Mid-Term Executive Poll Results

Presidential Administration Popular as Ship is Steadied
By Aexnidaral Seymour, Calvin Coolidge, Vac, and Writinglegend

(Europeia – December 9, 2017) – On December 5th, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) ran a mid-term poll on the current state of the Executive. We received a total of thirty-five responses, which makes up approximately 33% of last presidential election's electorate.

Executive:

88.6% Approval
5.7% Disapproval

• As a whole they are doing quite well, just a few weaknesses here and there but if this same exact government (minus the AG) were in place next term I wouldn't complain.
  • Interior needs a lot of work
  • Most seem to be doing a good job
  • Bad President makes Bad Executive
  • It would have been interesting to see how this executive performed if this had been the lineup from the beginning, but a solid performance after a far less than ideal start

President:

94.3% Approval
2.9% Disapproval

• She has been doing a great job running the government! Always seems like there's something new coming out!
  • she’s been amazing!!
  • Not a lot seems to be happening.
  • Not seeing much results
  • Great job of pulling the region together after recent events.
  • Don't see much, she completely abandoned core parts of the platform without saying anything and well, she shouldn't still be in office.
  • While the circumstances of Rach taking the reigns are unprecedented and even more unfortunate than other VP ascensions, she has done well in, worse than usual, troubling circumstances.
  • She's done very well so far this term. Quite active and engaging.
  • Rach is doing a wonderful job, and I am incredibly impressed with her work ethic this term.

The President has essentially gone against her usual norm this term. After having received a resounding majority in the referendum against her, she has proven to be the leader this region needs after the Brunhilde incident. She has surprised many by reaching out to those she usually quarrels with and making amends, even if just to get her through the term. Many point to her community engagement as her hallmark leadership trait.

Vice President:

57.1% Approval
8.6% Disapproval

• Not really very prominent, what is he even doing?
  • He hasn't been visible in his actions, if he's done any at all. I almost forgot he was even the VP.
  • Haven’t really heard much from him.
  • The ever elusive vice president.
  • Another invisible vice president.
  • Kinda hard to judge the VP fairly, and I haven't seen much activity from Darcness
  • always reliable and a great do-er
  • I have no idea what Darc's done so far.
  • He hasn't done a great job of being visible in the VP position. Heck, I nearly he was even VP in the first place.
  • Darc falls under the VP curse yet again, whatever good work he does there will be the questions of "where was he" and the thought of out of sight meaning doing nothing. But given Darc's ability and work, I have little doubt that he has done what he needs to do
  • Not active and engaging.
  • I feel like his impact is limited to Comms, haven't seen him in many other Ministries.

The Vice President is unfortunately falling into the trap that many do: not seen or heard for the entire term. Many note that Darcness has been a non factor for the government. Going forward, Darcness should be a more public-facing Vice President and take on a public initiative or two of his own.

Minister of Radio:

77.2% Approval
11.4% Disapproval

• A little too strict with the ministry. Content should come out at a faster pace.
  • Cat does a good job but I disagree with the direction of the Ministry.
  • I feel the activity of the previous term is unmatched currently. I also wish casts were downloaded more quickly in the showreel, along with more publicity/clarity regarding when there will be live broadcasts.
    meow
  • She's obviously doing a good job. Hopeful would like to see someone new next term.
  • She's definitely capable of better, but doing a good job
  • Radio is solid under Cat, as always.
  • I felt slightly more satisfied with the previous term, and I hope the frequency of broadcasts produced is increased, along with putting them on the showreel quickly.
  • She's obviously doing well, I very much hope however someone else is put in charge of the ministry.

While the Ministry is certainly well trained, and CAN put out quality content, it simply hasn’t been putting out very much content at all this term. And when it does, showreel upload times are sluggish, something that Siol was criticized for last term. Perhaps the recent announcement of de-professionalization will assist in this area. At the same time it would be nice to see the next generation of leaders in “The Radio Family” perhaps be given a shot at the big chair next term. With that said, the Ministries future is bright with several potential ministers trained up and ready to go amongst its ranks.

