defender gangsterist with userite characteristics
It has been just over four months since Europeia became a Frontier. While it is still too early to come to any definite conclusions regarding the update and Europeia’s response to it, I thought that it would be interesting to measure public perception on these topics. I found the responses to this poll to be very intriguing, and while I will keep the focus of this piece rather narrowly on the data from the poll itself, I hope to do a wider analysis backed up by historical data from NationStats "soon". Without further ado, let’s look at the numbers!
When the Frontier/Stronghold update was initially announced, did you support Europeia becoming a Frontier or a Stronghold?
The majority of respondents to this poll indicated that they were supportive of Frontier Europeia at the time that the Frontier/Stronghold update was announced. This is an interesting result, as McEntire's September 2021 poll shows overwhelming support for the Stronghold option.
How did you vote in the Frontier/Stronghold Referendum?
It is no surprise that the majority of responses again indicated their support for the Frontier option in this question. Indeed, the 65% majority in favor of Frontier Europeia is almost exactly the same as the majority in the Frontier/Stronghold referendum vote itself.
Do you believe that Europeia made the right choice in becoming a Frontier?
The response to this question indicates that Europeia's time as a Frontier has swayed some former Stronghold supporters. The inverse does not seem to have happened, though, and no respondent who voted for Frontier Europeia seems to have regretted that decision.
Do you believe that the explosion in population that Europeia has experienced as a Frontier is beneficial for the region?
While the majority of respondents view Frontier Europeia's population influx in a positive light, a significant minority of respondents were unsure on this one. It is worth noting that while Europeia's population has grown from 714 to 1550, our World Assembly population has only grown from 249 to 2671.
What are your success criteria for Frontier Europeia? In other words, what is the bare minimum *whatever* that justifies the switch?
This is a question that, in hindsight, I should have asked during the Frontier/Stronghold debate. The goals that are outlined here are all quite attainable, and I was surprised that there were not greater expectations.
- I would say primarily a notable rise in endos as well as active citizens
- I don’t think we can properly assess yet, in many ways the dust still hasn’t settled.
- Healthy regional activity; Strong foreign policy
- I mean the only real reason I would say there is for this poll is the boom in WA nations in europeia and the general more interaction with the europeia government and the discord/forums.
- Not much — as long as it increases activity in the region (for example, more staff in ministries)
- Remain the most populous UCR, remain secure from external threats, center gameside engagement as the foundation of building and developing our community.
- A functional and active recruitment program and secure level of World Assembly memberships.
- I don't think I can have any success criteria: since we'll never know what Stronghold Europeia is like, what success looks like comparatively is hard to know.
- When our forum-side population increases as much as our gameside population.
- getting a few new people while still not getting raided
- Keeping up with our FA neighbors.
- Integration of new nations into the Forum/Discord and more WA Endorsements on the Delegate.
- Even 1-2 founded nations becoming active citizens at some point is good enough for me. Sure, we lost a lot of nations but none of them were actually active. Also the gameside revival is a pretty great thing that was caused by the transition I'm not a "concrete criteria" kinda guy, I just see that the vibe of the region has improved
- Not getting Del-tipped it a good start
- Safety/security of the region
How would you rank Europeia's success against other Frontiers?
The overwhelming majority of respondents indicated that Europeia is performing exceptionally well compared to other Frontiers -- over 80% saying that Europeia is in the list of the top 5 Frontiers. Only 3 respondents voted negatively.
- I think we're pretty good but there are defo regions that were more prepared
- It has been really awesome to see how important WA nations are now
- top 2
What is your level of involvement in gameside Europeia?
While this question is interesting, it is somewhat vague, and the responses are not as meaningful without some previous numbers to measure them by. I have looked back at the last three Euro Censuses, and I cannot find a question that is similar enough to this one to provide an appropriate point for comparison. This question will be more useful for the next version of this poll.
Where is your World Assembly nation?
It is notable that no respondents answered this question with the 'I do not have a World Assembly nation' option. I guess this poll will not serve as a very effective WA recruiting scheme after all...
Do you believe that gameside security is a serious concern?
The vast majority of respondents believe that gameside security is a serious concern. This should come as no surprise; our Frontier transition has left us without founder protections, and our established and prominent gameplay presence has earned Europeia a number of enemies over the many years.
The Regional Security Council
How satisfied are you with the performance of the Regional Security Council?
Most respondents are satisfied with the Regional Security Council (RSC), though several are unsure or leaning negative. The RSC came under fire [1, 2, 3] at the end of July due to a perceived lack of activity, but there seems to be relatively little discontent held over from that incident.
Are you satisfied with the current endocap system?
The majority of respondents are also happy with Europeia's current endocaps. The enforcement of the current slate of endocaps began shortly before our Frontier transition, and while they caused a stir at the time, the region seems to have taken well to them on the whole.
- i like that they added upc to the rsc, i think he'll do good
- Do not raise the caps pls
- Expect that there is awesome people on the RSC
- endo cap lower if possible
- rawr xd
- Need to work on WA pop. We have the same number of nations as TCB and they have 3x del endorsements as we do.
- UPC is the best but sanju and gem are too cute
- I am unsure whether the whole update had the immediately revolutionary effect on Euro that many of us might have been expecting. Either that or we were prepared exceptionally well for the option we went with.
1. Population data provided by Imperium Anglorum's InfoEurope.