Measuring Integration

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty

Measuring Integration

Unlike Recruitment, Integration has historically been chalked up a difficult, if not impossible to measure. Going forward we here at the ERI would like to change that. Over the past few months integration has unfortunately been entirely forgotten about. No resources were updated and no formal programs were executed. This provides an opportunity to establish a baseline for testing the effectiveness of future Integration efforts. Thus, I collected various bits of data on the last 50 applications for citizenship 30 days prior to the last Citizenship Review. These nations applied for citizenship from 4/18/19 to 6/4/19. Of those 50 applicants 26% remain Citizens of Europeia as of today.

Next I subtracted their last activity date from their join date to determine how long they had been a member of the region. As you can see above the vast majority of applicants were just on the forums for less than 10 days. There is honestly little we can do from an integration standpoint if the applicant dosent even stay long enough for their citizenship to be approved. 19 of the 30 applicants who stayed for less than 10 days never posted after they applied for citizenship. These people who represent a whopping 38% of this sample are effectively a lost cause. Integration efforts if successful will likely only be able to capitalize on the 5 people who applied and stayed between 10 and 20 days.

Next above I have charted the top level of involvement in government achieved by the applicants. None represents the number of people who effectively did nothing else other than surprisingly reapply for citizenship at some later date. Continued Existence represents people who exclusively participated in Spam Games or posted replies to other posts but did not join the government in any capacity. The "Assistant Minister" share includes everyone who applied to a ministry whether they ended up participating on any substantial level or not. Finally, Higher Appointed or Elected Office consists of everyone who reached Minister, Senator ect since their application date. Only one citizen has reached that level since applying after 4/18, that person being our newly confirmed Minister of Radio Carathetopia. I think that it is likely a favorable sign that AMs represent a larger share than people who kinda just hang around, as it suggests that people who stay and look around the forum are likely to try to get more involved.​

Anyway, that's kinda all I got for today, I had a bit of time at work so thats the main reason this got done. I will most likely revisit some of these statistics in a few months/an equal sample to compare the two to see if there are any substantial differences between the two data sets and if formalized programs/changes make any difference.

Attachments

• 1563819088999.png
    1563819088999.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
A good rundown, Gravadius. I always enjoy your in-depth looks at stuff like this. A topic we need to address. We get them in; how do we keep them?

Maybe we should be asking those who stayed 'what made you stay?'

The answer certainly isn't "approve their citizenship more quickly" :p

I have definitely noticed a trend of increased instances where players lose citizenship then reapply, but I don't know where to put this. Some definitely fall into your category of spam and topic replying; some are older players who have made it a habit; and some are players who never post but are fairly active on Discord

A beautiful piece of work highlighting a serious topic. I'm honestly surprised that the margin of "Continued Existence" is comparatively high compared to those who stay in Europeia (for every person who stays, almost 1 in 4 stay in spam games). Is this formed from a lack of capitalisation on ministries, the particular newcomer's personality or obligations, or perhaps the attractiveness of spam games? Who knows, ahha!

Back