Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
1702155659592.png
"Lime Squeezed Out After Two Weeks as Minister"
Sopo
Managing Editor, ENN

Earlier today, President JayDee announced the removal of Minister of World Assembly Affairs Lime and the nomination of his replacement, World Assembly Delegate UPC. The Senate unanimously confirmed Lime to the role two weeks ago, on November 24.

In the nomination thread for UPC, President JayDee shared that Lime was facing some time restraints, and noted that he and the minister had “some disagreements on the course of the office.”

Lime echoed the president’s sentiment in his comments to the ENN, writing, “We had some disagreements about the direction the Ministry should go in. I also had slightly less time to dedicate to the role than I first imagined (though still enough time to fulfill my role as Minister). Given those disagreements and my slightly reduced free time it makes sense for the administration to find a new Minister who can fully commit to the administration's plans.”

An anonymous ministry staffer offered a less diplomatic take on Lime’s tenure, telling ENN, “Lime has really dropped the ball repeatedly. I understand and have a ton of sympathy for stuff going on IRL, but it’s seemingly been a pattern from them as MoWAA to disappear and let a bunch of proposals go to vote without IFVs.”

Lime also shared with ENN that he was not offered the option to resign in advance of his dismissal, though he was informed that the Administration would be seeking a new minister.

Reiterating some of his public comments, President JayDee told ENN that the Administration’s primary concern with Lime was “inactivity,” adding that “[it] had been a pressure point during his previous ministership as well.”

Lime has also served as Minister of World Assembly Affairs during JayDee’s first term, resigning in early October due to issues with his laptop that have since been resolved.

The President offered some additional details on the vague explanations of a “disagreement” between the outgoing Ministry and Administration, saying: “[Lime] felt that our attempts to improve activity and engagement would be wasted. Rand and I strongly disagreed, and due to these remarks, we concluded that replacing Lime was the best decision for the Ministry.”

Lime’s dismissal follows Minister Josi’s resignation on November 18 after a tenure only slightly longer than Minister Lime’s. If confirmed, UPC will be the third minister this term.

In conversation with the ENN, UPC wrote that “...WAA is something I care a lot about, and I know that there’s a great team there to help me finish this term on a strong note.” The team support seems to be an important argument in the case for UPC. The Senate has focused on the potential for burnout if he takes on the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs on top of his duties as Senator and Delegate. Senator McEntire, in giving her support for the nomination, cautioned the nominee that “if you burn out, I will wag my finger angrily. You’re one of the key leaders in our community, we need you taking care of yourself.”

UPC has the support of the outgoing minister despite the circumstances of his departure. “I think UPC is a great nominee and I wish him and the administration the best of luck with the Ministry,” Lime shared. The anonymous staffer shared a bit more concern, writing, “Not entirely sure how I feel about UPC stepping up; they’ve already got a lot on their plate, and WAA can be a fairly demanding job, but I feel like I should be optimistic.”

For this ENN exclusive, UPC shared that he would not serve as minister next term, citing “a number of very strong candidates” and “plenty of time to identify a minister for next term still.”

This term, the JayDee Administration has also faced turnover in Communication, Radio, and Gameside. The next presidential election will take place in four weeks, and, once again, how to avoid burnout and turnover will likely be a hot topic.

Last edited:
Great write-up, and good digging to get these additional takes. Overall, there's probably a discussion to be had about the causes of, as well as the solutions for the turnover this term, and maybe this is the launching off point for that.

Great coverage and I appreciate the title

Back