Preliminary Senatorial Election Polling

Three's only three I'm decided on. The rest I'm still thinking.

Me, McEntire and Rachel Anumia. I'll probably vote for Indy and Anumia as well.

You don't plan on utilizing all of your votes? Though I understand and respect the principle behind this decision, I worry that should many go by such a standard, the best eight may not get in.

Well, the election isn't here yet. No doubt more people will sign up.

And I'm certainly not going to vote for someone I catagorically oppose, even if that means I end up not using all my votes.

And I'm certainly not going to vote for someone I catagorically oppose, even if that means I end up not using all my votes.
Is there anyone you 'categorically oppose' in this election?

You don't plan on utilizing all of your votes? Though I understand and respect the principle behind this decision, I worry that should many go by such a standard, the best eight may not get in.
I almost never use all my votes. Typically I prefer to vote for the people I know want to be in the Senate, as spreading my vote to people I'm not sure about it makes it easier for the people I am sure about to get ousted. Though I have considered it, I didn't vote for just me while I was running, which is a viable strategy for a Candidate to get an uncontested vote.

At the moment, no offense, you.

You have stated your catagorical opposition to a Bicameral Legislature, and that is something I support. Your catagorical opposition to a regional economy - which I have mixed feelings on - doesn't really help your case in my eyes.

I almost never use all my votes. Typically I prefer to vote for the people I know want to be in the Senate, as spreading my vote to people I'm not sure about it makes it easier for the people I am sure about to get ousted. Though I have considered it, I didn't vote for just me while I was running, which is a viable strategy for a Candidate to get an uncontested vote.
So with that we're saying we only care about perhaps the top half of the Senate and show no concern with who will fill the rest?

I think we'll have more than the 9 candidates who have declared so far, but if only these 9 are on the ballot, I definitely won't cast 8 votes, basically for the reasons Ollie stated.

You have stated your catagorical opposition to a Bicameral Legislature, and that is something I support. Your catagorical opposition to a regional economy - which I have mixed feelings on - doesn't really help your case in my eyes.
No offense taken, of course. Though you'll find the majority of the region does agree with me on those issues.

No offense taken, of course. Though you'll find the majority of the region does agree with me on those issues.
Well, there seems to be a bit more evenness on bicameral (though I could be seeing that wrong), but even if I was the only one, I have my principles, and I will stick to them.

So with that we're saying we only care about perhaps the top half of the Senate and show no concern with who will fill the rest?
Absolutely not. I'm saying in most elections there are five or six candidates I would very much like to see elected, and I would hate to lose the people I care about getting elected by voting for the people I care less about getting elected. There's no "we" here, it's a personal decision about how best to get the people I would like to see in the Senate into the Senate. The more you concentrate your vote, the stronger it is for the people you do vote for, the less you concentrate it, the broader your influence. It's a tradeoff, I usually personally cast about 2/3 to 3/4 of my available votes. If you're wondering, I cast 6 in this poll.

I've also casted 6 only.

I only tic the box of those that I really want to see in; I don't have an obligation to vote for candidates I don't believe in, and doing so risking getting those I dislike/like less getting elected, over those I prefer.

Ohgodbicameriallegislations-hidesfromtheCW-

I'm sorry. And yes, I never use all of my votes for reasons stated already- mainly because at some point, I simply don't support any of the candidates left, and I cannot in good conscience vote for them, because that implies that they have my support. I think that when candidates get in with less votes, that speaks to the amount of regional endorsement they have, and (hopefully) will inspire them to rethink some of their more controversial platform issues.

(voted for three.)

Back