former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network - PhDre holds commanding lead
Written by HEM Tiberius

The results of the last ENN Election Poll has come in, and it gives a healthy electoral lead to current Senate Speaker, PhDre.

When we asked citizens of Europeia who they currently support for the Presidency 20 indicated that they were either leaning or strongly in the PhDre camp. Only 7 indicated that they were strongly or leaning toward Senator Swakistek.

4 members stand undecided.

"The risk for PhDre at this point is really a come from behind win for Swak." says Martin Hallaway who was a senior campaign architect of President Lexus' first Presidential victory. "Back in November of 2008 polls had us creaming Neohabighost left and right. Election day came, and we found ourselves in the midst of one of the closest elections in Europeian history."

And while the current atmosphere may look dire, Swakistek only needs a small fraction of those who claim to be "Leaning Phdre" in order to spring back into a close election. Give him all the undecideds, and suddenly he only needs to peel away 3-4 of the 10 leaners.

"Phdre should be happy, but not arrogant. Europeia is bipolar in election season," concludes Hallaway.

If Falconias was in the race said:
Strongly Swakistek - 2
Leaning Swakistek - 2
Strongly PhDre - 11
Leaning PhDre - 7
Strongly Falconias - 1
Leaning Falconias - 4
Undecided- 4

These results indicate that Falconias would pull support from both Swak and Phdre, although mostly Swakistek which is far from surprising.

If Pope Lexus X was in the race said:
Strongly Swakistek - 2
Leaning Swakistek - 1
Strongly PhDre - 4
Leaning PhDre - 3
Strongly Pope Lexus X - 9
Leaning Pope Lexus X - 6
Undecided - 6

Pope Lexus mops up both competitors, leaving many Europeians still undecided.

25 citizens poll that they are generally happy with the choices they have in this election, while 6 are not.

A plurality of 14 feel that political parties are good for the region while 9 disagree. 8 are uncertain.

"This region needs an attitude adjustment. Like I said before, we're going down a slippery slope of dirtier and dirtier politics that is going to lead to the inevitable implosion of Europeia, and all that we have worked for will be worthless."

When asked if they agreed with the above quote 18 did, while the other 13 who were interviewed did not.

By a landslide voters feel that Pope Lexus' caretaker administration after the resignation of Oliver Grey was the best Presidency since Lethen's own caretaker term.

President Earth finishes with an approval rating of 67% and a tight 16 voters indicate they would be inclined to vote her for re-election versus the 15 said they would not.

People believe that the Senate represent them better than the Presidency.
That the Presidency represent them better than the Chancellery.
That the Presidency represent them better than the Courts.

Very interesting. I'd be interested in seeing favorable ratings for the two candidates.

We could open our own business, Lex!

As I mentioned when talking to HEM earlier, much suprise and intrigue on my part in regard to these polling results. Best of luck to both of the candidates.

As I mentioned when talking to HEM earlier, much suprise and intrigue on my part in regard to these polling results. Best of luck to both of the candidates.
Agreed, I thought it was shocking that your administration wasn't considered the best Presidency of the last six months! :p

But in all seriousness, I'm both pleasantly surprised and honored. Of course, an election is not a sprint, but a marathon, and I look forward to the next 25 miles, and I'm sure Swak does as well.

Also consider that it is currently summer. Some members who are not active enough to see the survey in time (like me!) will still be voting in elections.

Of course, this is only a poll, and anything can happen between now and Election Day. Particularly as we're going to have much greater turn-out for the elections than for this poll, I'm certainly not disheartened, and I, like my fellow candidate PhDre, do indeed look forward to the next 25 miles of this marathon.

Back