Minister of Interior:

59.1% Approval
22.7% Disapproval

• He's shown to be an organized and hard worker with some great ideas
  • Interior needs to focus more. Minor tweaks to contests doesn't cut it.
  • He's doing ok but interior as a whole is a mess.
  • Le Libertie has done next to nothing as Minister in terms of integration, and has sent 0 recruitment telegrams. They aren't even registered to send recruitment. What are they even doing in office personally?

While the general consensus is that Libertie is doing a good job as minister, it seems that there is a general discontent with the direction the ministry is headed, with merely “minor tweaks” being made. One commenter even called Interior “a mess”. The general discontent seems to be with the ministry and its image rather than the minister.

Grand Admiral:

54.3% Approval
17.1% Disapproval

• The Navy has been active! Would be nice to see just a bit more from them. :D
  • Seems kinda inactive.
  • Calvin has been running the same triggering seminar since the end of September. Other people are running the Navy in his absence and he forgot that we were leading a hold operation and tried to pull the ERN from it. He has benefited from the work of other people for both his terms and his successes in the role have not been his own.
  • Operations are running smoothly as usual
  • Seems very inactive and elusive in a official role. Far less missions this term than last.

The Grand Admiral has undertaken two high profile holds this term. One against Nazi remnant forces, which is of course a very important foreign policy objective for any upstanding region, and the annual christmas raid that all regions who aren’t named The Grey Wardens partake in. At the same time, he has a capable officer corps who can do most of the field command for him. However, many have critiqued this Grand Admiral for not taking enough of a role in field operations and failing to complete the triggering seminar.

Minister of Communications:

88.6% Approval
5.8% Disapproval

• High quality content comes from this ministry at a very steady pace. Can ask nothing more from them.
  • I am mostly satisfied with Gleg's performance.
  • A great comms minister.
  • EBC is looking great
  • Comms is doing great. Really good content.
  • The one major bright spot of this Administration
  • This term just seems a little duller than the previous one, but I can't specifically point out how...
  • Excellent

This minister certainly lives up to his name. The Ministry puts out timely content with all current events, while continuing to put out the usual op eds. Content has continued to be engaging and interesting. We have even see more foreign content, with the op-ed against the gameside moderators being the shining pinnacle of this term.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs:

57.1% Approval
14.3% Disapproval

• Seems to be slacking this term.
  • Didn't he resign?
  • Sanc is doing well in his position but I get the feeling he doesn't want to be here.
  • Doing a good job, perhaps a slightly worse than his previous term.
  • The Ministry has been doing fairly well. Asking to be excluded from this poll is unacceptable. As is quitting if you don't get everything you want. Ministers must be accountable.
  • His resignation should have been counted immediately
  • He's done a good job, although it could be argued that his previous term was slightly better.
  • The ministry is doing well I'm not sure I'm a fan of his proposal.

While Minister Sanctaria has asked to be not included in this poll and the “narrative”, it would be unfair to the other Cabinet members and create an unfair precedent regarding future analysis. As such, we are moving forward in publishing his results and providing a brief description.

Many state that Sanctaria is doing a good job as minister, but are uncertain with his future in the role. With his recent resignation that was denied, some commenters feel that he no longer wishes to be in the position and his resignation should have been accepted. Despite this, Sanctaria brings in above-average numbers which shows moderate support for his current work.

Minister of Foreign Affairs:

62.8% Approval
14.3% Disapproval

• Good job with the new SOFA.
  • Izzy doing a good job? Yes.
  • Appears to be putting great effort into the FA.
  • Haven't really seen much from her, not entirely sure what to think but I'm not impressed
  • Good developments so far this term.
  • Where are these DTC reforms?
    I
  • zzy seems to be doing a good job, as far as I observed.

Izzy brings in relatively high marks. Action has been taking as seen with Europeia agreeing to a Status of Forces Agreement with Olympia and leaving CAIN. However, many point to the training of foreign leaders as a weak point within his leadership. Izzy has been a major proponent of rebuilding the Diplomatic Training Center (DTC), but it seems as if no initiative has been taken in the area.

