Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

No Clear Presidential Frontrunner
Written By Dr. Jeffery Haffely
Professor, PhD of Data Analysis

Perhaps what is the loudest testament for voter frustration this term is the huge turnout that occurred in ENN's latest poll. 40 citizens expressed their voices in what is shaping up to one of the most fiery election of Europeian History.

The first question may be one of the most straight forward of the package. We asked voters whether President Falconias deserve to be re-elected. 40% (16) of those questioned state that Falconias does deserve a second term. In contrast, a forbiddingly similar 40% state that Falconias doesn't deserve a second term.

8 respond ants, who make up 20% of the sample state that they are uncertain about the President's merit to a second term.

The second question gauged the strength that Falconias gained or lost by adding Modern Sin to his ticket. 50% (20) claimed that Modern Sin's presence increased their likelihood of voting for the embattled President. Much of that steaming from the perceived inaction out of the incumbent Vice President's Office. Only 6 people claimed that Modern Sin decreased their likelihood of voting for Falconias. The remaining 14 voters stated that it had no impact, for good or ill.

The third question may be the most pivotal for both campaigns:

If on election day, the two choices for President/Vice President were Falconias/Modern Sin and Rougiers/Earth22 who would you most likley vote for?

Strong Falconias: 32.5% - 13
Lean Falconias: 17.5% - 7
Undecided: 7.5% - 3
Lean Rougiers: 17.5% - 7
Strong Rougiers: 25.0% - 10

In total, Falconias pulls ahead with 20 solid votes, and Rougiers garners a respectable 17, with 3 undecided. It's a tight election, and this poll is tainted by the simple fact of longevity. So many people may have changed their minds after reading Rougiers' manifesto or the 48 hour debate sprint, or Kazaman's rant etc.

If this election were to tie (If Rougiers snags all the Uncertains), it is assumed that the Senate would break it for Rougiers. Which is a convenient lead in to the next question:

42.5%, or 17 people feel the current Senate has lost touch with the people of Europeia. This figure went down as voting went on, suggesting that the anger against the Senate may be cooling, however this is not a good plurality for the sitting Senate to boast. 12 voters expressed uncertainty, while only 11 felt the Senate was still in touch with the people.

Do you believe it is right for Senators to vote against what the majority of the citizens want?

The Senate should never vote against the public's will: 15.0% - 6
The Senate can, upon occasion, vote against the public's will: 62.5% - 25
The Public's will should have no impact on a Senators vote: 15.0% - 6
None of the above represent my opinion: 7.5% - 3

In what is perhaps good news for the sitting administration, 57.5% or 23 citizens feel the Senate has been uncooperative with the Falconias Goldenblock. However the question doesn't specify whether the uncooperative is justified or not, perhaps slanting the results. 7 citizens feel the Senate has been cooperating while 10 state that they are unsure.

The region as the whole believes that the President has the best case for re-election. 52.5% or 21 state the President has the better claim on the second term than the whole of the current Senate. 13 state the Senate has the better claim, while 6 state Neither have a case for re-election.

Do you believe the region should switch to proportional voting?

Yes: 17.5% - 7
No: 55.0% - 22
Maybe/Unsure: 27.5% - 11

On the whole, voter frustrated in both the legislative and executive branches of government is clearly displayed, with many citizens trying to stretch for a "eject all" button.

Eject All election fever seeps from American culture into Europeia.

RUN FOR THE LIBERAL FOOTHOLDS!!!!!

HEM, do one on the Senate election :p

I like this!

-Sham-WOW Approval Stamp-

HEM said:
8 respond ants

I seriously puzzled over this mystery for a solid two minutes before I figured out that there were only s'posed to be two words here. :D

Very interesting results - at least now we know where we stand (-ish).

I would like to say that several of my opinions on questions in this poll have changed since I took it. Perhaps a new poll would be more accurate?

People people :p

There will be a new poll at the end of this weekend which will contain some Senate related questions.

Back