Notolecta
Cool Spring
Brunhilde
Haley Davenport-Anumia
Anumia
HEM
Vinage Vinage
Malashaan

Continuing coverage and panel analysis will be posted in this thread.

The Current Standings(top 8 is boded)
Notolecta [IND] 8
Malashaan [IND] 8
Writinglegend [IND] 7
Brunhilde [IND] 6
Kraketopia [IND] 6
Anumia [IND] 6
HEM [IND] 6
Vinage Vinage [IND] 4

prometheus32 [CP] 3
Raging Zen Master [IND] 3
Cool Spring [CP] 1
Haley Davenport-Anumia [IND] 1

The panel discusses election issues and possible speakers:
[00:58] <Brunhilde> I don't think that this election had one massive issue that the election revolved around. Sure, it had IP Rights, Non-Citizens Rights, and even Intelligence concerns, but I don't think any of them are influential pillars that the entire election revolves around.
[00:58] <CalvinCoolidge> The CA-Senate relationship came pretty close, I think.
[00:59] <Brunhilde> That's another one that's a big deal with HEM and Vinage featuring their ideas at the forefront of their election campaign. I think their campaigns made that a hot topic of debate and discussion.
[01:00] <Brunhilde> I don't think it was discussed as much as it should have been.
[01:00] <Sopo> Many people were dismissive of the idea.
[01:00] <Brunhilde> Cool Spring and Haley both got their first votes.
[01:01] <Sopo> WL drops out of the lead, leaving Noto and Mal tied at 6
[01:01] <Brunhilde> That's for sure. I think that it is worth some public debate from the members of the Senate.
[01:01] <Brunhilde> I
[01:02] <Brunhilde> Oops. I'd like to see the coming Senate be a bit more open and bolder than what little I have seen.
[01:03] <CalvinCoolidge> I know if these guys don't get elected I will be proposing something in the CA.
[01:04] <Sopo> But would it matter?
[01:04] <Brunhilde> If it doesn't have support in the Senate, I fear it would be a wasted effort.
[01:04] <CalvinCoolidge> Bunch of Debbie Downers. D:
[01:05] <Brunhilde> If things keep going as they are, there could be an interesting race for Speaker.
[01:06] <Notolecta> I think it'll probably be a "I'll do it, but someone else could too" from almost everyone.
[01:06] <Sopo> This is what you get Calvin, for leaving the Senate in favor of a powerless body. Now Brunhilde will have the power, and you will be left behind in the CA.
[01:06] <Sopo> Yes, I'm interested to see who ends up as Speaker.
[01:06] <Sopo> Mal and WL seem like somewhat likely options
[01:06] <Brunhilde> Noto is certainly an option as well.
[01:07] <Brunhilde> If elected, I will most certainly not be seeking the role. :p
[01:07] <CalvinCoolidge> I think almost all these Senators could be an option. :p
[01:07] <Sopo> I think it's likely to go to a re-elected Senator or Mal, who served as Speaker so many times in the past.
[01:08] <CalvinCoolidge> I think Mal would be the best choice.

