New Ticket Fails to Break Through on Eve of Debate

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
From August 14-15, I conducted a poll in the Grand Hall that garnered 27 responses. This is the final poll before the text debate tomorrow on Discord between all four Presidential candidates. Let's see how things stand going into the bout.

Platforms

Screenshot 2023-08-15 165318.png

• TL;DR still would've been nice.
  • A bit light on concrete details but I like the enthusiasm, he'll make it one day
Screenshot 2023-08-15 165329.png

• It's a good platform but they spent more time on pretty graphics then trying to TL;DR some stuff.
  • I feel like Gem wanted to be ambitious but wasn't sure where the places to push the envelope were
  • Could have benefited from editing.
Screenshot 2023-08-15 165336.png

• It seems a little less ambitious than Kaz usually goes for, but that may be a good thing? Clear and clean presentation anyway
Screenshot 2023-08-15 165345.png

• TL:dR pl0x
  • When I think of a McEntire run I think bold ideas, but this platform was completely status quo and flat

The Favorable Numbers (Last Poll -> This Poll)
JayDee/Pichtonia: 42.3% -> 44.4%
Gem/Sanjurika: 77% -> 55.5%
Kazaman/Comfed: 54% -> 66.6%
McEntire/UPC: N/A -> 25.9%

Looking over the data, and including the last poll from a few days ago, we see that Kazaman's ticket has gained favorable, Gem's has grown less favored, and McEntire's ticket makes a pretty lackluster debut. Shoutout to the one commenter who asked for TL;DR on nearly every platform, you are heard.

Field Satisfaction

Not going to include the poll for this one, it was a clean 100%. Every respondent is now satisfied with the field, up from 88.5% in the last poll. Four tickets will tend to have that effect on voters!

The Horserace

Screenshot 2023-08-15 170517.png
Screenshot 2023-08-15 170525.png

Comparison to last poll (No Unsure)
JayDee/Pichtonia: 19.2% -> 25.9%
Gem/Sanjurika: 30.8% -> 14.8%
Kazaman/Comfed: 50% -> 48.1%
McEntire/UPC: N/A -> 11.1%

Something else to consider is that in the last poll, 30.8% of respondents were "unsure", and now it is only 14.8%. Another thing to note would be that Gem's ticket lost a supporter when the "unsure" was removed, for some reason. We see that Kazaman remains the frontrunner, hovering around 50% of the vote, but there are still enough voters unsure that it's not a done deal. We also see that the introduction of McEntire's ticket seems to have taken its support almost exclusively from Gem's ticket, which puts both of them struggling at the bottom of the field, while JayDee's ticket now moves into second place, which will become very important should this election go into a runoff. We'll be sure to poll those potential runoff match-ups in our post-debate poll.

Comments on the Race, from Respondents
  • the candidates' FA platforms are the most important factor to me by far
  • i dont rly understand why mcentire is running. it just feels like hes flailing after what happened last term. i wouldnt go as far as to say that jaydee is spineless as a previous comment did i do agree a that he is wishy washy and seems to bend for political winds. gem is a nice guy but im not sure ive seen enough out of them to give them my vote for president. kaz is competent and we know what to expect from him but i dont see him as the typa person who will light a spark or innovate.
  • Super competitive, great to see
  • Overlooked in the selfrighteous hubbub about snarky comments there was a comment about a candidate being investigated by the attorney general? Is that true?Maybe I am misremembering but that seems pretty significant that people glossed over
Here we see one commenter break down their opinions on each ticket, another stress FA as a key issue, yet another praise the field, and a final commenter, who seems to have missed the ongoing judicial review case: Darkslayer v. Kazaman. Probably worth checking out!

That's all the data we've got going into the debate, hosted tomorrow on Discord, at 6pm est. I'm still accepting any questions from any interested party, these things don't write themselves, you know! Until next time, this is Calvin Coolidge, managing expectations.

A bit light on concrete details

i wouldnt go as far as to say that jaydee is spineless as a previous comment did i do agree a that he is wishy washy and seems to bend for political winds.

Would love to talk about this with either of you (or just the one if this is the same person :p ) , feedback is appreciated :)

(For CSP’s sake, I’m being genuine here)

i love the anonymous commenter who had something negative to say about every single ticket!!! equal opportunity criticism baby lmao
If it's the same person they really committed to the bit!

I can confirm I am not investigating any candidates. At least not yet. 🕵️‍♂️

Reactions: Vor
I wish Kazaman’s platform was more ambitious especially now given his frontrunner status. I know he will lead us well foreign affairs wise but honestly I was looking for more domestically.

Which is to say, no candidate has a particularly thrilling domestic platform. Gem and JayDee do seem to have a slight edge in domestic affairs plans.

Which is to say, no candidate has a particularly thrilling domestic platform. Gem and JayDee do seem to have a slight edge in domestic affairs plans.
Not saying I'm promising the moon and stars, because obviously I could've promised more. I made a very conscious choice to set ambitious but realistic goals. Campaigns have a tendency to overpromise and walk back during the term. I intend to accomplish every single thing I laid out, and give room for ministers to set additional goals of their own.

It's also worth noting that in each term, shit happens. Good or bad, there will be demands made of me and the Cabinet that go beyond our plans. This is baked into my commitments, I've left room for chance or fate to mess with us while still accomplishing my goals.

Wowww. I know I say everything is turnt but these results are actually very much turnt. Lots of questions for irresponsible pundits to play with.

Sucks to see McEntire steal Gems thunder like that but anything can change after the debate

The only poll that matters is the one on election day! Looking forward to today's debate.

The only poll that matters is the one on election day! Looking forward to today's debate.
Can I bottle some of your confidence? You have it in spades, I'd love to be on your side of an issue sometime soon!

Prim that's the phrase that you're taught at gunpoint on the first campaign you work on IRL -- your regional field director ties you to a chair and tells you "say the line" until you start murmuring it in your sleep "the only... poll that matters... is on... election day"

Prim that's the phrase that you're taught at gunpoint on the first campaign you work on IRL -- your regional field director ties you to a chair and tells you "say the line" until you start murmuring it in your sleep "the only... poll that matters... is on... election day"
Do you wanna talk about it…

Back