Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Legacy
Written By HEM
Editorial

So, as the term comes to a close, what legacy will Pez201 and Delvetia leave in Europeia? Public Opinion surveys have shown attitude toward the pair have been very neutral. Because in all honesty, it has been the Senate running the show this term. Some people think that is how it should be done, and others feel that the President needs to have more frequent intercourse with the people.

Perhaps it is a problem when the President fails to issue any speech of direction, or any goals for Ministries. Or has less then punctual visits to the Cabinet Offices.

However, before we delve any deeper into the Pez201 Administration, it is also vital that we remember the circumstances of which he came into office. He did not lead a stirring campaign that promised the world, nor did he have an interest in the Presidency. He was almost forced to run by much of the populace, which after the Renposa scandal wanted somebody they could trust to run the affairs of the region in an honest, and almost informal way.

Pez ran and won by a margin of victory only rivaled by HEM's original Presidential victory in July 2nd 2008. But all that aside, while he did not beg for the position, he did get it.

His first presidential action was to make Delvetia his Vice President. This action was received with questions from a few citizens "in the know". Everyone liked Delv the question was if he was ready to be a "mouseclick" away from the Presidency, with his limited expeirence as Foreign Minister and Senator.

The first part of Pez's term were good, he signed several bills and recruited and did everything a President should do. He appointed a strong cabinet and the population exploded. However, after not too long the glow of late September and early October faded into Later October and November when several tremors shook the region.

Lethen, not known for his abundance of patience, started demanding in threads that the President "look in the cabinet for once" and many people wondered why there was such a lack of updates on the state of the region from the President. HEM talked to Pez201 on MSN where Pez more or less said "Everything is going fine, so there really is nothing to report on"

Then the population went skydiving. The region lost 40 nations in a period of 48 hours and Lethen exploded again, getting in a fight over population with Asianatic, which they settled among themselves. At this point, Pez hadn't been on in two days, and Delvetia not in 3. Delvetia then resigned from the Senate, citing a busy timetable. However he remains Vice President.

This week both Delvetia and Pez201 are on their last strike for lack of recruitment, meaning that it is possible that very soon Lexus will be acting as President. The next two weeks hold a great deal of unknowns.

In terms of legacy, I can not presume to guess what future generations will think of this term. However, I see it as a filler or transition period between two generations. Because whether Neohabighorst or Lexus is elected it will be a large change, and a changing of the guard, ushering in an era of Presidents not around when HEM was in office.

I salute Pez for his service this term, and for his service previously, and hope he enters a suspected semi retirement with a feeling of satisfaction of his accomplishments, perhaps I will name them later, but that is for another day.

Population nosedives require smart and measured reactions. It is my firm belief that the Conservative Party will bring this attitude, one of not going for each others throats, but of supporting fellow Europeians FOR Europeia.

Hyanygo, could you refrain from advertising your party in my paper :p

Erm...and erm...yeah... :ph43r:

You should be proud. That's the first time I've ever put a quote not related to me/some philosophy/latin crap in my sig.

Then why not exercise the right to do so :p

By the way, I am joking around. As cited by the :p

and others feel that the President needs to have more frequent intercourse with the people.

Only if he wears protection!

Back