Midterm Executive Approval Poll Analysis

Midterm Executive Approval Poll
A question of status quo

Written by SkyGreen

Introduction

The European Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) conducted a poll on Executive approval from 16 July to 19 July. There were 27 respondents.

Overall Executive

How satisfied are you with the overall performance of the Executive branch?
Europeians demonstrate overall satisfaction with the performance of the Executive branch, with only 1 respondent expressing dissatisfaction, and over 80% (22) showing some form of satisfaction. Comments highlight the successful actions on the foreign affairs stage, but some also claim stagnation is occurring.
  • Things seem to be moving along just fine but I think there are signs within the ministries that we are maintaining, not growing, in terms of either staffing or programming, which will lead to an inevitable backslide, as it always does.
  • Seems very strong overall, when it would've been super easy to forget about domestic side stuff because of the FA work. Great job
  • Neutral
  • good FA
  • I’ve been quite satisfied with our foreign affairs approaches this term, but domestically, we seem to be suffering some stagnation.
  • Not sure how to feel. For one, they’ve kept a good thing going business as usual, but I also see our executive activity suffering, and us failing to push the envelope

How satisfied are you with the overall direction of Europeia as a region?
The overall direction of Europeia is highly similar to the performance, with minor comments regarding our shift towards the defender alignment. This change had a significant impact on the end of the term, the election, and the immediate aftermath. One commenter noted an issue with realizing the potential of Europeia's frontier status.
  • while it didn't appeal to me at first, going defender seems to be the right direction for Europeia at the moment
  • We don’t seem to be pressing the advantage of being a frontier at all with any concrete integration work or newcomer resources.

High Executive

How satisfied are you with the performance of President Pland Adanna?
The performance of President Pland Adanna is noticeably different compared to the previous two questions, with a rise in dissatisfied responses. However, those who are satisfied remain highly satisfied with PA's work as president. Positive comments praise him for being professional and organized, while more critical ones note a lack of activity and less noticeable changes, possibly related to earlier comments about stagnation. The perception of inactivity may be due to a notable timezone difference between the current President and the majority of Europeians.
  • Is pretty organized and on top of things, but hasn't had a lot of original ideas which they attacked Rand for
  • This is hard for me. I think PA has been perfectly adequate as a President but here's the thing. He challenged and unseated a very popular, successful president and hasn't really made any changes that are easy to perceive. I also feel like I see less of him than I saw Rand so I'm sort of left wondering what the point was.
  • Keep it up
  • He's been very professional when he's gone public, and overall I have to credit some of the good performance of the Executive to him as well
  • Very impressed
  • One of the more inactive presidents in awhile.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Vice President Forilian?
Vice President Forilian's performance has received very positive feedback, with comments praising his visibility. Forilian's wide experience in most, if not all, departments of Europeia's executive might be what allows him to be visible and present in all ministries, leading to a stellar performance.
  • Have not seen much of Fori. It is unclear to me what effect, if any, he is having on the management of the team or what it's producing.
  • Has been at the forefront, taking up the shift when PA is sleeping. Nice to see!
  • Underrated star
  • A good hypeman and worker
  • Most visible vice president in a long time
  • The actual president. The Pland/Fori ticket should’ve been flipped, because Forillian’s been doing a better job at being president as vice president than most presidents have.

Advisors

How satisfied are you with the performance of Foreign Advisor Kazaman?
Kazaman, the Director of the Europeian Intelligence Agency for almost 2 years, has a natural advantage as Foreign Advisor, where he received highly positive satisfaction rates. Many recognize him as playing a pivotal role in the events that unfolded at the beginning of the term. However, some criticize the role itself, stating a preference for him as Minister of Foreign Affairs. Notably, Kazaman is the first to have very dissatisfied respondents, with some criticizing his arguments with McEntire at certain points.
  • I can see this position being one that is needed for specific situations like the one with TRR, but otherwise I still don't think it needs to exist as a permanent fixture. Either way, Kaz has been doing great in the role.
  • I have very little doubt that Kazaman is the primary reason we were able to navigate the mess that was the beginning of this term. He has been an active, effective defender of the Administration domestically.
  • Would be higher but got too personally in the weeds arguing with McEntire at times.
  • Kazaman seems to have been doing a great deal to resolve our FA crisis, and it ended in a near perfect way
  • MVP
  • I’m glad we had an experienced diplomat to talk things out with TRR, but I do hope that these sort of super-minister roles stop after this term.
  • I like Kaz, but I think they should’ve been MoFA, not “Advisor of Foreign Affairs”

