, I'm not done yet."

ENN @ 11:50 EST:

Ogastein: "Welp, we are only like half way through this debate...and I'm kinda out of ideas...so maybe I should suggest random things that have already been done in order to fill up time"

#EuroChatpromotion

ENN @ 11:54 EST:

Kraketopia: "Uhm I'd like to see some of Ogastein's proposals for a new Telegram. Maybe like a few renditions customized for different flag and motto choices of new nations?"

Is this better or worse than the time CSP started randomly quizzing McEntire on NS History during a debate?

ENN @ 11:57 EST:

Ogastein: "Ya know how I agreed before that there was no redtape or excessive paperwork in the region? Well I stand by that, except in the welcoming telegram, that damn thing is llloooooooonnnngggg."

Kraketopia [thinking]: "I really miss Zenny talking to me like that...."

ENN @ 11:59 EST:

Ogastein: "Now let me mention a Ministry that nobody who joined in the last five years has ever heard of, to give you the impression that I am seasoned and experienced."

ENN @ 12:00 AM EST:

Anumia: "What's the difference between a Minister of Recruitment and Deputy Minister of Recruitment."

Kraketopia: "Well, it would be the one word 'Deputy' I suppose."

Anumia: "WATCH HOW YOU TALK TO YOUR FUCKING ELDERS PUNK."

HEM said:
ENN @ 11:39 EST: Kraketopia just announced his plan to appoint a Deputy Minister in Interior to focus on recruitment and technical aspects. Why do I dread the forthcoming six hour debate about why OO's plan to split the Ministry will be better than this?
ENN @ 12:02 AM EST: This came true....and everyone is crying...

ENN @ 12:03 AM EST: Holy christ I am bored at this point. Deputy Minister? Full Minister? Fuck me please Minister?

I just read a PM from Anumia a few days ago that told me I had a word in my user title spelled wrong...wow I'm sure I've looked like a REALLY intelligent founder. :baghead:

ENN @ 12:05 AM EST: Oh Jesus weeps we are back to the media.

Ogastein: "What has Communications done to warrant its own Ministry then?"

Kraketopia: "We had one. fucking. awesome. interview."

Ogastein: "Drafting telegrams arguably takes longer than drafting three sentence dispatches"

Kraketopia: "Shut your who*e mouth"

Back