One-on-One with Jusduckria no. 2

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to a very special One-on-One with Jusduckria.

Tonight, I have not one but two special guests. Please welcome the current President and Vice President of Europeia, Rougiers and Earth!

**"Hail to the Chief" plays as the two walk out**

It's a pleasure and an honor, Mister President, Madam Vice President.

Tell me, we're, what, halfway or more into the term? How do you two feel about how things have developed or progressed so far?

We're just about halfway there, yes.

And how do I feel things have progressed so far? That's a difficult question to answer due to its broad nature, but I'll do my best.

It's been an interesting month, to say the least. Since the Goldenblock went blonde, I think we've done a very good job putting the past behind us and doing our best to think forward - not just as a government, but as a region. We've seen a dearth of progressive legislation, not to mention election reform [no thanks to me, of course :p ] and it shows that Europeians are really putting their minds together for our greater good.

It may not be obvious, unfortunately, but more specifically the Ministers have been doing a hell of a job, and their departments have been running for the most part like clockwork - it's made my job a lot easier knowing that I don't have to bug the bejeezus out of them to reach deadlines, and freed up my and Earth's time constraints to do more on the creative end of the process. Relating this point back to your question, I'm not sure we've seen this kind of cohesiveness and teamwork in Cabinets since at least I joined, and it's been a pleasure working with them.

As for the half-term or so itself as a whole, it's hard to call. We've hit a couple snags here and there, but in general I think it's been a prosperous and mostly calm period of time in Europeia's existence - some would disagree, of course, but that's just my opinion.

I agree with President Rougiers on this one. The Cabinet has been easy to reach and quick to respond with ideas and new ways to make this a good term. Each ministry is working hard on their current goals to bring the region back to the status that it had a few months ago. Recruitment is high and heavy with citizens being active and those that have not met their quotas resigning or leaving their posts. We've had EO's that have brought interesting results, a Veto that many were quick to fight (which lead to helping solve the communication issue), Red Euro Day, and now the Hampshire-Europeian Carnival. We've been trying to clean up our mistakes by having a Press Conference which ended with a detailed overview of what we are working on, which has been one of our major critiques as of late.

Each cabinet faces new problems as well as the problems that were plaguing the old and need the help of everyone to overcome these problems. We've gotten quite used to being on top like this and while this is obviously a good thing, some attitudes aren't so happy about that. It's the beginning of the summer, the lowest point in NS throughout a year and yet we have new citizens and activity in all areas of government and social areas. For me, this seems like a good thing and I hope that throughout this term that we continue to be active in recruiting and trying new ideas in different areas of the Cabinet and government.

I think I drifted off there a bit in the middle, but Rougiers really answered the question clearly.

Now, how have things been going in the military? I know that was an issue that had been raised during the election.

And what about the Europeian Intelligence Agency? What can you publicly reveal?

As far as our military is concerned, we've been having some issues with sailor availability as of late, as well as the fact that Grand Admiral CSP has been having RL issues which I am more than willing to accommodate. That being said, as said before, we're still in the process of working with experimental or largely untested raiding techniques and attempting to determine the feasibility of their implementation. This process could take a while, but will yield substantial and constructive results.

I'll defer to Earth on the EIA portion of the question, as my involvement has been minimal in practice.

EIA: We're watching you.

All the time.

To be honest, there really isn't much I -can- say on the EIA. Let me just say, we've been..busy, to say the least. Inside of Europeia and out. It's one area of the government that if anything is leaked..well, that kinda screws it. It's intel, not gossip nor cabinet after all. :ph43r:

I wouldn't say the events in TNI were so much an issue as a crazy non-event.

What I will say, though, is that the biggest issue facing our administration this term is the public's perception of the administration. Many people are under the impression, even now, that Earth and I contribute nothing to the actual government of the region, and they'd be wrong. Obviously these parties don't believe they're wrong, but they can't see all of what we do, either. I hope the last press conference helped remedy that slightly, although it's hard to say that with any certainty.

I second President Rougiers on this one, again. Lots of activity is going on and coordination between the different elements of Cabinet that are hard to put together. We've been very active in regional discussion on and off the forum, expansion and representing Europeia to other regions, and have kept in close contact with our allies. We've been working hard to try and fix what we know is wrong.

We're easily available and the fact is..it's a hard job. Let's take a look at the last three Presidencies. Each administration was..unique in their own way and they had their ups and downs. Sometimes everyone needs to take a few steps away from their computers and just put it into NS perspective. We are the 12th largest nation our of 6,411. I think that says something already. Every administration has their faults and weaknesses and we should not accept adequacy as our best, no, but let us not sit on pots as they boil beneath us, let's talk. Communication is/was an issue in the Cabinet but really..Rougiers and I cannot bother each and every one of you and bribe you into telling us what you want fixed or want done in Europeia; if you have something to say, say it to us. We have Press Conferences, PM boxes, MSN.. Europeia is all of ours together, not the government's only.

I hope that made sense.

It made sense to me. Both of you are echoing my previous guest, Senator PhDre, in regards to communication.

We're going to take a short break, and when we return, we'll discuss the recently issued Executive Order. Stay tuned!

This edition of One-on-One will be paused until new President Earth22 will be able to participate.

We here at the EBC wish her and former President Rougiers luck.

Sounds good to me.

How does it feel, being President? I think everyone was a bit " :blink: :blink: :blink: " when Rougiers resigned.

I'm sorry to see him go. How do you feel?

I'm still quite upset that he resigned. We had lots of plans together for the rest of the term and I was not expecting him to actually resign like that. I understand his reasons, though, and hope to correct what I can during the rest of this term and continue the plans that we had already made or were involved in already.

How does it feel? Well, let's see. It's definitely stressful, for sure. Half the time during school I'll be like 'wait, did I remember to do that last night?' or 'I hope nothing exploded while I was gone'. There's already problems that I need to face, like picking a new GA, which no matter who is put there will be controversial to the general public. It's hard to keep everyone happy at once, and keep the region at the top of it's game. I've gotten a lot of help already this term and advice from Senators, Ministers, regular Citizens, and so forth from my PM box and over MSN. There's always lots going on, in and out of Tomlinson, and lots of people with conflicting opinions. I'm not one to force my opinion on others and I try to see the different sides of things and if anyone has an idea, a suggestion, a note of interest, I'm hoping to be available to them. Well, to put it flat out: I'm upset that Rougiers felt the need to resign, excited for the rest of the term, a bit stressed, but confident in my Cabinet, the Senate, and Europeia altogether.

Hm. Well, I'm expecting about the same citizens that did well in the last election as well as NasaLivesII. I just hope that all these bielections end with a steady, working Senate, as they do seem to be slowing down legislation a bit and that the candidates now live up to what they say they will during the rest of the term. I hope that they are cooperative with the rest of the Senate and well..active. I'm disappointed that CSP resigned though completely understanding of his RL reasons. It's for the best and I can't wait to see him back in the Fall.

Back