Presi Election Content

Common-Sense Politics

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Deputy Minister
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Yoyoyo, homies, yo. It is I, your road dawg, CSP. I know private media has been struggling for a while but we're picking up the pace a bit recently and that's pretty dope to see. I was wondering if any of you or the v dope and turnt EBC already had plans for presidential debates over the weekend/next week?

IF NOT, I would like to propose a partnership between the Europeian Citizen, the EBC, and maybe another interested party to put on an AUDIO debate including all major candidates about four days prior to polls opening (Monday). I think that's probably the sweet spot to allow for engagement beforehand and encourage more afterward.

IF DOUBLE NOT, I'm going to try to get town halls with each campaign individually but I think we can do both of these things plus a couple punditry shows if everybody pitches in.

I understand that there are unwashed heathens among you who like text debates. I won't fight you on having one but I'm not interested in participating, tbh. Who has other ideas?!

@HEM

I am not a private media owner but I would 100% help with any audio debate. No transcripts without AI help this time though :p

Do we know if all candidates are able and willing to do a voice debate?

Hi! As we await platforms, I was talking to PaleLand and had another idea. How do we incorporate more print media ahead of the election? How do we make sure that content adds value instead of duplicating it? What can we try without biting off more than we can chew?

My answers: I would venture to guess most voters do not read platforms in their entirety. What if each outlet picked a ministry/policy area and directly compared/contrasted the candidates planks on that subject? I think that would be a very valuable thing to provide to readers and I don't think it should be too taxing on authors. What do y'all think?

We'll circle back on debates once these platforms are up (hopefully tonight or tomorrow!)

Hi! As we await platforms, I was talking to PaleLand and had another idea. How do we incorporate more print media ahead of the election? How do we make sure that content adds value instead of duplicating it? What can we try without biting off more than we can chew?

My answers: I would venture to guess most voters do not read platforms in their entirety. What if each outlet picked a ministry/policy area and directly compared/contrasted the candidates planks on that subject? I think that would be a very valuable thing to provide to readers and I don't think it should be too taxing on authors. What do y'all think?

We'll circle back on debates once these platforms are up (hopefully tonight or tomorrow!)
So, just here to start the debate on which ministry/policy should each paper take since the platforms are all up

No need to deliberate. Claim what you want. I would just note that there is a brand new FA paper so maybe not that until they make it clear whether they'll be writing or not.

BTW, since mine and Sanju's platform doesn't organize our plans by ministry/policy area, instead focusing on broad executive goals and how individual ministries will contribute to them, we’d be willing to answer any questions that y'all have about our stances on any particular thing while writing.

Last edited:
Hey all! I started a series summarizing the platforms because I saw a big need there. If private media would like to take any of the other three platforms (McEntire's TBA) that could be cool. If folks rather prefer comparing/contrasting policy areas or other aspects rather than a broad summary though, totally cool too!

Hey all! I started a series summarizing the platforms because I saw a big need there. If private media would like to take any of the other three platforms (McEntire's TBA) that could be cool. If folks rather prefer comparing/contrasting policy areas or other aspects rather than a broad summary though, totally cool too!
I think this is a wonderful idea! Obviously the GRC can't take any platforms due to an obvious conflict of interest, but if you need to ask any questions or need help summarizing parts of our platform, Sanju and I would be glad to help!

That’s a great idea! I’ll be summarizing the Kaz/comfed platform for the arnhelm alt

That’s a great idea! I’ll be summarizing the Kaz/comfed platform for the arnhelm alt
Amazing! LMK if you need any help.

I'll jump straight to McEntire's platform either tonight or tomorrow.

Back