The panel discusses RZM's campaign and the Senate aide program:
[01:09] <Sopo> ok, RZM and prometheus are tied again
[01:09] <Brunhilde> That's a bit surprising to me, even with how angry RZM seems to have made the electorate.
[01:10] <Notolecta> I don't think mal wants to be speaker partiularly.
[01:11] <Notolecta> I don't really think anyone wants to think about trying to become speaker until after the senate race is over.
[01:11] <Notolecta> No one wants to get to sure they will get elected just incase they pull a noto.
[01:11] <Sopo> a less active citizen on skype told me RZM's campaign is a "dumpster fire"
[01:11] <Sopo> so I'm not incredibly surprised he's doing poorly at the moment
[01:11] <Brunhilde> From what I heard of the Mixlr interview, RZM got roasted a little.
[01:11] <Notolecta> he was really dodging though, and has been in his thread too.
[01:12] <Sopo> He never answered my question about the Senate Aide program
[01:12] <Sopo> if people say "yeah, maybe I screwed up. I promise I'll try harder" that works better for me than dodging
[01:13] <Notolecta> he also never really adressed the "people didn't like your preformance, why should they elect you?" question.
[01:14] <Sopo> yeah, so...
[01:14] <Notolecta> he basically said "I don't give a fuck what people think" which doesn't answer the question, and I don't myself really care about how people veiw me.
[01:14] <Sopo> not a very good response for a politician
[01:14] <Sopo> oh, he's plugging his culture project in the interview
[01:14] <Sopo> that's nice
[01:14] <Sopo> now I feel bad for being critical :p
[01:15] * Sopo votes for RZM
[01:15] <Brunhilde> The Senate Aide Program is something I want to see changed in the coming term, personally. I don't feel it was really discussed.
[01:15] == NewOrder has quit [Quit: Connection closed for inactivity]
[01:15] <Sopo> it wasn't really
[01:16] <Sopo> Hy's idea of bringing in more experienced Aides to help newer Senators I like
[01:16] <Brunhilde> I don't.
[01:16] <Sopo> no?
[01:16] <CalvinCoolidge> Because of the proxy concern?
[01:17] == NinjaKitten has joined #EBC
[01:17] <Sopo> well, that is one concern, I suppose
[01:18] <Brunhilde> I feel that it would be nice, certainly, but I feel that the Senate Aide Program is meant to teach while also assisting Senators. While more experienced members would be absolutely fantastic, I think that crafting a well informed newbie is what it is all about.
[01:18] <Sopo> so you think it's just outside the scope of what the program is for
[01:18] <Brunhilde> Sopo, you and WL had a wonderful Senate Aide program between you two last term that I liked.. Even if I didn't take part in it myself.
[01:19] <Brunhilde> I do. I would think of more experienced Senate Aides more as secondary teachers than a teacher's assistant, which is what I view less experienced Aides as.
[01:20] <Sopo> if I did it again I'd try to tailor it better to the individual aides
[01:20] <Brunhilde> Most certainly.

Malashaan [IND]
11Notolecta [IND] 10
Writinglegend [IND] 10
Brunhilde [IND] 9
Anumia [IND] 9
HEM [IND] 9
Kraketopia [IND] 7
Vinage Vinage [IND] 6

Raging Zen Master [IND] 4
prometheus32 [CP] 3
Cool Spring [CP] 1
Haley Davenport-Anumia [IND] 1

Close race for the last two seats now; Kraken's low showing is odd. Shin isn't out of it yet, but the lowest three probably are.

Anumia said:
Close race for the last two seats now; Kraken's low showing is odd. Shin isn't out of it yet, but the lowest three probably are.
I wouldn't count anyone out or in quite yet. Some of the people in the top eight might pull a noto.

Also please join the panel discussion in the IRC to make comments if possible.

Malashaan [IND] 11
Notolecta [IND] 10
Writinglegend [IND] 10
Brunhilde [IND] 9
Anumia [IND] 9
HEM [IND] 9
Kraketopia [IND] 9

Vinage Vinage [IND] 6
Raging Zen Master [IND] 6

Haley Davenport-Anumia [IND] 3
prometheus32 [CP] 3
Cool Spring [CP] 1

Writinglegend [IND] 15
Malashaan [IND] 14
Brunhilde [IND] 14
Notolecta [IND] 13
Kraketopia [IND] 13
HEM [IND] 12
Anumia [IND] 11
Raging Zen Master [IND] 10

Vinage Vinage [IND] 8
prometheus32 [CP] 7
Cool Spring [CP] 6
Haley Davenport-Anumia [IND] 5

The election is over the following have been elected to the Senate:
Writinglegend
Malashaan
Brunhilde
Notolecta
Kraketopia
HEM
Anumia
Raging Zen Master

So, despite extremely low (if not record low) approval scores for the previous Senate, all the incumbents that stood for reelection have won. That's interesting. Congratulations, of course, to all those elected, especially our first-timer, Brunhilde. :D

Reminds you of RL Congress doesnt it? :p Except our approval scores werent in the low double digits (16% approve according to Gallop) and we got more work done.

Well, there's always doubt out there around the methodology of polling. A number of times in RL here in Canada, the pollsters are inept, wrong, and motivated for their own purpose and end result, rather than be motivated by the unbiased collection of data.

That resulted in calling elections wrong.

Vinage Vinage said:
It's not like the incumbents came in top though. 4th was the first incumbent
And if more incumbents had stood (me + Drecq), not all of us would have won, certainly. The incumbents were lucky in that there were plenty of seats and a lot of newbies running. I do hope we see more activity this term nonetheless.

I still can't believe RZM got re-elected.

Back