How satisfied are you with the performance of Domestic Advisor Istillian?
Istillian, the Domestic Advisor, has received a more mixed response with a noticeable portion of neutral respondents. Some express optimism about the role, while others are unsure about its responsibilities. Two comments highlight his "behind the scenes" work, particularly regarding World Assembly endorsements.
  • Amazing, I would definitely see this role beccoming a more regular part of future Cabinets
  • I don't have enough information about what Ist is doing to rate him.
  • Love Istillian, not sure what his role here has specifically been but that's ok
  • Super important work behind the scenes getting our WA endos up!
  • So much behind-the-scenes work! Istillian is nailing it
  • Where are they, what are they doing?
  • I'm not sure what his job is :p
  • I’m sure they’re hard at work, but whatever that work is, I can’t see it. Also advisors are dumb.

How supportive are you of the concept of Domestic and Foreign advisors above ministerial positions in the cabinet?
Voters are divided and uncertain regarding the Advisor positions, with some referring to it as situational, while others deem it meaningless. Although the poll generally should not be held to high standard due to our small population, this question does not offer many insights. However, considering the previous two questions, one could infer that the Foreign Advisor role has been more successful than the Domestic one, possibly due to a foreign affairs crisis at the beginning of the term.
  • Like I said, Domestic is good but still not seeing the FA use
  • Not sure what value is being added here.
  • If they help the executive, cool
  • Probably situational, but this term it makes a lot of sense
  • If the administration wants them to play a critical role in their management, it makes sense to recognise that with an appropriate position such as that of a Minister
  • Efficient setup, I like it!
  • Scrap it
  • I think the foreign advisor makes more sense than the domestic one. Also stop calling them advisors, call them Secretaries of State or something >:-(
  • It’s fine, but probably not necessary in the future
  • Completely meaningless. If you need someone above your ministers, you should have picked a better Vice President.

Ministries​

How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Outreach Seva?
Seva, as Minister of Outreach, has received a notably positive reaction, despite noted activity problems within Outreach. While certain comments criticize Seva for his activity level, there are few dissatisfied votes.
  • I keep forgetting he's a Minister
  • Seems to be slowing down a bit in terms of activity.
  • Ngl seva is awesome
  • Neutral because it's me
  • he's been alert and in good communication with his staff
  • Has been doing a good enough job, with the activity problems outreach is facing.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Gameside Pichtonia?
Gameside Minister Pichtonia has received an intense, mainly positive, reaction, and notably he is one of the only ones to not have a single neutral respondent (although one respondent was unsure). Critics point out a lack of clarity regarding his work and underutilization of Gameside staff. However, the issues highlighted here may have been addressed in Pichtonia's recently released midterm address.
  • It's unclear to me what work is being done to broaden our gameside outreach or make what we're going more effective.
  • Really not pushing the envelope at all. There are Gameside staff now, but Pichto seems to just be co Ti using what Prim was doing, and not involving them whatsoever.

How satisfied are you with the current split of responsibilities between the Outreach and Gameside ministries?
Regarding the split of responsibilities between Outreach and Gameside, responses are mixed. Some respondents are optimistic, while others are unsure about the balance. This may be due to a variety of factors, including shuffling around both this and the previous term, the Frontier update release, and nostalgia regarding the old Interior name and structure, among others.
  • Gameside has too much while Outreach has too little
  • Still think we haven't got this division of labor right.
  • Needs some refinement but I'm sure we'll hit a groove sometime
  • Outreach for concrete routine tasks, while Gameside coordinates the bigger picture (direction & strategy)
  • current split
  • Gameside should be broad Gameside and integration policy, while Outreach deals with the basic everyday stuff.
  • Zero
  • idk, but not this
  • They both do gameside stuff so I'm not really sure

How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Culture Spagtop?
First-time Minister Spagtop has received a positive response, with users praising Republic Day in particular. Spagtop also led the Ministry during the joint Pride event Seaside Pride.
  • Republic Day was good for how rushed it was given it came right after Pride Month
  • Haven't seen much of Spag.
  • The unique games in the Republic Day event were cool
  • Was pleasantly surprised with how well republicans say went. Keep up the good work!

