Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Poll: Too weird to call
Written By HEM Tiberius
ENN Chief Editor

This election is close, it is early, and it is also too weird. That's right, ENN judges this election "too weird to call" based on recent and frantic polling which has attempted, but failed, to stay ahead of the pace this election cycle.

How the race stood two days ago, Rougiers posed to face off against an Abstain campaign had him winning with 14 to 11 of the votes. However, this is far from the case now.

Early in the candidate choosing cycle the grapevine spoke of Fortana seeking the NCP nomination. A poll with him in the race resulted in a strong 17-8 victory for Rougiers. The seven votes for Fortana represent the NCP base, but the 11 Abstain votes against Rougiers is a much better indication of NCP power.

Someone who was doubted to run at the time, Sopo, gained a small lead against Rougiers when facing him alone. Sopo gets 13 votes and Rougiers gets 12.

Despite all this, the election is appearing to be a solidly three person race. This means the most accurate poll may be the last one:

Rougiers - 10
Sopo - 8
Fortana - 7

Several questions now appear, as Swakistek and not Fortana became the new NCP nominee. The NCP faithful may return to the party now a stronger party is on the ballot, but will they come from Rougiers or Sopo?

There's much to consider, and it appears at the moment Rougiers has established himself as the strongest candidate due to his longevity in the race, but anything can happen and this isn't anywhere close to over.

Falconias is also poised to end with a 52.3% approval rating. He would've maintained a 10-15 deficit to Rougiers had he stayed in the race.

I'm worried that with the EMP coming in its going to split the votes of the anti-Rougiers (i.e. against a guy who has pretty much zero experience anywhere) camp.

Anything but the Rougiers ticket.

I'm worried that with the EMP coming in its going to split the votes of the anti-Rougiers (i.e. against a guy who has pretty much zero experience anywhere) camp.

I think you overestimate the voting power of your party along with the legitimacy of its candidate.

I think you overestimate the voting power of your party along with the legitimacy of its candidate.
Two things:

Just one vote for the EMP will technically split the votes. Nowhere did I state that the EMP were going to have a huge effect. Just an effect. Don't put words in my mouth.

Secondly, the candidates are legitimate (id est. they fulfil the minimum legal requirements to run).

Would you like to be a little more pompous please? Polls have shown Sopo very competitive, and the EMP has just about as many active, voting members as the NCP does. This is very offensive to brush off a party like this, especially one who has gained the amount of traction that we have in little more than two weeks of existence.

Would you like to be a little more pompous please? Polls have shown Sopo very competitive, and the EMP has just about as many active, voting members as the NCP does. This is very offensive to brush off a party like this, especially one who has gained the amount of traction that we have in little more than two weeks of existence.
Well I assure you my intention was not to be "pompous". You'll find I'm rather critical of political parties in general. Secondly, chill for goodness sake. I think the election results will prove my point.

Now it's 12-7-5. The EMP is gathering little less support than the once-huge NCP voting bloc.

Back