former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network - "Polls Show Uncertainty"
Written by HEM Tiberius

Perhaps fate cannot decide what it wants to do with Europeia. On the heels of two Senate removals and a Cabinet that can't keep the consistency of water, posting levels have skyrocketed in the last week.

"We are seeing activity we haven't seen in months," an Administrative Bureau said on the condition of anomaly, "Consistently over 300 posts a day. Stunned us all here, didn't it?"

However the Europeian people are still cautious. While the Rachel Administration would surely be delighted to declare a second golden age, problems still sit on a murky horizon. President Rachel herself sits on a tentative 54.2% approval rating.

"It's not a bad rating, certainly not for someone who has had to deal with the rubbish she has had to. More than half of Europeia thinks this has been a sound Presidency," Former UK Prime Minister John Major says, "Only 9/25 responders rated her below 50%, but three of the responses were 0, dragging the mean down."

The Europeian Senate fares a little worse, possibly due to public criticism about inactivity. Slightly below Rachel with a 54% approval rating, even though the mode rating was a fair 70%.

"The electorate are feeling rather lukewarm with the entire elected Government," Professor Krugman of Princeton University says, "But while these two numbers are very close, they came about in totally differing ways. Rachel had a consistent number of respondents from around 80% down to 30%. This consistency settled her somewhere in the middle. The Senate had many respondents at 70% and many around 30% showing that the division of opinion on the Senate is much greater than the division of opinion in the Rachel Administration. There is a range yes, but people consistently fill in that entire range."

The Chancellery, containing Supreme Chancellor HEM Tiberius and Vice Chancellors Swakistek and Lethen scored high marks. An approval rating of 78.4% was given to unelected institution.

The City Council also enjoys its day in the sun with a 64.8% approval rating. "Another category with varied results," Jay Leno says, "People voted from 100% all the way down to 20%. The mean was a strong 80 though, with 70 having the second total number of respondents."

Many believe this statistic to be due to the recent revival of the council and the activity spurred within which contrasts with the sluggish term of the Europeian Senate.

A vital metric of the Rachel Administration though is how people think it is "going" despite their overall ranking. Only one respondent believed the administration has been consistency solid, compared to 8 who believe it to be consistently poor. But this isn't all bad news for Rachel Anumia: "11 people believe her administration to be steadily getting better," John Major says, "People still believe in their government and they want her to succeed. This is compared to only 5 who believe it has been steadily getting worse."

However an ominous statistic also exists. If the last General Election were held again, Pope Lexus would defeat Rachel Anumia 14 to 11 votes. "Well, for someone who won in a landslide this isn't a date point anyone wants to see," Jay Leno says, "But actual elections are different than polls where your vote can be used to merely make a point. Rachel has clearly lost some ground, but she would be running in a close election, which is more than her detractors would want."

"However," Professor Krugman and former staunch Lexus supporter says, "If Rachel would to run against the fiery speaker of the Senate -- Sopo -- she would be beat by a 15 to 10 margin."

In turn, however, Sopo would be creamed by Vice President Asperta by a 16 to 9 margin.

What, however, if we threw Asianatic into the mix? Former President and perpetual everything, she would capture 9 votes compared to Sopo's 11 and Rachel Anumia's 5.

Against only Asperta, Swakistek would get 10 votes to Asperta's 15.

Swakistek would beat Sopo only 14 votes to 11.

"These races are very hard to judge," Professor Krugman says, "So early and with little definitive about who could run, we have to make guesses. We see very few landslides here, but Asperta is a definite front-runner above all other candidates.

Europeians tend to believe that a radical change in government isn't needed, but the result isn't as concrete as it was in the past. Only five respondents say "Yes", but ten say "Maybe" which ties the "No" option for the plurality.

Finally, Europeians are divided on the state of the region. Most, 11, believe things are looking up. 9 believe the region stagnate, while an ominous 6 believe things are still going downhill.

"The eventual rebuilding of a golden age relies on people being motivated to work," John Major said, "This poll shows a divided region in terms of optimism, which will prove necessary to get people enthusiastic about regional service."

"11 people believe her administration to be steadily getting better," John Major says, "People still believe in their government and they want her to succeed. This is compared to only 5 who believe it has been steadily getting worse."
I don't think that those who voted 'steadily getting worse' necessarily want her to fail, either- it's possible that they want her to succeed, but simply aren't seeing it.

Former President and perpetual everything
Less so than normal. q:

I always like the 'what-if' questions...it'll be interesting to come back to these in a month and see if they've shifted.

Overall, very nicely done.

Some interesting numbers there. What really bothers me are the people who consistently vote "0" on Presidential approval polls.

Some interesting numbers there. What really bothers me are the people who consistently vote "0" on Presidential approval polls.
I didn't realise that democratic choices bothered you. :p

She doesn't deserve a zero but certainly not above the 50-60 mark.

I didn't realise that democratic choices bothered you. :p

She doesn't deserve a zero but certainly not above the 50-60 mark.
Which is what I'm saying. I doubt people actually believe she deserves a 0. I don't think we've ever had a 0-worthy President.

Any trends, when compared to previous polls?

More people are voting 0.
HEM'd have to confirm this, but we do have a handful everytime who vote 0- I think I can remember 2 or 3 in a couple others back when we did them on the forum. So I don't think it's necessarily /more/ people, persay.
I think three zeros is significant, we usually don't see more than one. And while a zero is definitely not how I percieve the Administration, a mode of 70 is incredibly generous all things considered. europeians clearly want this Administration to suceed, but again I think the mediocre 54% average is more appropriate.

HEM'd have to confirm this, but we do have a handful everytime who vote 0- I think I can remember 2 or 3 in a couple others back when we did them on the forum. So I don't think it's necessarily /more/ people, persay.
I think three zeros is significant, we usually don't see more than one. And while a zero is definitely not how I percieve the Administration, a mode of 70 is incredibly generous all things considered. europeians clearly want this Administration to suceed, but again I think the mediocre 54% average is more appropriate.
Maybe people vote 0 intentionally to bring the average down.

Maybe people vote 0 intentionally to bring the average down.
They absolutely do.

And no Rachel, more people are not voting zero :)

I could be wrong and have too much fate in mankind, but perhaps they answer the question the way they see it?

Or am not enough conspiracist?

I could be wrong and have too much fate in mankind, but perhaps they answer the question the way they see it?

Anyone who thinks this administration actually deserves a 0 has a very skewed view of either this administration or what a 0 actually means.

The Chancellery, containing Supreme Chancellor HEM Tiberius and Vice Chancellors Swakistek and Lethen scored high marks. An approval rating of 78.4% was given to unelected institution.

Only a 78? Pish-posh. Swak's bringing us down.

In my time here, at least, I've noticed that we seem to tend to over-rate when it comes to approval ratings as compared to real life approval ratings, so I do think the 55% and 54% figures are pretty significant. Just saying.

Anyone who thinks this administration actually deserves a 0 has a very skewed view of either this administration or what a 0 actually means.
Now you're just trying to tick me off :p

I didn't give the Admin a 0, but if anyone does that, it's their choice and opinion, and instead of talking at them, perhaps we should try to talk to them?

The Chancellery do fuck all save for opening and closing polls. I really wonder how y'all got 70-something.

The Chancellery do fuck all save for opening and closing polls. I really wonder how y'all got 70-something.
We essentially have nothing to do, and we do it quite well. So what can possibly be bringing us *down?* :p

Back