January 2015 - Senate Interviews

January 2015 - Senate Inteviews

All interviews have been conducted for candidates interested in radio interviews. Once again, thank you to Trinn for helping to host this and all of the candidates for their participation! Click on the respective candidate's name to hear their interview.

Radio Interviews:

Text Interviews:
1. Can you give us some background on yourself personally? How you began with nationstates and Europeia?

I joined NS is june and the next day, I joined Euro. After about a week of floundering around I joined the then called Ministry of Regional Recruitment and I have sent at least 50 telegrams every week since joining. A few days after I joined culture and asked Capt. Carrot the then minister if I could start what would become the Avatar Culture Project. Later I served under Kuramia as her deputy chair. In Between Kuramia’s and NK’s second CA term, Kaboom and I ran against WL and Calvin for their 3rd term and while we lost by a wide margin, I learned a lot about the region through the election. Finally, I served as deputy chair under NK and then took up the mantle of Chair myself. Also at some point during the past few months I was appointed Vice-Chair of the ACE party.That's about it.

2. One of the hot topics of this month's Senate race is the Modern Senate Act. Should the idea be completely dropped or should we continue with the legislation? Why?

Considering that the majority of candidates running for senate oppose the legislation it, in it’s current form should be dropped.

3. What is your position regarding the extent to legal jurisdiction? How far do you believe Europeia's laws should go?

They should stretch as far as the governing body goes. So Government sponsored Skype chats, Mixlr and IRC channels should all be under jurisdiction.

4. Do you feel that one person can have multiple positions across the branches of government? Do experience and qualifications of the individual matter?

Yes they can but if another person is available to competently do the job they should do it. In other words if it can be reasonably avoided it should be..

5. What parts of the Election Act would you specifically like to see reformed?

I like the spacing between the closing of standing that the CA sent to the senate last term but was shot down. It’s not a priority though. Also some of the language is inconsistent and that needs to be fixed.

6. What major reforms would you like to see in Europeia's Ministries, if any?

nope

7. What is your position regarding education for the Senate? Such as Senate Aids, etc.

Nk has plans to amp up the VMS into a senate aide like program, so if that proves successful then the previous program is unessasary.
1. Can you give us some background on yourself personally? How you began with nationstates and Europeia?

Well, I started NationStates a few years ago with a nation called "AJD Germany" (I know it was creative). Europeia I started recently, however with my years of NationStates experience I believe that I am a good candidate.

2. One of the hot topics of this month's Senate race is the Modern Senate Act. Should the idea be completely dropped or should we continue with the legislation? Why?

I believe that reform is needed, and though I don't agree with the MSA, I believe we SHOULD consider discussing it, and perhaps some better reforms can be adopted.

3. What is your position regarding the extent to legal jurisdiction? How far do you believe Europeia's laws should go?

I believe that Europeia's laws should apply to anything under Europeian control, or if the place is encouraged by the government (like Skype).

4. Do you feel that one person can have multiple positions across the branches of government? Do experience and qualifications of the individual matter?

If it would benefit the region, then I see no problem with it. I would rather have an amazing minister that is also in the Senate than someone who is so-so and isn't in any more branches. Also, I believe that the experience and qualifications certainly do matter, again, if it benefits the people, government, and the region as a whole, then it should be allowed.

5. What parts of the Election Act would you specifically like to see reformed?

Nothing major, but I think perhaps we could stagger the elections, just not segregate the Senators.

6. What major reforms would you like to see in Europeia's Ministries, if any?

None really

7. What is your position regarding education for the Senate? Such as Senate Aids, etc.

I believe that we should have them.

8. What other reforms would you like to see that we have not discussed above?

A committee between the Senate and the CA.

Back