How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Radio JayDee?
Minister of Radio JayDee is officially the highest-rated member of the Executive with a whopping 96.3% satisfaction rate, two-thirds of which are very satisfied. He is noted for his activity and the content the Radio ministry has been able to produce. Although the issue of a radio show being pulled down has been noted by a respondent, particularly JayDee locking the related thread, this does not seem to have impacted the overall satisfaction rate.
  • JayDee is an active presence encouraging folks to volunteer for shows but, like his predecessors, is not doing much to enrich or proliferate programming.
  • good content
  • Wow. Great stuff out of the Ministry of Radio. Hope to see more JayDee in the future.
  • Locking that thread was uncool

How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Communications HEM?
HEM, the Minister of Communications, has received a relatively positive reaction, albeit with a higher dissatisfied respondent rate. Many comments criticize HEM's activity and contribution, with ICH and Forilian being credited for the true success of the Communications department. Despite HEM managing to publish three self-written articles at the start of the term, this does not seem to have translated into a positive perception.
  • ICH has been carrying this ministry, but HEM is gonna get the credit. He's amazing, but this term has not been his best
  • Comms is performing well but it remains to be seen if HEM really has much to do with it. I'll assume he does for now. Results are results.
  • good content
  • Comms is doing great, but HEM is not the cause of that. Forilian has been running Comms more than HEM has, while HEM doesn’t even have the Comms staff role.
  • HEM’s been in and out this term.
  • Too inactive

Do you believe that the ministries of Communications and Radio should be unified or separate?
Respondents are highly in favor of keeping the Communications and Radio ministries separate. This follows a seven-month period where the actions of the Ministry of Radio were incorporated into the Ministry of Communications. The success and inertia may result in the Radio remaining a separate ministry for the foreseeable future.
How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Foreign Affairs Sanjurika?
Sanjurika has received an overall positive response. However, a third of the responses were neutral, possibly due to the Foreign Advisor taking on more outward-facing aspects of the role. Many commenters encourage Sanjurika, but it remains to be seen how the rest of the term will define the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
  • They've been glossed over by FA Advisor role so it's hard to really grade them
  • Kaz is the MoFA. This isn't a knock on Sanju. The setup kind of guaranteed he be put in a weird situation where achieving anything on his own merit wasn't likely.
  • no complaints
  • Overshadowed by Kaz. Unfortunate, because I think Sanju definitely deserves to stretch their legs in this position.
  • How can I be anything other than neutral? Kaz basically stole their job.
  • Give MoFA their job back pls

How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of World Assembly Affairs PaleLand?
Minister of World Assembly Affairs PaleLand has the lowest rating of all Ministers this term, with a marginally positive rating of 55.5%. Commenters point out a lack of activity and a schedule regarding IFVs and related discussions.
  • Also forgot this guy was a Minister
  • We need to get back on a schedule where IFVs and discussions actually get posted on time.

How satisfied are you with the performance of Grand Admiral Maowi?
Grand Admiral Maowi is the second-highest rated member of the Executive, just behind JayDee, but she is the only one without any dissatisfied respondents. Maowi is praised for her active work on additional programs and capitalizing on the situation set up in previous terms.
  • ERN is doing amazing!!
  • Unbeatable.
  • Maowi has been active and running an extra program for which she does the majority of record keeping herself. She has also generated and managed what I'd see as sufficient activity this term.
  • Maowi has really made lemonade out of last term’s lemons. Things are looking up for the ERN!
  • Seems to be making good with what they’ve got.

How satisfied or concerned are you regarding the activity level of the ERN?
While the activity levels of the ERN do not match the satisfaction of Grand Admiral Maowi exactly, they are still mostly positive. When asked for a comment, Grand Admiral Maowi notes that "I would have liked to get more sailors doing training operations; the timings just haven't seemed to work out on a couple of occasions [...]" noting that other officer may be leading the training in coming weeks. Overall, Maowi sees the ERN's activity as promising.

How satisfied are you with the performance of former Attorney General Lloenflys?
Poll respondents are overwhelmingly satisfied with the work of former Attorney General, now Senate Speaker, Lloenflys. Lloenflys was involved in part in the initial Madjack controversy due to McEntire's decision to proceed with a request for a Judicial Review, resulting in him doing something most AG's don't - actually do something. Lloenflys resigned from his position after winning a seat in the 90th Senate.
  • Did what he needed to do well
  • Sad to see them go. Had the best legislative assessment turnaround I’ve ever seen.

How satisfied are you with the nomination of Rand to the office of Attorney General following Lloenflys' departure?
Rand, who was recently confirmed as Attorney General following Lloenflys' resignation, has received overwhelmingly positive reactions to his nomination.

