Mock Trials

Mock Trials
Navigating Europeia's Courts
Writted by Sky of Serpo

The Europeian Judiciary Branch is renowned for its quality. Europeia supports the study of law alongside its politics, and thus the Ministry of Justice is always willing to organize interesting events. Among these we have the Mock Trials, where all Europeians can test their legal skills. This is part of a series of trials that started on the weekend of May 22.

A discussion about mock trials in the third Judicial Conference led Pope Lexus X to propose Mock Trial legislation in the Citizens' Assembly. The region moved The Mock Trials Act (2012) discussion into the Republic Square, where it was agreed that while the idea held merit, it did not require legislation to establish.

"We've had our fair share of trouble really establishing any [trials] because a part of Mock Trialing is roleplaying, and we've never really been a roleplay region," said Attorney General Drecq. "For that reason I've tried to take the roleplay as much as possible out of mine. I provide everything that isn't strictly by the laws of Europeia. All evidence, all characters, and etc," he added.

Attorney General Drecq has organized the Mock Trial with the help of the Judiciary branch of the government. The Associate Justices will be helping the volunteers in the trial. "Additionally, setting up a Mock Trial is a fair amount of work," Drecq added. "Thankfully, with the great help of Malashaan, a lot of what was set up for this one will be permanent, like the masking protected subforums and joinable groups, so in the future it will be a lot less work." The work completed to run this Mock Trial will make the subsequent Trials that much easier to set up.

The Mock Trials offer a great experience for its participants. "This event is bound to teach everyone involved a great deal," said President Calvin Coolidge. "I highly recommend all those interested in the Court to apply, even if you think you know what's involved." .

Are you new to the region? Maybe you're not and want to get in on the fun. Either way, the Mock Trials are a great step towards learning more about the region and making new friends along the way. "A mock trial is where I first learned about law in Europeia," Grand Admiral Kraketopia said. "It's also one of my fondest memories, as the legal sparring match I had with Moronist Decisions was both fun and helped forge our friendship."

The Mock Trials are great because the participants are able to be either prosecutor, defendant, or court, allowing the players to try each part of the legal system. Whereas those who signed up first were able to decide their assignments, Drecq will choose each new participant's assignment in order to keep the numbers equal.

Are you interested in this? The first trial is underway, but it's not too late to join as it is the first of a series to come. Join the first, follow it, and prepare yourself for the next one!

The Mock Trial has been a great success so far, I know the people in my group are pumped about the opportunity. Glad it's being well-represented in the EBC. :D

If you want you can even sign up and still take part in this one!

Back