Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Party Politics and Senate
Written By HEM
ENN Chief Editor

Today shocking news broke in the region. Party Officials within the Europeian Liberal Party annouced that Senator Atikva had broke party lines and defected to the Liberals. This allegation has not been confirmed by any of Senator Atikva's staff nor by the Conservative Party. However, this could mean that the once deadlocked thin majority of the Union Party now has some breathing room.

Meanwhile, Senior Senator HEM is said to be seething over the bills passed as of late. Indeed, some oddities have been happening on the Senate floor. The Opposition Leader bill passed with 63% of the Senate supporting it, which is less then the 3/4 needed to prevent a veto. With urging from Senators Lethen and HEM Lexus vetoed the bill. This action was reportedly very popular with the entire region, bringing the question of what the next mood swing in the Senate body will be.

What??? This is actually the First I heard of Atikva leaving the party. If its true godspeed man, we had some good times running eh.

Hence why I said it wasn't confirmed :p

As Senate Speaker I would like to voice my concern about "mood swings" of the Senate. Everyone just happens to have their own will and may vote as they want. Besides, the bills aren't odd really, you should blame the writer instead of the whole Senate if you see one bill somehow "odd". And you can't judge the popularity of a bill based on the views of like 5 citizens when that is only a small slice of the huge cake.

The Bills are hardly challenged in the Senate, and most of the time are unneeded or just generally stupid. :p Just my opinion.

The Bills are hardly challenged in the Senate, and most of the time are unneeded or just generally stupid. :p Just my opinion.
I hate to say that I agree. There have been lots to debate, but noone seems to want to argue. The "5 citizens" have been doing quite a bit in coming with points against certain bills, and yet very few Senators have taken their points on board, which is worrying considering there is a cabinet position dedicated to representing the people's opinion in the Senate.

As for odd bills being presented, I guess that is poor phrasing on my part. Though there seems to be a strange emphasis on bureaucracy this term, so my wording isn't totally invalid..

Aren't we all here to serve the region?

Yes, but it is easier to serve the region if the region is interesting. Drama helps this along. :p

I think the problem is that, and especially during Senate debates, Senators are hearing but not listening. Its astounding how many good points raised by other Senators go unheard or unnoticed, or are shot down with weakly-based arguments.

Back