Other and Speculation

At the current time, which cabinet members would you like to see return in the next presidential term?
A majority of Cabinet members received over 50% support for returning in the next presidential term. The notable exceptions are Seva, PaleLand, and HEM. Interestingly, JayDee received lower support here than in the satisfaction poll, as opposed to Maowi, whose support seems more consistent. This indicates that JayDee's contributions to Radio may not be seen as purely ministerial, but are still noteworthy as he has hosted many of the Radio shows.
With the knowledge you now possess, who would you have voted for in the last presidential election?
Perhaps the most damning result of the poll indicates that a majority of respondents would have preferred a Rand/Maowi presidency after the dust has settled from the Madjack controversy. This result, alongside other comments and results in the poll, may be food for thought for the current High Executive.
If the next presidential election were being held imminently, who would you encourage to stand for president?
Maowi seems to be the most popular choice for encouraging to run for president, with Gem following slightly behind. Other popular choices include several members of the current cabinet, including Istillian, Kazaman, JayDee, Sanjurika, and Rand.
Maowi, Sanjurika, Kazaman
Pichto, Maowi, JayDee
Rand, Gem, Prim, Lloen, CSP, UPC, PhDre
Maowi, Rand, PA, Kaz, Ist
Lloenflys, CSP, Prim
Kazaman, Gleg, Istillian, Pichtonia
Pland Adanna, Forilian, Maowi, Sanjurika, Istillian, Kazaman
Forilian, Maowi, and Gem
JayDee, Maowi, Sanjurika, Pland Adanna
Gem, Rand, Ist
Seva, JayDee, Sanju, Gem, and Maowi
JayDee, Gem
Fori, Maowi, Rand

If the next presidential election were being held imminently, who would you encourage to stand for vice president?
While vice presidents do not stand without backing a President, the EBC still ventured to find out who citizens would like to see in the position. Maowi, Gem, and Sanjurika receive 4 supporters here, while others receive 1 or 2.
Maowi, Sanjurika
Pichto, Maowi, JayDee
Huh?
Everyone
Gem, Seva, UPC
Kuramia, Forilian, Maowi, Sanjurika, Istillian
Gem and Sanju
Gem
Seva, JayDee, Sanju, Gem, and Maowi
Rand, McEntire, Kazaman, Prim, Ellenburg
idk

Do you have any additional comments regarding the state of the executive?
The remaining comments regarding the state of the executive reflect a perception of complacency within the region's leadership. It remains to be seen how significant the gravitas of these concerns is, and if, and how, the Executive might address them.
Status quo is Latin for 'the mess we're in'. We seem to be extremely complacent right now. That'll work fine until it doesn't.
Leadership seems pretty quiet
Think outside the box, stop sticking to whatever is the safe option.

While I somewhat addressed this in my mid-term address, I want to briefly make two other points about my term so far in reply to comments here:

On one hand, I absolutely agree that I could be more visible. I also feel some administrative matters slipped through the cracks for far too long. It would also be great if my article count was closer to 6 than 3. Basically, I know there is room for improvement and fully accept that.

On the other hand, I feel this idea of…”oh the Minister isn’t doing the work, it’s their staff” undermines a lot of our mission to make government service sustainable. In my view, it is a good thing when a Ministry has enough hands and enough room to breath where people can peruse their own initiatives (in this case, articles) with only high-level review and oversight from a Minister. This idea that Ministers should be visibly in the weeds just isn’t sustainable, and encourages folks to run one-person shows that burn people out. Micromanagement or one-person shows are signs of near failure in a department, but I think sometimes still is encouraged just because one persons name is on the government drop-down.

while HEM doesn’t even have the Comms staff role
This is the weirdest take I've seen in a while. :p

HEM has visibility over literally everything as root admin.

Well, I applied to Comms as part of the roll call at the start of the term and STILL haven’t been added to the roster or granted access.
Ah, if that's what was meant, then that's an issue, but I'm sure HEM can probably add anyone to a staff position regardless of if he has the role.

Well, I applied to Comms as part of the roll call at the start of the term and STILL haven’t been added to the roster or granted access.
Hi DH, I'm sorry to hear that! I think because the role-call mostly occurred during my LOA there were some crossed wires there. I'll do a full audit to make sure nothing else slipped through the cracks.

I am glad you've been one of our 10+ authors this term regardless!

like his predecessors, is not doing much to enrich or proliferate programming.
A bit late to the party, but if anyone has ideas on how to expand our programming then I'm all ears. I've attempted to bring in new programs such as Europeian Vignettes, but I'm open to new ideas to enrich the ministry and the options available to the public! Please feel free to reach out :)

Back