Minister of Culture:

71.5% Approval
14.3% Disapproval

• I'm not really sure what he's doing.
  • Mainly approve, although there are still improvements in this ministry I expect Drex to improve.
  • I haven't seen anything from culture so far this term; aside from the waffling and flip flopping on the states at the start of the term.
  • Planning the World Fair will always be difficult so I'm cutting him some slack here
  • He appears to be doing a decent job.
  • I don't really know what Drex has done this whole time. Feels like Pyn is doing Weekend Games, and nothing else is moving forward.

While Europeia has won the right to host the World Fair, many question what Minister Drexlore is doing outside of that. This may, perhaps, be to the lack of unique activity within the area of the culture ministry. One commenter points out how it just feels like Pyn is doing weekend games, which brings the culture ministry back to the root of its problem: lack of innovation. We will see if Drexlore will improve upon the ministry moving forward.

Attorney General:

40% Approval
34.3% Disapproval

• His admonishing that he received at the hands of the Chief Justice in the latest court room proceeding he was part of was an embarrassment to the government. He either needs to step it up or step aside for someone who will.
  • Pedantry, Pedantry everywhere.
  • He's wasting the court's time
  • Late to all responses in the Court, as always. Why do we keep making Rand AG?

This is the second term in a row where Attorney General Rand has been criticized for making a mockery out of the Executive in front of the court. The sluggish pace in front of the Bench has continued into this term, causing many to call into question his capability as the Attorney General.

Minister without Portfolio:

45.7% Approval
11.4% Disapproval

• I'm really not sure what he's doing.
  • I don't think the intern program is worth the time.
  • I guess he's doing well...I can't really say
  • It is clear HEM is putting great effort into his work, and I appreciate it.
  • inactive? Gimme more updates on internship.

• Many are uncertain with what HEM is doing within the Minister of Portfolio (MwP) role, which comes back to the lack of publicity within the Internship Program. Moving forward, the MwP should be watchful to make more of his work with the program public facing.

Support for WA Reforms:

82.9% Support: 48.6% as written vs. 34.3% with some changes
    8.6% Oppose
  • Who trusts R3N’s views? Only sheeple!
  • S12 needs to be changed.
  • Changes needed are minor.
  • I'd rather the WA delegate not be appointed; a regular election would be better.
  • Section 13 is the big thing
  • Need to see some changes
  • Minor changes needed, mostly for bookkeeping.
  • We do not need to micromanage the WAD, we don't need to expand our involvement in the WA even more, and even remotely leaving GA votes open to the choice of the President or their appointee is a bad idea. Our elections don't need debates over RL political issues wound into them.
    Legislation shouldnt be drafted in secret. Future courts need to see the discussions and understand the nuances.
  • I'm uncomfortable with the extent of influence this WA Reform group has. The group's expectation for immediate approval of all the proposed reforms is excessively burdensome to Senate candidates. Nearly all of the Senate candidates have expressed their willingness to discuss this bill, yet even some of those people fail to meet the uncompromised desires of the group. It discourages questioning of the proposed legislation, and it blurs the line between actual support for these changes and a desire to get elected. I also feel this group exaggerates the importance of their reform. Their strategic placement of their statement before Senate elections along with the name recognition and influence this group has puts excessive pressure on candidates to support. If this statement was made after senate elections, then I would argue it would be a completely different situation. I mean, some of the candidates have clearly implied this. Overall, it unfair.
  • S12 needs to be changed.

• Raw results tabulation here

And because ZB is being ridiculous. The last bit is in this post.

Support for WA Reforms:

82.9% Support: 48.6% as written vs. 34.3% with some changes
8.6% Oppose

Excellent work on these results, Vac.

I'd like to also take a moment to thank the pollsters for their honesty in their remarks. I will do what I can to address concerns about the DTC in my mid-term speech, to be released tonight or tomorrow.

The results certainly reflect my sentiments: Rach is doing a great job, but some of her Cabinet ministers haven’t communicated much about what they’re doing, such that it’s hard to judge their performance. Given the tumultuous start to this term, hopefully some ministries are just finding their sea legs and will start showing results soon.

I think I've written more updates about the internship program than there have been updates about any single program in Europeian history (ok not really but). Alas, there will always been more requests for communication.

To be fair, I am a bit late on a "mid-term report" so I'll take my shellacking there.

Back